It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:58 pm

Complementary Colors

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Complementary Colors

Post by balala »

You're welcome, from my part.
mattitta wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 8:03 pm I'm going to try some things on my own for a while,
This is the best way to learn new things about Rainmeter. Keep working because Rainmeter can give a lot of satisfactions. :great:
If you have any further question, feel free to come back. Anytime.
mattitta

Post by mattitta »

Sorry to bother you again i've cleaned up my skin and added the RainRGB function and it kind of works, if I click on Color Picker it comes up and I can pick a color the image color will change but the font color won't unless I click on Color Picker again. Here's the rmskin file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mattitta wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 6:53 am Sorry to bother you again i've cleaned up my skin and added the RainRGB function and it kind of works, if I click on Color Picker it comes up and I can pick a color the image color will change but the font color won't unless I click on Color Picker again. Here's the rmskin file.
Try to replace the first bang of the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeterChangeImageColor] meter with one which refreshes the skins: ["#@#addons\RainRGB4.exe" "VarName=ImageColor" "FileName=#@#Variables.inc" "RefreshConfig=#CURRENTCONFIG# | Complementary Colors\Volume"]
mattitta

Post by mattitta »

Thanks balala for the quick response, but doesn't work.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

mattitta wrote: February 4th, 2019, 5:15 pm Thanks balala for the quick response, but doesn't work.
I realize the issue I had with Color Picking was my own fault by increasing my display DPI (The display DPI MUST BE 100%), that distorted the color spectrum image and resulted in inaccurate picking. :uhuh:

With that resolved, I modified Color Triad by added variables and actions to let end users specify the color variable names and variables file, to be used. This lets them write the complimentary and opposite colors to that file instead of only to the clipboard.

The action to 'Write' is done by clicking the Gradient Titles at the right side of the bottom gradient displays.

Hope this helps users who want to generate complimentary colors and save them in their own file. :welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mattitta wrote: February 4th, 2019, 5:15 pm Thanks balala for the quick response, but doesn't work.
I have to apologize, you've posted the fact that my solution doesn't work, I read you reply, but later I forgot to check and see what's going on. I'm sorry I was so lazy...
I remembered I forgot to try to figure out the issue, when I saw eclectic-tech's reply. If his solution isn't exactly what you wanted, here is mine.
If you're still interested, do two things:
  • Modify the OnChangeAction option of the [MeasureComplementaryColor] measure, to OnUpdateAction: OnUpdateAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables FontColor "[MeasureComplementaryColor]" "#@#Variables.inc"].
  • Remove the same [!WriteKeyValue Variables FontColor "[MeasureComplementaryColor]" "#@#Variables.inc"] bang from the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeterChangeImageColor] meter:

Code: Select all

[MeterChangeImageColor]
    LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#addons\RainRGB4.exe" "VarName=ImageColor" "FileName=#@#Variables.inc"][!SetOptionGroup Colors String "#*ImageColor*#"][!SetOptionGroup Strings FontColor "[*MeasureComplementaryColor*]"][!EnableMeasureGroup "Components"][!UpdateMeasureGroup "Colors"][!UpdateMeasureGroup "Components"][!RefreshGroup "MyComplimentarySkins"][!Redraw]
I hope this time you'll get the skin working as expected. Please let me know if you did.
And sorry again...
mattitta

Post by mattitta »

Thanks balala and no need to apologize, it worked for my volume skin but not for my new player skin. ImageTint would change but FontColor won't unless I clicked color picker a second time.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
Group=MyComplimentarySkins
MouseOverAction=[!HideMeterGroup Info][!ShowMeterGroup Control][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!ShowMeterGroup Info][!HideMeterGroup Control][!Update]

[Variables]
@include=#@#Variables.inc

[MeterBackGround]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
X=0
Y=0
W=420
H=72

[mPlayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=itunes
PlayerType=Title
Substitute="":"Hey Nick"

[mArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=Artist
Substitute="":"Click the circle to"

[mAlbum]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=Album
Substitute="":"Open itunes"

[mState]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=State
Substitute="0":"#@#Play.png","1":"#@#Pause.png","2":"#@#Play.png"

[TitleText]
Meter=String
MeasureName=mPlayer
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=#FontFace#
FontColor=#FontColor#
FontSize=15
x=216
y=0
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Info

[ArtistText]
Meter=String
MeasureName=mArtist
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=#FontFace#
FontColor=#FontColor#
FontSize=15
x=216
y=25r
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Info

[AlbumText]
Meter=String
MeasureName=mAlbum
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=#FontFace#
FontColor=#FontColor#
FontSize=13
x=216
y=25r
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Info

[PreviousButton]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Previous.png
x=105
y=15
h=40
w=40
ImageTint=#ImageColor#
AntiAlias=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mPlayer "Previous"]
Group=Control

[PlayPauseButton]
Meter=Image
ImageName=[mState]
x=190
y=15
h=40
w=40
ImageTint=#ImageColor#
AntiAlias=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mPlayer "PlayPause"]
Group=Control

[NextButton]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Next.png
x=265
y=15
h=40
w=40
ImageTint=#ImageColor#
AntiAlias=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mPlayer "Next"]
Group=Control

[OpenButton]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Open.png
x=40
y=15
h=40
w=40
ImageTint=#ImageColor#
AntiAlias=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mPlayer "OpenPlayer"]
Group=Control

[CloseButton]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Close.png
x=340
y=15
h=40
w=40
ImageTint=#ImageColor#
AntiAlias=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mPlayer "ClosePlayer"]
Group=Control

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mattitta wrote: February 8th, 2019, 1:59 am Thanks balala and no need to apologize, it worked for my volume skin but not for my new player skin. ImageTint would change but FontColor won't unless I clicked color picker a second time.
It should have to, because this code has set the Group=MyComplimentarySkins ([Rainmeter] section), same way as Volume.ini. Not sure what to say...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mattitta wrote: February 8th, 2019, 1:59 am Thanks balala and no need to apologize, it worked for my volume skin but not for my new player skin. ImageTint would change but FontColor won't unless I clicked color picker a second time.
ImageTint is used for the Control group, while FontColor is used for the Info group, so logically you're doing something "wrong" in the case of the Info group that makes your desired action malfunction. At first look, one thing that's different in those groups is that the Info one has DynamicVariables=1 being set on its meters, while the Control one does not. I might be mistaken, but that's where I would start looking for the answer on why this is happening.

Maybe balala or eclectic-tech can share their opinion on this too.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 8th, 2019, 5:25 pm ImageTint is used for the Control group,
There is no ImageTint variable involved. Just ImageColor. I suppose this is what you wanted to write.