It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:41 pm

ReScale - a HiDPI helper

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
nicegamer7

ReScale - a HiDPI helper

Post by nicegamer7 »

Hi everybody, I made a plugin.

This plugin will return the monitors scale factor and disable windows scaling.

What does that mean, you might ask? On HiDPI displays, windows will scale everything to become larger, including Rainmeter. The issue is Rainmeter has already rendered the skins, then the scaling happens, which causes blurriness. Using this plugin will allow scaling to happen before rendering, meaning crisp text and graphics.

Bugs:
- Doesn't work with refreshing (fixed)
- Kind of a bug, but no skins support this, so they'll all become tiny

Source: https://github.com/nicegamer7/PluginReScale-Rainmeter

I've attached a sample skin showing how it's used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Virginityrocks

Re: ReScale - a HiDPI helper

Post by Virginityrocks »

Thanks! I was looking for something like this. Definitely necessary for high resolution monitors.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

I finally got the chance to try this out. It doesn't seem to be working. Remains at Scale: 1 regardless of the Windows DPI setting.

Edit: I was able to get this to change, but only after changing the DPI compatibility settings for the Rainmeter shortcut. Is this the intended functionality?
Borck

Post by Borck »

Hope this helps someone how has issues with the skin. I implement HIDPI in a skin back in 2015 which also supports HIDPI in Rainmeter 4.x. It has the same functional principle. It includes a plugin to disable the system scaling and provides the scale factor using the $ variable.

http://fav.me/d9hqg96