It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 7:13 pm

Help with fader in ActionTimer!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Help with fader in ActionTimer!

Post by jsmorley »

jsmorley wrote: December 12th, 2018, 1:46 am About the only thing I can think of, and I can't promise even this will perform really well is a completely different approach.

Have a SINGLE .jpg image file that has all the 1,080 images in it, arranged any way you want in rows and columns.
Create 1,080 Shape meters to act as "lids" for each of the separate pictures displayed in the image. Have them start "opaque". No images are shown.
On mouse-over of a given Shape meter, transition the opacity of the shape from 255 to 1, showing the appropriate part of the image below it, and on mouse-leave transition it back to 255 to hide that part of the image again.

Any way you look at it, it's a boatload of code.
Guess this isn't really the effect you are going for though...
andersonventura

Post by andersonventura »

Humm this is a great idea!! I can determine the colors of the spectre of my gradient in the shapes with opacity to tinge the background image!! I will try!!
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Something that should help is instead of having this
U=[!UpdateMeasure Fader][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
Which updates ALL of the meters, you can have this:
U=[!UpdateMeasure Fader][!UpdateMeter SpecificMeter][!Redraw]
Which updates ONE meter.
(If you'd like to share your skin, I can dig more into it.)
Here's how this would work:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
SkinWidth=1920
SkinHeight=1080

[Variables]
Alpha1=1
Alpha2=1
Wait=8
MouseOn=
U=[!UpdateMeasure Fader][!UpdateMeter #MouseOn#][!Redraw]

[Fader]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=Repeat FadeIn1,#Wait#,51
FadeIn1=[!SetVariable Alpha1 "(Clamp(#Alpha1#+5,1,255))"]#U#
ActionList2=Repeat FadeOut1,#Wait#,51
FadeOut1=[!SetVariable Alpha1 "(Clamp(#Alpha1#-5,1,255))"]#U#
ActionList3=Repeat FadeIn2,#Wait#,51
FadeIn2=[!SetVariable Alpha2 "(Clamp(#Alpha2#+5,1,255))"]#U#
ActionList4=Repeat FadeOut2,#Wait#,51
FadeOut2=[!SetVariable Alpha2 "(Clamp(#Alpha2#-5,1,255))"]#U#
DynamicVariables=1

[Slice_01]
Meter=Image
Group=Slices
ImageName=#@#slice_01.png
X=0
Y=0
ImageAlpha=#Alpha1#
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure Fader "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure Fader "Execute 1"][!SetVariable MouseOn #CurrentSection#]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure Fader "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure Fader "Execute 2"]
DynamicVariables=1

[Slice_02]
Meter=Image
Group=Slices
ImageName=#@#slice_02.png
X=96
Y=0
ImageAlpha=#Alpha2#
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure Fader "Stop 4"][!CommandMeasure Fader "Execute 3"][!SetVariable MouseOn #CurrentSection#]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure Fader "Stop 3"][!CommandMeasure Fader "Execute 4"]
DynamicVariables=1
On more thing. Do you have all 1080 images loaded at the same time, or are they called with different actions?
andersonventura

Firstly, I am grateful for the answers of all of you!
Something that should help is instead of having this
U=[!UpdateMeasure Fader][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
Which updates ALL of the meters, you can have this:
Which updates ONE meter.
I used your settings and the performance was very similar to what I'm having with the current settings.
On more thing. Do you have all 1080 images loaded at the same time, or are they called with different actions?
I believe the images are being inserted into the code, within each Meter.
For each Meter I need two different Actions, which are within the same Measure. (these are the conclusions I came to because of the low level of knowledge I have with language. Please bugger me if I am wrong!)

What causes me exhausting work ...
In the new version of the project, with smaller Slices, I'm only in the 20th Meter. Due to the little time available to stay on the pc!

I would like some magic command that would allow me to use the same Action for all the Meters. (I really do not know if this is good.)
I do not know if it would be possible in Alphas as well ... I do not know if calling another document something would not help in anything ... I really lack the knowledge to make such findings.
If you'd like to share your skin, I can dig more into it.
Your help will be incredibly welcome! :thumbup: :thumbup: :great: :bow: :welcome:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csBKNLvBWDZwibUizdqL__ubVa4gVhES/view?usp=sharing
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

andersonventura wrote: December 12th, 2018, 7:57 pm I used your settings and the performance was very similar to what I'm having with the current settings.
I don't think there would be important differences between usage of the posted two U variables (unless if using the second form, there wouldn't be some meters - others then [SpecificMeter] - which also should have to be updated). In fact using the U=[!UpdateMeasure Fader][!UpdateMeter SpecificMeter][!Redraw] form of the variable would be better, because when ran, an ActionTimer plugin usually has to update the measures / meters quite often, so it's better to not update all meters.
andersonventura

balala wrote: December 12th, 2018, 8:12 pm I don't think there would be important differences between usage of the posted two U variables (unless if using the second form, there wouldn't be some meters - others then [SpecificMeter] - which also should have to be updated). In fact using the U=[!UpdateMeasure Fader][!UpdateMeter SpecificMeter][!Redraw] form of the variable would be better, because when ran, an ActionTimer plugin usually has to update the measures / meters quite often, so it's better to not update all meters.
SpecificMeter
Is relative to the Meter which the ActionList is called (used literally SpecificMeter)?
Is #CURRENTSECTION# the correct (alternative) usage?
Or would I have to manually specify this on every action the Meter that regulates? For example: U=[!UpdateMeasure Fader][!UpdateMeter Slice_1][!Redraw]
andersonventura

Its possible to make 1080 Alpa.ini files with te same content, just the filenane changes to Alpha1.ini, Alpha2.ini

Or with the same ActionsList1 and ActionList2 Called from another .ini files with the same content?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

andersonventura wrote: December 12th, 2018, 8:25 pm Is relative to the Meter which the ActionList is called (used literally SpecificMeter)?
Instead of SpecificMeter you have to use the name of meter as it is. For example [!UpdateMeter "Slice_01"].
andersonventura wrote: December 12th, 2018, 8:25 pm Is #CURRENTSECTION# the correct (alternative) usage?
Or would I have to manually specify this on every action the Meter that regulates? For example: U=[!UpdateMeasure Fader][!UpdateMeter Slice_1][!Redraw]
When used into a code, #CURRENTSECTION# represents the name of the measure / meter where the variable is used. This means that you can use this variable ONLY inside of the section itself. When used outside of it, you have to specify the name of the section.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

andersonventura wrote: December 12th, 2018, 8:33 pm Its possible to make 1080 Alpa.ini files with te same content, just the filenane changes to Alpha1.ini, Alpha2.ini

Or with the same ActionsList1 and ActionList2 Called from another .ini files with the same content?
Not sure what would be the essence of this. Having 1080 .ini files with the same content, doesn't seem something useful.
andersonventura

balala wrote: December 12th, 2018, 8:36 pm Instead of SpecificMeter you have to use the name of meter as it is. For example [!UpdateMeter "Slice_01"].

When used into a code, #CURRENTSECTION# represents the name of the measure / meter where the variable is used. This means that you can use this variable ONLY inside of the section itself. When used outside of it, you have to specify the name of the section.
in this case i should use #CURRENTSECTION# in each ActionList presents in my measure "Fader"?
In another words...
Should i remove the Variable #U# and use the entire sentence on each ActionList??

Or just one time im my Variable #U#?