It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:28 pm

FREESPACE

Skins that monitor system information
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: FREESPACE

Post by balala »

HarryStottle wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 11:15 am Brevity: the soul of wit - and cause of much confusion.

The bit I didn't clarify was that I haven't used eclectic-tech's offering. I merely used their topic to raise my question.

My own mod is much simpler. Its a tweak of the "Disks" skin which I achieved by modifying Disks.ini (or, in my case, Disks17.ini because I have 17 drives listed) I'm looking to change the word at the end of each Disk summary line from "used" to "Free". Nothing else. I've already managed to get it displaying the right numbers (the freespace rather than used) and I can't even claim that its confusing to see "used" because I know it doesn't really apply. It's an irritant more than anything; although I was, more generally, thinking about how one could prep different versions of the ini to perform slightly different tasks and realised that unless I know how to modify the line text, the variations would be fairly useless to anyone except the author.
I'm sorry Harry if I upset you with my post. My English isn't the best, maybe I didn't perfectly understand your request, but definitely didn't want to upset you.
HarryStottle

Post by HarryStottle »

Balala

I appreciate your concern, but trust me, it would take a lot more than someone misunderstanding one of my posts to upset me!

And I guarantee that your English is a hell of a lot better than my Romanian :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

HarryStottle wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 11:48 am And I guarantee that your English is a hell of a lot better than my Romanian :thumbup:
I think it is.
Finally have you succeeded to do what you wanted?
HarryStottle

Post by HarryStottle »

yup. All working beautifully

Cheers
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

:thumbup: