It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 7:46 am

DesktopWorkArea doesn't work!

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: DesktopWorkArea doesn't work!

Post by dragonmage »

Hodoku could you please paste your [Rainmeter] section in here so we can see exactly what you are using?

Rainmeter must be restarted each time you edit DesktopWorkArea= and any windows that are already maximized need to be "restored" and then maximized again. Any app that causes a RefreshSystemSettings call to Windows will also cause DWA to be reset, which requires another restart. It may be possible, though I doubt it, that you have a program running that continually refreshes system settings.
Lance

Post by Lance »

dragonmage wrote:Any app that causes a RefreshSystemSettings call to Windows will also cause DWA to be reset, which requires another restart. It may be possible, though I doubt it, that you have a program running that continually refreshes system settings.
Any chance someone could speak to whether or not this is being addressed?

I'm new to Rainmeter, but I like what I see and I'm pretty sure I'm here to stay.

I just can't see how this could not be a huge issue for people. I mean, I have to restart Rainmeter probably 15~25 times in a workday, as even locking my machine causes it to be lost.

If there are any ways around this, or if there are possibly any pre-releases I may be able to get a hold of where this no longer occurs, that would be amazing. Thanks a ton in advance, guys.
ランス
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Lance wrote:I just can't see how this could not be a huge issue for people. I mean, I have to restart Rainmeter probably 15~25 times in a workday, as even locking my machine causes it to be lost.
A "Refresh All" should be enough to reapply DWA settings in Rainmeter 1.3 beta r475.
Lance

Post by Lance »

poiru wrote:A "Refresh All" should be enough to reapply DWA
What keeps Rainmeter from being able to simply "hold" it like Google Desktop's sidebar or Desktop Sidebar?
ランス