It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:06 am

Unable to load language error message

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
gfreeman10

Unable to load language error message

Post by gfreeman10 »

Hi there
As in main title, I' m experiencing troubles with the last version of rainmeter.
If I shut down my pc, or simply I reboot it, Rainmeter app, which is configured to start at SO launching, shows this error message " unable to load language library". O.O
Why? Till last night I had no problems.
Thanks in advance.
Nel mezzo del cammin di Nostra vita mi ritrovai in una selva oscura, che la diritta via era smarrita
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Unable to load language error message

Post by jsmorley »

Sounds like maybe one of the language library .dll files has gotten deleted or corrupted in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Languages.

You might want to re-install the latest version of Rainmeter from https://www.rainmeter.net.
gfreeman10

Post by gfreeman10 »

Hi
Thanks for your reply. yes I already have tried to reinstall it, with no success.
In the mean while I have copied the " rainmeter .dll" file into System 32 Windows directory, because before this error there was another one "unable to find rainmeter. dll library error 126".
Anyway, I have not resolved yet.....
Nel mezzo del cammin di Nostra vita mi ritrovai in una selva oscura, che la diritta via era smarrita
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gfreeman10 wrote: October 27th, 2018, 2:50 pm Hi
Thanks for your reply. yes I already have tried to reinstall it, with no success.
In the mean while I have copied the " rainmeter .dll" file into System 32 Windows directory, because before this error there was another one "unable to find rainmeter. dll library error 126".
Anyway, I have not resolved yet.....
Remove that rainmeter.dll from System32, it does not belong there.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I wonder if your C++ runtimes in Windows have gotten corrupted somehow. I would get and install this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Then reboot.
gfreeman10

Post by gfreeman10 »

Hi I am here again
Well I re-tried what you said ( I already did it :D ) but without success.
I have reinstalled all c++ runtime libraries from 2005 ones till 2017 ones, but when I try to install 2015 version ( which you posted) I get the error that another version is already installed on my machine.
I did reboot but still same problem.... :???: Now I get the "old" 126 .dll error :phhht
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ugh, sorry yeah. I should have linked you to the 2017 runtimes.

Just double check and re-install this:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746572
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/
gfreeman10

Post by gfreeman10 »

Nope
It does not work yet.
I cannot understand that, why suddendly a program like rainmeter should stop working??
I have not installed SO updates or similar, even not other programs.
I will try to uninstall and reinstall one more time all c++ runtime libraries and Visual studio 2017....
I' ll keep you posted.
gfreeman10

Post by gfreeman10 »

Well
I have re-installed everything , every version of c++ runtime visual studio libraries and Visual Studio.
It does not work. The older ones have been uninstalled using ioBit Uninstaller that provides to remove also registry keys.
At the moment, I have copied the link to the rainmeter .exe file in my desktop, so when the error message appears I don' t have to search in the rainmeter directory any time to launch it. :sly:
It is a temporary solution, waiting to find a better one, if there is.... :?