It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:39 am

illustra (Not your usual illustro clone)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: illustra (Not your usual illustro clone)

Post by eclectic-tech »

Bribeired wrote: October 15th, 2021, 7:00 pm @eclectic-tech Nice skin. Any way I could add my own on World Time?
Click the Title to open the Yandex site, search for your city, when you find the clock, click the gear icon and select "Informer". Copy the geoid= value found in that code.

Then edit "illustra\@Resources\variables.inc" file by adding your geoid value as one of the 5 locations.
Save that file and refresh the skin.
Bribeired

Post by Bribeired »

@eclectic-tech Highly appreciated.
Bribeired

Post by Bribeired »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 15th, 2021, 8:34 pm Click the Title to open the Yandex site, search for your city, when you find the clock, click the gear icon and select "Informer". Copy the geoid= value found in that code.

Then edit "illustra\@Resources\variables.inc" file by adding your geoid value as one of the 5 locations.
Save that file and refresh the skin.
Um, sorry, but what if I need only two locations?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Bribeired wrote: October 15th, 2021, 8:52 pm Um, sorry, but what if I need only two locations?
Then you don't really need a world clock, but you could edit the skin to hide the last 3 times meters and set ItemLines=5 in [Variables] to ItemLines=2.

Or you could make a copy of the "illustra\Clock" folder, give it a unique folder name like "illustra\Clock2", and edit that file to show your second time zone.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I do like the illustro quite and this is a very good upgrade :thumbup:

You could use shape meters instead of graphics for the backgrounds now too! :D only if you wanted of course.
- MuLab -
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

sl23 wrote: October 16th, 2021, 8:02 pm I do like the illustro quite and this is a very good upgrade :thumbup:

You could use shape meters instead of graphics for the backgrounds now too! :D only if you wanted of course.
illustra does use shapes as backgrounds... and it scales to fit any screen resolution. :???:

Code: Select all

{trim}

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1
X=5
Y=5
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,190,(36+(#ItemLines#*22)),2 | Fill Color #fillColor# | StrokeWidth (1*#Scale#) | Stroke Color [#darkColor] | Scale #Scale#,#Scale#,0,0

[MeterBackgroundTop]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1
X=(5*#Scale#)
Y=(5*#Scale#)
Shape=Rectangle 3,3,184,25,2 | Fill Color #headerColor# | StrokeWidth 0 | Stroke Color [#textColor] | Scale #Scale#,#Scale#,0,0

{trim}
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Oh lol

Illustro started my quest to create my own skins as I liked it's simplicity to much.
- MuLab -
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

sl23 wrote: October 17th, 2021, 8:58 am Oh lol

Illustro started my quest to create my own skins as I liked it's simplicity to much.
Sorry, I may have misunderstood your reply :oops:

I love illustro's style too, but it can not be easily scaled for hi-resolution displays. That is why I created illustra, to mimic illustro's appearance, and take advantage of new Rainmeter features that have been added over time.

As time passes, some of the great original skins (Enigma, illustro, Gnometer, etc.) start to show signs of aging; like everything in life! :uhuh:
Weather doesn't work in most of those unless they've been updated. Many are not able to scale for the new high resolution displays. RSS readers have changed. Rainmeter and computer capabilities have expanded.

The popularity and creativity of those it packages encourage me to try to keep them working if I have the time.

Good to see others are taking time to look at updating some of those "classic" skins. :great:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Enigma is a great quite too. Not seen it lately though
- MuLab -
Bribeired

Post by Bribeired »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 16th, 2021, 5:12 am Then you don't really need a world clock, but you could edit the skin to hide the last 3 times meters and set ItemLines=5 in [Variables] to ItemLines=2.

Or you could make a copy of the "illustra\Clock" folder, give it a unique folder name like "illustra\Clock2", and edit that file to show your second time zone.
@eclectic-tech Thank you.