It is currently April 18th, 2024, 3:04 pm

High CPU Usage

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
bobsage

High CPU Usage

Post by bobsage »

I have an issue using Win 10 Widgets (https://win10widgets.com) with rainmeter. For some reason my CPU is extremely high when using this (90% plus) Upon further inspection it looks like the rainmeter process is constantly spawning and killing multiple cmd.exe and conhost.exe processes every single second.

See below video I ran while recording the rainmeter process is process explorer -

https://vimeo.com/295510869

Can anyone let me know if this issue is rainmeter related and can be fixed? I've seen others who have no issue with Win 10 Widgets and don't have this issue. The dev also seemed to abandon the project and hasn't ever released a version beyond 1.0. Hoping the issue is Rainmeter related so I can fix it on this end.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: High CPU Usage

Post by eclectic-tech »

No idea... I so not see that on my system.

I wouldn't touch the code due to it's interconnected style and If you downloaded his Installer you have an old version of Rainmeter :vomit:

Suggestion: Download Rainmeter from https://www.rainmeter.net/ either 4.2 or the latest beta* (*=recommended)
Install Rainmeter
Download only the rmskin package from Win10Widgets (the link is in small print under the download button)
Install the package
This will give you the latest Rainmeter and a fresh cop of his code.

If you are still seeing high CPU usage you really need to track down the author for help.
bobsage

Post by bobsage »

Same thing after doing a full reinstall of rainmeter and then using the beta. Oh well, maybe I'll just stick with illustro.

Quick question - is there a way to make the illustro widgets bit larger? It's a bit small on my screen.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

bobsage wrote: October 21st, 2018, 2:02 amQuick question - is there a way to make the illustro widgets bit larger? It's a bit small on my screen.
Yes, but this is limited due to the suite's use of a single preset background image that automatically stretches vertically to accommodate multiple lines but not larger text. Beyond a certain point of enlarging the text will be larger than the background image.

The change would involve but a quite a bit of new coding for every skin and the result may not be as aesthetically pleasing due to the background limits mentioned. :uhuh:
bobsage

Post by bobsage »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 21st, 2018, 4:58 am Yes, but this is limited due to the suite's use of a single preset background image that automatically stretches vertically to accommodate multiple lines but not larger text. Beyond a certain point of enlarging the text will be larger than the background image.

The change would involve but a quite a bit of new coding for every skin and the result may not be as aesthetically pleasing due to the background limits mentioned. :uhuh:
No worries, it's not that small that's it's a major issue.