It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 5:42 pm

Transformers Rainmeter Skin [by SparkShredder]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Transformers Rainmeter Skin [by SparkShredder]

Post by balala »

SparkShredder wrote: October 18th, 2018, 2:05 pm Can I explicitly use Update=100 on separate measure. Or is there a trick with updatedivider, or
Update is a global option related to a skin. NO WAY to change / update it. Actually, no one option of [Rainmeter] section can't be changed.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

SparkShredder wrote:Can I explicitly use Update=100 on separate measure. Or is there a trick with updatedivider
DEFAULTUPDATEDIVDER was established exactly for this...

You can set a low UPDATE rate in the [Rainmeter] section and add a DefaultUpdateDivider rate option. This will let you use UpdateDivider on individual measures to have animations use a faster update than other measures.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=100
DefaultUpdateDivider=10
This essentially sets the skin update rate to 100 * 10 = 1000 ms; updates once per second

Now in your ActionTimer measure add UpdateDivider=1, so that measure will use 100 ms update speed.

You can use different UpdateDivider values to set measure updates anywhere from the fastest @100 ms upward.

If you do not have an UpdateDivider on a measure, it will use the DefaultUpdateDivder * Update (1000 ms in this case).
SparkShredder

Post by SparkShredder »

Some Additions pendings,,

But here's current state of skin.
There are four variants.
Two main variants with color and some image differences.
Lite versions of each, which are basically (Main Variant - Start-up), but still very significantly CPU Efficient.
The skin supports two players simultaneously. One is default, other is secondary. The one is active is shown on the player.
If both are on, default one is shown.

Test it and review how it feels like. And do it look good?.
Cybertronians_0.8.24.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SparkShredder

Post by SparkShredder »

The skin is almost near perfect. Settings skin is also complete. The New Shape meter is awesome
I'll work on logon sub-skin now.
But, here is it
Cybertronians_0.9.20.11.18.rmskin
Try it and read it, and report any bugs or problems there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SparkShredder wrote: November 20th, 2018, 2:02 pm Try it and read it, and report any bugs or problems there.
For now I don't see any problem. Looks to be working as expected.
SparkShredder

Post by SparkShredder »

Is there a way to show only backward part of string when ClipString=1 is set.
Like I have a string , "This is very long string which is going to be clipped"
and W,H are set accordingly to hold only either 'this is very long' or ' is going to be clipped' at a moment.
So, it'll basically show 'this is very long...' but i want it to be like '...is going to be clipped'.
any help?
thanks in advance
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SparkShredder wrote: November 21st, 2018, 12:41 pm Is there a way to show only backward part of string when ClipString=1 is set.
Like I have a string , "This is very long string which is going to be clipped"
and W,H are set accordingly to hold only either 'this is very long' or ' is going to be clipped' at a moment.
So, it'll basically show 'this is very long...' but i want it to be like '...is going to be clipped'.
Unfortunately I think it's impossible. Same as in English, in most (all?) "European" languages the string are written from left to right so if clipped, the last part of the string is hidden.
Me at least don't see a solution.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

No, this really can't be easily or reliably done.

You could take the string into Lua and "count" the number of characters in the string, then revise it to literally be "...end of string" and return that as a value to use in a String meter, but there are some gotcha's with that. First, you would have to decide ahead of time how many "characters" you want to fit in your meter based on the font / font size and the desired width. This is incredibly complicated by the fact that most fonts use "variable width" characters, where a W is wider than an I. Second, this will fail miserably if you have multi-byte Unicode characters in your string, as Lua can't properly "count" those.

Rainmeter doesn't know anything about "width" in "characters", and Lua doesn't know anything about "width" in "pixels".
SparkShredder

Post by SparkShredder »

jsmorley wrote: November 21st, 2018, 2:01 pm No, this really can't be easily or reliably done.

You could take the string into Lua and "count" the number of characters in the string, then revise it to literally be "...end of string" and return that as a value to use in a String meter, but there are some gotcha's with that. First, you would have to decide ahead of time how many "characters" you want to fit in your meter based on the font / font size and the desired width. This is incredibly complicated by the fact that most fonts use "variable width" characters, where a W is wider than an I. Second, this will fail miserably if you have multi-byte Unicode characters in your string, as Lua can't properly "count" those.

Rainmeter doesn't know anything about "width" in "characters", and Lua doesn't know anything about "width" in "pixels".
So, if ClipString can be cut out non-fitting parts from left side. Would Devs be able make a new option like ClipDirection to filter out non-fitting part from right side?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SparkShredder wrote: November 22nd, 2018, 12:42 pm So, if ClipString can be cut out non-fitting parts from left side. Would Devs be able make a new option like ClipDirection to filter out non-fitting part from right side?
Theoretically. There are some complicated issues with StringAlign (left/center/right) that would have to be explored. I see you posted in Bugs & Feature suggestions, and that will keep it on the radar, but I wouldn't expect anything until after the first of the year.