It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:55 pm

Sigma Skin - computer can't standby modus

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Sigma Skin - computer can't standby modus

Post by balala »

Aaron wrote:Well, I think when there is no solution then I will simply stop using audio visualizer. I'm glad that we found the skin which make issues.
Probably as you said, there is no solution. I didn't know, but it seems the AudioLevel plugin doesn't let the computer to enter to sleep mode. Maybe someone can confirm?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I wrote a visualizer monitoring skin that will cure this problem and remove all resources drain by any visualizer when your selected media player is not running.

You need to set your media player executable, the Config Name of your visualizer (that is the folder it is located in), and the visualizer skin name, in the [Variables] section of this code. Save it in a new folder in your skin folder. Refresh All in Rainmeter. Now load the skin.

You will not see anything on the screen.
Open your media player, you will still only see your player.
Now play an audio... the Lano Visualizer will load and display.
When you close your media player, the Lano Visualizer will unload after a few seconds.

With this skin running in the background, anytime your media player is active, the associated visualizer will load.
Closing your media player will unload the associated visualizer.

I saved this as: AudioVisualizerMonitor.ini

Code: Select all

[Variables]
PlayerExecutable=winamp.exe
VisualizerConfigName=Lano Visualizer\Visualizer
VisualizerSkinName=Visualizer.ini

[Metadata]
Name=Audio Visualizer Monitor
Author=Eclectic Tech
Information=Monitors your media player process and only activates a specified visualizer config when the player is active. Run this invisible skin all the time and it will load/unload your visualizers without you having to touch anything.
License=CC BY-NC-SA 3
Version=1.2018.04.07

[MeasureProcess]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process
ProcessName=#PlayerExecutable#
; Substitute="-1":"not running","1":"running"
IfCondition=(MeasureProcess<>1)
IfTrueAction=[!DeactivateConfig "#VisualizerConfigName#"]
IfFalseAction=[!ActivateConfig "#VisualizerConfigName#" "#VisualizerSkinName#"]

[MeterDummy]
Meter=String
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:I wrote a visualizer monitoring skin that will cure this problem and remove all resources drain by any visualizer when your selected media player is not running.

You need to set your media player executable, the Config Name of your visualizer (that is the folder it is located in), and the visualizer skin name, in the [Variables] section of this code. Save it in a new folder in your skin folder. Refresh All in Rainmeter. Now load the skin.

You will not see anything on the screen.
Open your media player, you will still only see your player.
Now play an audio... the Lano Visualizer will load and display.
When you close your media player, the Lano Visualizer will unload after a few seconds.

With this skin running in the background, anytime your media player is active, the associated visualizer will load.
Closing your media player will unload the associated visualizer.

I saved this as: AudioVisualizerMonitor.ini
Good idea eclectic-tech, however the question still remains: it seems that the AudioLevel plugin avoid the computer to enter to sleep mode.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote:Good idea eclectic-tech, however the question still remains: it seems that the AudioLevel plugin avoid the computer to enter to sleep mode.
With no skin using the AudioLevel plugin, the plugin will not be active.

I believe the system will be able to sleep when the visualizer is unloaded; if not, then I am chasing the wrong problem! :17flag
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:I believe the system will be able to sleep when the visualizer is unloaded;
It definitely is able. I tried manually unloading the skin and it was ok. Best would be to not have this issue related to the AudioLevel plugin, but it exists, so probably yes, you skin is the solution.