It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:00 pm

Unfold with Tranparent BG

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mjobair

Re: Unfold with Tranparent BG

Post by mjobair »

guys how do you add a icon i wanted to get a custom icon can anyone help me out tnx
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mjobair wrote:how do you add a icon i wanted to get a custom icon
Creating an Image meter. For example:

Code: Select all

[MeterIcon]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#MyIcon.png
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
X=0
Y=0
W=50
H=50
LeftMouseUpAction=["d:\MyFile.txt"]
Note the followings:
  • Use the appropriate file name of the image you'd like to have as icon, in the ImageName option. Probably the best idea is to have that image file into the @Resources folder of the current config, but this isn't absolutely necessary.
  • You can freely change the size of the image meter, through the W and H options. Adding a PreservAspectRatio=1 option, you can make sure that the image isn't distorted.
  • In the LeftMouseUpAction option you can set what the icon should do. In the above example, the icon will open the d:\MyFile.txt file.
AsterionContinental

Post by AsterionContinental »

Im sorry before, i dont know where to go, its my first time using rainmeter, can you help me sir, the spotify, discord, steam, and word doesnt work when i click on it, but for some reasons, power point, excel, chrome is doing its job nicely, any suggestion?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

AsterionContinental wrote:Im sorry before, i dont know where to go, its my first time using rainmeter, can you help me sir, the spotify, discord, steam, and word doesnt work when i click on it, but for some reasons, power point, excel, chrome is doing its job nicely, any suggestion?
Post the code of the used skin, please.
AsterionContinental

balala wrote:Post the code of the used skin, please.
by the code do you mean, the code in the note for each icon?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

AsterionContinental wrote:by the code do you mean, the code in the note for each icon?
Do you have a separate skin for each of those icons (Spotify, Word, Excel and so on)? Or all icons are into one single skin?
AsterionContinental

balala wrote:Do you have a separate skin for each of those icons (Spotify, Word, Excel and so on)? Or all icons are into one single skin?
im using the icon just like your post, unFold transparancy, nothing else.
i notice something here, in my excel, the code is : LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" "ImageAlpha" "255"][!Update]["excel.exe"]
but my word is : LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" "ImageAlpha" "255"][!Update]["C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\WINWORD.EXE"]
my spotify : LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" "ImageAlpha" "255"][!Update]["C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe"]

havent check them all, but maybe this is the reason?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Let's see if I understood what's going on. Does the following LeftMouseUpAction work?
AsterionContinental wrote:LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" "ImageAlpha" "255"][!Update]["excel.exe"]
But the that which should have to open Word, doesn't:
AsterionContinental wrote:LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" "ImageAlpha" "255"][!Update]["C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\WINWORD.EXE"]
Am I right?
AsterionContinental

balala wrote:Let's see if I understood what's going on. Does the following LeftMouseUpAction work?

But the that which should have to open Word, doesn't:

Am I right?
yesss, for my word, ppt, and excel are in the same folder, but my word isnt working, *my word is working perfectly fine, and so does the spotify, steam, and discord, i have no idea what happen
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

AsterionContinental wrote:yesss, for my word, ppt, and excel are in the same folder, but my word isnt working, *my word is working perfectly fine, and so does the spotify, steam, and discord, i have no idea what happen
Try to replace the path of the Winword.exe file with the simple filename.
Just as a side note, I probably wouldn't update the whole skin, just the meter itself. So, I also replaced the [!Update] bang with an !UpdateMeter and a !Redraw: LeftMouseUpAction=["WINWORD.EXE"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# "ImageAlpha" "255"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw].
Does this work?