It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:51 am

AstroCalendar, MultiCalendar and WorldClock

Clocks and timer skins
llyus

Re: AstroCalendar, MultiCalendar and WorldClock

Post by llyus »

Hi, would you be able to help me with how to modify the spacing between the lines of text on the WorldClock? I can increase the size of the box easily enough but when I increase the font to match it overlaps the text.

If this has already been asked I apologize. Thanks so much in advance if you see this!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

llyus wrote: January 9th, 2024, 7:01 pm Hi, would you be able to help me with how to modify the spacing between the lines of text on the WorldClock? I can increase the size of the box easily enough but when I increase the font to match it overlaps the text.
For first let's try to work only with the WorldClockH1.ini skin. If you find my solution good enough, and you need, we can work with the other skins as well. So in WorldClockH1.ini do the followings:
  • Add an Offset variable to the [Variables] section of the WorldClockH1.ini file. This variable will control the distance between each two consecutive rows. For instance add this variable: Offset=10.
  • You have to go one by one to each of the following included files: WorldClock\includes\WorldClockH1\clockX.inc. In this case X varies between 0 and 9 and can be 99 as well - there are 11 such .inc files. In all of these files you have to alter the Y options of the following meters:

Code: Select all

[meterTimezoneClockX]
    Y=(20+#Offset#)

[meterDateClockX]
    Y=(20+#Offset#)

[meterBehindAheadClockX]
    Y=(34+2*#Offset#)

[meterYesterdayTomorrowClockX]
    Y=(34+2*#Offset#)
    Note that:
    • X in this case has the same values as X in the names of the files.
    • There are 11 .inc files and in each file there are 4 meters to be altered.
    • I added just #Offset# to the Y options of the [meterTimezoneClockX] and [meterDateClockX] meters, but 2*#Offset# to [meterBehindAheadClockX] and [meterYesterdayTomorrowClockX] meters.
  • Finally modify the SkinHeight option of the in the [Rainmeter] section of the WorldClockH1.ini file to SkinHeight=(52+2*#Offset#).
When you did all these, you can increase the values of the FontSize options of the String meters.
Does this work properly? If it does, do you want to do such updates on the other skins as well?
buckb

Post by buckb »

llyus wrote: January 9th, 2024, 7:01 pm Hi, would you be able to help me with how to modify the spacing between the lines of text on the WorldClock? I can increase the size of the box easily enough but when I increase the font to match it overlaps the text.

If this has already been asked I apologize. Thanks so much in advance if you see this!
As you have discovered, the WorldClock skin variants do not automatically adjust their layouts based on font size (or any other characteristic). Changing the font size will likely require altering the placement of the various string and image meters, and perhaps the size of the skin background. Directly changing the hard-coded numbers in the X/Y/W/H formulas should be straightforward. Balala's approach is a step toward generalizing such changes, and is a reasonable solution.

balala wrote: January 9th, 2024, 8:20 pm You have to go one by one to each of the following included files: WorldClock\includes\WorldClockH1\clockX.inc.
Each WorldClock variant has individual clock includes named clock0.inc thru clock9.inc. Since making the same change to all ten includes is tedious, I have provided a means to automate the process. Instead of editing the includes individually, edit the "master" include file clock99.inc, then use gen.cmd to generate the ten includes. See readme.txt in the includes directories.

Thanks for helping, balala.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

buckb wrote: January 9th, 2024, 11:02 pm Each WorldClock variant has individual clock includes named clock0.inc thru clock9.inc. Since making the same change to all ten includes is tedious, I have provided a means to automate the process. Instead of editing the includes individually, edit the "master" include file clock99.inc, then use gen.cmd to generate the ten includes. See readme.txt in the includes directories.
Good point. Thanks for these information. Obviously the author of any skin is the best able to help. Your reply proves this.
buckb wrote: January 9th, 2024, 11:02 pm Thanks for helping, balala.
I'm glad to help, even if in some cases (like this one for instance) my help is not the best.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

buckb wrote: January 9th, 2024, 11:02 pm As you have discovered, the WorldClock skin variants do not automatically adjust their layouts based on font size (or any other characteristic). Changing the font size will likely require altering the placement of the various string and image meters, and perhaps the size of the skin background. Directly changing the hard-coded numbers in the X/Y/W/H formulas should be straightforward. Balala's approach is a step toward generalizing such changes, and is a reasonable solution.

Each WorldClock variant has individual clock includes named clock0.inc thru clock9.inc. Since making the same change to all ten includes is tedious, I have provided a means to automate the process. Instead of editing the includes individually, edit the "master" include file clock99.inc, then use gen.cmd to generate the ten includes. See readme.txt in the includes directories.

Thanks for helping, balala.
Following buckb's tip to add scaling, here is a version of his WorldClock~Scaled.
WorldClock~Scaled_1.19.rmskin
Click image to show scaling action...
worldclock~scaling.gif
Scroll the mouse wheel up/down to change the size (1x~3x).
Click the scroll wheel to reset the scale to 1x.
Context Menu item was added to open 'ClockSettings.inc' to manually change the scale and other options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buckb

Post by buckb »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 10th, 2024, 9:50 pm Following buckb's tip to add scaling, here is a version of his WorldClock~Scaled.
Excellent enhancement, eclectic-tech!
I've updated the first post to include a link to your version.
:thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

buckb wrote: January 11th, 2024, 2:58 am Excellent enhancement, eclectic-tech!
I've updated the first post to include a link to your version.
:thumbup:
You did all the "heavy lifting" in creating these clocks, so I was happy to assist in making them scalable.

BTW, I love all your skin creations! :great:
Sarah he

Post by Sarah he »

Hi, I have updated to the latest version, but I want to change the city on the interface. After the update, I have no idea how to change to the city I want. Can someone provide me with the operation instructions? I want to display the time of Sweden, Canada, Poland, India, and Mexico simultaneously, thanks!
buckb

Post by buckb »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 11th, 2024, 3:38 am BTW, I love all your skin creations! :great:
Thanks, eclectic-tech. :D
buckb

Post by buckb »

Sarah he wrote: January 11th, 2024, 10:01 am Hi, I have updated to the latest version, but I want to change the city on the interface. After the update, I have no idea how to change to the city I want. Can someone provide me with the operation instructions? I want to display the time of Sweden, Canada, Poland, India, and Mexico simultaneously, thanks!
Hi Sarah,

Unlike many of the skins posted on the forums, my skins do not have nice configuration interfaces. Instead, my skins are more DIY, and you must directly edit the .ini, .inc, or other configuration files.

Here is an excerpt from the readme.txt included with WorldClock:
Edit "ClockSettings.inc" to configure the number of clocks and their locations. Create location files as necessary for each of the desired clock locations. Use an existing location file as a template when creating new location files. Clock settings are shared by all eight variants.
In your case, you will want to create location files for the cities of interest in Sweden, Canada, Poland, India, and Mexico. Then, edit ClockSettings.inc to reference these new location files. Unless you want to keep the "LocalAuto" or "UTC" clocks included in the example, you'll want to change those clock types to "LocalManual" and associate them with location files.

In addition to the included readme.txt, ClockSettings.inc has a number of comments that provide further configuration details. And don't forget to grab eclectic-tech's version of WorldClock with the scaling features.