It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:42 am

AstroCalendar, MultiCalendar and WorldClock

Clocks and timer skins
Sarah he

Re: AstroCalendar, MultiCalendar and WorldClock

Post by Sarah he »

Hi, buckb

Thanks for your clarification and great patience, I changed to the location I interested successfully, thank you very much for your answer again, it's help me a lot.

I really like your design, perfect and excellent, especially with the latest designs, different styles are available to choose from, and the time information on the display interface is also richer, thanks for your good work!

By the way, I usually need to manual adjust the time zone when the location switch between summer time and winter time, Can the new version automatically adjust the time difference?
buckb

Post by buckb »

Sarah he wrote: January 12th, 2024, 1:50 am By the way, I usually need to manual adjust the time zone when the location switch between summer time and winter time, Can the new version automatically adjust the time difference?
I am glad you have things working to your satisfaction. WorldClock will automatically track the changes between Standard Time and Daylight Saving Time, provided your location files have the time zone rules set correctly. For example, here is the location file London.txt:
optionLocationName=London
optionLocationNameLong=London, England
optionLatitude=51.507222
optionLongitude=-0.1275
optionStandardZone=GMT
optionStandardOffset=+0000
optionDSTZone=BST
optionDSTOffset=+0100
optionDSTStart=Month=3 Day={LastSunday} Hour=0100
optionDSTEnd=Month=10 Day={LastSunday} Hour=0200
The lines "optionStandardZone" and "optionStandardOffset" define the zone name and offset from UTC used during Standard Time, while "optionDSTZone" and "optionDSTOffset" define the zone name and offset used during Daylight Saving Time. "optionDSTStart" and "optionDSTEnd" define when DST begins and ends, including the Hour when the change should occur.

If the location does not observe DST (stays on Standard Time year round), then the four DST options should be left blank. For example, here is SaoPaulo.txt:
optionLocationName=Sao Paulo
optionLocationNameLong=Sao Paulo, Brazil
optionLatitude=-23.55
optionLongitude=-46.633333
optionStandardZone=BRT
optionStandardOffset=-0300
optionDSTZone=
optionDSTOffset=
optionDSTStart=
optionDSTEnd=

I hope this answers your question.
buckb

Post by buckb »

First post updated with latest versions of AstroCalendar, MultiCalendar, and WorldClock.
  • changed AstroCalendar and MultiCalendar to require the use of a location file
  • added scaling to AstroCalendar and MultiCalendar
  • added scaling to WorldClock (thanks eclectic-tech)
  • added optional graphical "today" indicator to AstroCalendar and MultiCalendar
  • changed how Variants are selected in AstroCalendar
  • changed how MultiCalendar is activated
  • Lua code reorganized for easier maintenance
  • performance improvements
See readme.txt for details.