It is currently April 24th, 2024, 4:35 am

Confused, help please.

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Zeta Crossfire

Re: Confused, help please.

Post by Zeta Crossfire »

SO i got rain meter working for about 3 hours until my antivirus software flagged it as hazardous. I tried to delete it but then I got spammed by error messages saying rainmeter is missing files or something like that. Now I can't delete it off my computer and it keeps crashing wtf? Is there any way a virus can could of gotten into the Rainmeter download? It keeps saying rainmeter in the error messages and every time my computer shuts down, my antivirus software barley has enough time to run before my PC restarts. If its not that I apologize, will update as soon as I figure it out...

Those 3 hours where kind of nice, I do like rainmeter...

*update* so I finally got it removed and the virus is gone.... This happen to anyone else?
Digi

Post by Digi »

Zeta Crossfire wrote:SO i got rain meter working for about 3 hours until my antivirus software flagged it as hazardous. I tried to delete it but then I got spammed by error messages saying rainmeter is missing files or something like that. Now I can't delete it off my computer and it keeps crashing wtf? Is there any way a virus can could of gotten into the Rainmeter download? It keeps saying rainmeter in the error messages and every time my computer shuts down, my antivirus software barley has enough time to run before my PC restarts. If its not that I apologize, will update as soon as I figure it out...
Those 3 hours where kind of nice, I do like rainmeter...
i am going to take a wild guess and say u r using nod 32 anti virus, it's a false positive, there is no virus or spyware on rainmeter, just add an exception in your anti virus for rainmeter installation folder and the skin folder ( i belive)

if it keep crashing, try reinstall it and if you want to remove it uninstall thro control panel...

hope this help
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=85][center][b]H.E.R.O[/b][/center][/url]
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1525][center][b]V.I.S.O.R[/b][/center][/url]
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/index.php][center][b]Rainmeter Help[/b][/center][/url]
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Digi wrote: i am going to take a wild guess and say u r using nod 32 anti virus, it's a false positive, there is no virus or spyware on rainmeter, just add an exception in your anti virus for rainmeter installation folder and the skin folder ( i belive)

if it keep crashing, try reinstall it and if you want to remove it uninstall thro control panel...

hope this help
It is true that it is a false positive in his antivirus, and that the solution is to create an exception for the entire Program Files\Rainmeter folder. Your guess about ESET NOD32 may or may not be correct though. If you want to look like the Mighty Karnak like I do from time to time, the trick is that ESET has a very specific behavior when it is screwing with Rainmeter. Rainmeter loads, but then just hangs, no skins load, and nothing happens when you right click the tray icon. It is frozen. This is ESET getting into some kind of endless loop "scanning" Rainmeter in memory. This can be fixed by setting an exception for the Rainmeter program and appdata folders in ESET. What he is getting is just a "hit" on the program from his antivirus. To be honest as far as I know ALL of the more common ones are currently ok wtih Rainmeter, so no matter which one he is using, a manual "update" to the virus definitions may fix it. If not, then as you say creating an "exception" for Rainmeter will work.