It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:57 pm

Rainmeter is crashing! What do I do?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Infartin

Re: Rainmeter is crashing! What do I do?

Post by Infartin »

balala wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 9:35 pm Sorry, I missed that video. Anyway some details would be great, so me at least am waiting them.
Good afternoon, as I wrote, I was able to freely install the application on 2 working PCs, skins, etc. (the operating system is the same as at home, but there are laptops and here is a PC)

But at home, unfortunately, I can’t install it at all for a long time, and after I gave access to the C drive to myself, I installed it, but the problem did not go away, I still get the application open for a split second and then it crashes and as a memory) it remains only in tray until I point it at it and it also disappears(
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Infartin wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 3:05 pm But at home, unfortunately, I can’t install it at all for a long time, and after I gave access to the C drive to myself, I installed it, but the problem did not go away, I still get the application open for a split second and then it crashes and as a memory) it remains only in tray until I point it at it and it also disappears(
For me it's still not clear enough what is going on, so let's clarify a few things for first. This is what I understood: you did succeed in installing Rainmeter on your home computer. Did it start before you installed skins? I'm asking this because when you install Rainmeter a few skins belonging to the illustro package are activated. These skins for sure are perfectly safe and can be used, they shouldn't crash Rainmeter. So what I believe is that you got the crashing issue only after installed some other skins. But why did you have to "gave access to the C drive"?
If I'm right, try starting Rainmeter in safe mode. For this, when it is closed, start it by clicking the Rainmeter icon while you hold down the Ctrl key. You'll be asked if you want to start Rainmeter in safe mode. Obviously start it this way. Does it start with the default illustro skins?
Infartin

Post by Infartin »

balala wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 3:24 pm For me it's still not clear enough what is going on, so let's clarify a few things for first. This is what I understood: you did succeed in installing Rainmeter on your home computer. Did it start before you installed skins? I'm asking this because when you install Rainmeter a few skins belonging to the illustro package are activated. These skins for sure are perfectly safe and can be used, they shouldn't crash Rainmeter. So what I believe is that you got the crashing issue only after installed some other skins. But why did you have to "gave access to the C drive"?
If I'm right, try starting Rainmeter in safe mode. For this, when it is closed, start it by clicking the Rainmeter icon while you hold down the Ctrl key. You'll be asked if you want to start Rainmeter in safe mode. Obviously start it this way. Does it start with the default illustro skins?
Initially, I installed it using a standard installation, but unfortunately there was an error in the third part, there was an assumption that due to access with drive C, although there were no problems before, all programs were installed on C as standard. Therefore, I had to dig deeper into the rights.

I tried to open it using Safe Launch, everything is the same, for less than a second the window prompting to launch the program appears and disappears, if I manage to click yes, then the application is open for a split second and closes again
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Infartin wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 6:14 pm Initially, I installed it using a standard installation, but unfortunately there was an error in the third part, there was an assumption that due to access with drive C, although there were no problems before, all programs were installed on C as standard. Therefore, I had to dig deeper into the rights.

I tried to open it using Safe Launch, everything is the same, for less than a second the window prompting to launch the program appears and disappears, if I manage to click yes, then the application is open for a split second and closes again
Unfortunately no more ideas from my part at this point. Maybe Yincognito or someone else has better ideas, but I'm lost now.
Sorry...
Infartin

Post by Infartin »

balala wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 6:49 pm Unfortunately no more ideas from my part at this point. Maybe Yincognito or someone else has better ideas, but I'm lost now.
Sorry...
Everything is fine, thanks for the tips)

Obviously a problem on my part. I'll be updating the hardware soon, but I'll beat the new system anyway)

Thanks for the help in any case)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Infartin wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 8:22 pm Obviously a problem on my part. I'll be updating the hardware soon, but I'll beat the new system anyway)
Alright, let us know if the updated fixed the issue, please.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 6:49 pmMaybe Yincognito or someone else has better ideas [...]
Yeah, I pretty much exhausted mine as well, I already said just about everything I could have said in this case, given the circumstances. As a last resort, just to see if by any chance it works, maybe starting Windows itself in Safe Mode / Safe Boot could provide some insight on whether it's some other program loaded at Windows startup that is the cause of this (yeah, I know, Win 10 made this more complicated than it should have been, don't know how it's in Win 11). I can't recall if Rainmeter actually works when in Windows' Safe Mode though, given the very basic drivers loaded in such a case, but if it generally does, then it wouldn't hurt to try it - at least until a fresh / clean Windows or hardware installation is performed.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Infartin wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 8:22 pm Obviously a problem on my part.
Did you try a clean uninstall of Rainmeter? If you didn't, just give it a try, maybe could help. Not sure it does, but maybe...