It is currently May 24th, 2024, 3:40 am

Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
User avatar
balala
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 16260
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 6:27 pm
Location: Gheorgheni, Romania

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by balala »

TangyLemon wrote:I did what you stated and the two .ini files did load. However when I loaded Fountain of Colors.ini nothing appeared. The only thing that changed was when I dragged the windows around, it was really laggy.
It seems there are a few problems with the code of the Fountain of Colors. I don't know when they was introduced, if I remember well a while ago the skin worked well, but now it indeed doesn't. I used once this skin, but later I removed it. I think then it worked, however...
So, the problems:
  • Remove the DefaultUpdateDivider=-1 option of the [Rainmeter] section of the @Resources\FountainOfColors.inc file. This option prevents the measures and meters of the skin to be updated, although on most sections of the skin an UpdateDivider=1 option is added.
  • Update=0 in the same [Rainmeter] section of the same @Resources\FountainOfColors.inc file? Come on, it's impossible. The lowest value of this Update option is 16 (second paragraph here). Replace it.
  • But after all these, the child AudioLevel plugin measures are still not working. I finished up, reducing the value of the Bands option. ForBands=10 the measures are working well. I can't say exactly what is the problem with the original value, because I have no enough experience working with AudioLevel plugin. Here probably eclectic-tech could help, who slowly - slowly became an expert of the AudioLevel plugin, I think, having a lot of visualizer skins written.
  • There still is a great problem: the Bar meters aren't visible, because they have no proper options set. I'd add a style section, then an option to each Bar meter, to set them to use the set up style. So, add the following section to the beginning of the @Resources\FountainOfColors.inc file:

    Code: Select all

    [BarStyle]
    X=2R
    Y=0
    W=10
    H=250
    BarColor=187,102,238
    BarOrientation=Vertical
    Obviously you can use here any valid options, this is just an example.
    Finally add to each Bar meter of the @Resources\Bands.inc file ([MeterBar1], [MeterBar2] and so on) a MeterStyle=BarStyle option.
This solution still doesn't entirely solve the problem, because reducing the value of the Bands option (of the parent AudioLevel plugin measure) reduces the number of visible bands, I think. But as I said, I can't do more, at least not for now. Probably eclectic-tech (or someone else) could help you here. But at least if you follow the above steps you'll get the skin (at least) partially working. Did you succeed?
User avatar
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 5417
Joined: April 12th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Location: Cedar Point, Ohio, USA

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by eclectic-tech »

TangyLemon wrote:I have looked at Tip #8 just like you stated and I followed the instructions followed there. However nothing has changed.
Are you still seeing the "Failed to initialize audio client" in the Log? If so, then no visualizer will work, until you find out what has exclusive control of the audio feed.
TangyLemon wrote:But I am not sure how to check the read/write privileges on the folders. I did find a read-only check box by right-clicking the Rainmeter folder and going to properties and it is already checked. Is there another read/write privilege or have I already found it.
No, the Read-Only should NOT be checked... you have to be able to write to those folders; unchecked means you should be able to read and write.
TangyLemon wrote:Also if the original Fountain of Colors file is corrupt then that means my version of FoC is not usable and I will have to use another visualizer?
Because this skin creates it own meters, based on user settings, when it is started, I would hesitate to drastically change it in the way balala suggests; unless you disable all the scripts in the file, any changes you make to the @Resources\Bands.inc will be overwritten when the skin is refreshed.

I would suggest trying some simple visualizers and see if they work. Try ones that do not involve creating meter dynamically; DO NOT try Frost, VisBubble, MonsterCat, etc. as they all use these scripts... You can try any of my visualizers: https://eclectic-tech.deviantart.com/gallery/60119798/Audio-Visualizers to see if they work on your PC.

Let us know what you are able to get to work, and what is in your Log if visualizers don't work.
User avatar
balala
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 16260
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 6:27 pm
Location: Gheorgheni, Romania

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:Because this skin creates it own meters, based on user settings, when it is started, I would hesitate to drastically change it in the way balala suggests; unless you disable all the scripts in the file, any changes you make to the @Resources\Bands.inc will be overwritten when the skin is refreshed.
You're right. Again! :? I didn't think to this, but definitely you're right. Sorry for my inattention.
TangyLemon
Posts: 9
Joined: January 16th, 2018, 9:55 pm

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by TangyLemon »

balala wrote:This solution still doesn't entirely solve the problem, because reducing the value of the Bands option (of the parent AudioLevel plugin measure) reduces the number of visible bands, I think. But as I said, I can't do more, at least not for now. Probably eclectic-tech (or someone else) could help you here. But at least if you follow the above steps you'll get the skin (at least) partially working. Did you succeed?
Sorry for the late response, however, I did not succeed. I did everything you specified however it's still the same. Thank you for your effort and trying.
User avatar
balala
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 16260
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 6:27 pm
Location: Gheorgheni, Romania

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by balala »

TangyLemon wrote:Sorry for the late response, however, I did not succeed. I did everything you specified however it's still the same. Thank you for your effort and trying.
Have you read eclectic-tech's last reply?
TangyLemon
Posts: 9
Joined: January 16th, 2018, 9:55 pm

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by TangyLemon »

balala wrote:Have you read eclectic-tech's last reply?
Yes I just replied with a response.
User avatar
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 5417
Joined: April 12th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Location: Cedar Point, Ohio, USA

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by eclectic-tech »

TangyLemon wrote:Yes I just replied with a response.
That really doesn't help us, to help you. Can you post what appears in the log now, when you load Fountain of Colours?

[doc]eclectic-tech requested;;;;"... Let us know what you are able to get to work, and what is in your Log if visualizers don't work."[/doc]
TangyLemon
Posts: 9
Joined: January 16th, 2018, 9:55 pm

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by TangyLemon »

eclectic-tech wrote:That really doesn't help us, to help you. Can you post what appears in the log now, when you load Fountain of Colours?

[doc]eclectic-tech requested;;;;"... Let us know what you are able to get to work, and what is in your Log if visualizers don't work."[/doc]
\

Okay here is the log before and after I load Fountain of Colors.ini

DBUG (11:46:32.858) : SpotifyAPI started...
DBUG (11:46:32.868) : Spotify is not running
DBUG (11:46:32.920) : SpotifyAPI started...
DBUG (11:46:32.930) : Spotify is not running
NOTE (11:46:41.588) Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini: Refreshing skin
DBUG (11:46:41.594) : Reading file: C:\Users\Tangy\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
DBUG (11:46:41.601) Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini: Reading file: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini
DBUG (11:46:41.628) Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini: Reading file: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors\@Resources\FountainOfColors.inc
DBUG (11:46:41.638) Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini: Reading file: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors\@Resources\Bands.inc
WARN (11:46:42.102) : Failed to initialize audio client.
DBUG (11:46:42.109) : Releasing dummy stream audio device.
DBUG (11:46:42.130) : Releasing audio device.
WARN (11:46:42.266) : Failed to initialize audio client.
DBUG (11:46:42.273) : Releasing dummy stream audio device.
DBUG (11:46:42.292) : Releasing audio device.
User avatar
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 5417
Joined: April 12th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Location: Cedar Point, Ohio, USA

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by eclectic-tech »

TangyLemon wrote:\

Okay here is the log before and after I load Fountain of Colors.ini

DBUG (11:46:32.858) : SpotifyAPI started...
DBUG (11:46:32.868) : Spotify is not running
DBUG (11:46:32.920) : SpotifyAPI started...
DBUG (11:46:32.930) : Spotify is not running
NOTE (11:46:41.588) Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini: Refreshing skin
DBUG (11:46:41.594) : Reading file: C:\Users\Tangy\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
DBUG (11:46:41.601) Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini: Reading file: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini
DBUG (11:46:41.628) Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini: Reading file: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors\@Resources\FountainOfColors.inc
DBUG (11:46:41.638) Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini: Reading file: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors\@Resources\Bands.inc
WARN (11:46:42.102) : Failed to initialize audio client.
DBUG (11:46:42.109) : Releasing dummy stream audio device.
DBUG (11:46:42.130) : Releasing audio device.
WARN (11:46:42.266) : Failed to initialize audio client.
DBUG (11:46:42.273) : Releasing dummy stream audio device.
DBUG (11:46:42.292) : Releasing audio device.
The line I highlighted in RED tells me you are not able to create an audio stream for the AudioLevel plugin...

This means NO visualizer will work until you find out what program has exclusive audio mode active on your system.

I suggested trying a simple visualizer to try to help find your issue, but, with the log report, I doubt any visualizer will work. If they worked a while ago, then something has changed on your PC and is preventing the plugin from creating an audio stream. Until you disable exclusive mode, no visualizer will work.

Have you found any visualizer that works?
arty_fish
Posts: 14
Joined: June 7th, 2016, 7:04 am

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by arty_fish »

Have you tried re-installing rainmeter - in-case there's a problem with the Audio Level plugin itself?

Came across this:

https://github.com/MarcoPixel/Monstercat-Visualizer/issues/18