It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:11 am

skins not showing up

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jckinncik

Re: skins not showing up

Post by jckinncik »

cantarellaa wrote:Hi!
So I installed Rainmeter on my new laptop and everything was fine for a couple of weeks but then skins weren't showing up anymore. They are installed and I can see that they are loaded but they are not on the screen. I've tried to reinstall Rainmeter but it's not helping. Even the basic Illustro skin did not show up. Please help.

Same here I think illustro is the one Im missing
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jckinncik and cantarellaa,
I'm still confused. If the skins of illusto are still working, but others aren't, there is something weird.
Both of you should check the path of the Skins folder. Right click Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, click Edit Settings and check the SkinPath variable, within the [Rainmeter] section of the opening Rainmeter.ini file. Is that path the real path of the folder?
jckinncik

Post by jckinncik »

Just the illustro skins have stopped working for me. Im not sure what you mean, but here is what it says about illustro in the file

[illustro\Welcome]
Active=0
WindowX=0
WindowY=0
ClickThrough=0
Draggable=1
SnapEdges=1
KeepOnScreen=1
AlwaysOnTop=0
[illustro\System]
Active=0
WindowX=0
WindowY=0
ClickThrough=0
Draggable=1
SnapEdges=1
KeepOnScreen=1
AlwaysOnTop=0
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jckinncik wrote:Just the illustro skins have stopped working for me. Im not sure what you mean, but here is what it says about illustro in the file
Maybe I've misunderstood you? I thought the skins of illusto are working, others aren't.
But from the above posted code, no skin of the illustro\Welcome or illustro\System config aren't loaded. This is the meaning of the Active=0 option. If any skin of those configs would be loaded, the value of the Active option should be greater then 0.
jckinncik

Post by jckinncik »

Yeah, Im not sure why they wont load anymore and they have gone missing.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jckinncik wrote:Yeah, Im not sure why they wont load anymore and they have gone missing.
Are the working skins placed into subfolders of the same Skins folder?
cantarellaa

Post by cantarellaa »

balala wrote:Maybe have you set the skin to transparent?
To see if I'm right, you should have to know where the skin was placed on the screen. If you do know this, right click where it should be, go to Settings -> Transparency. If the skin indeed was set to transparent, you'll see there checked the ~100% setting. Click the 0%.
If on the other hand you don't know where the skin was placed, open Rainmeter.ini, rewrite both the WindowX and WindowY options of the appropriate section to 0, then restart Rainmeter. Now the skin is in the upper left corner of your screen. Follow the above procedure, to set it to non transparent.
If this helped, please let me know. If it doesn't we'll see what else can we do.
Unfortunately, the transparency was already set to 0. I tried changing it to something and back but nothing has happened.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

cantarellaa wrote:Unfortunately, the transparency was already set to 0. I tried changing it to something and back but nothing has happened.
As I wrote above, you should check the path of the Skins folder.
Right click Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, click Edit Settings and check the SkinPath variable, within the [Rainmeter] section of the opening Rainmeter.ini file. Is that path the good one?
cantarellaa

Post by cantarellaa »

balala wrote:As I wrote above, you should check the path of the Skins folder.
Right click Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, click Edit Settings and check the SkinPath variable, within the [Rainmeter] section of the opening Rainmeter.ini file. Is that path the good one?
The path is good. For me the illustro skin is showing up but only the contour, not the information that should be displayed.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

cantarellaa wrote:The path is good. For me the illustro skin is showing up but only the contour, not the information that should be displayed.
What you mean by "contour"?