It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:37 pm

Making line meter less acute & more like a horizontal mountain range

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Re: Making line meter less acute & more like a horizontal mountain range

Post by Mor3bane »

flat.jpg
That is what is happening after the meter runs - ok - for a while.... downloading at .5mbs

Edit:
Untitlednotsoflat.jpg
Well, this is more like what .5mbs looks like - so perhaps the average bandwidth "seems" flat but it is simply a relative measure.
after-refreah.jpg
but this is after a refresh of the skin...
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Try to apply an AutoScale=1 option to both line meters ([MeterGraph] and [MeterGraph2]). Does this help?
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Well, I have been trying to read up on TransformationMatrix.

I am having trouble picking out from the Tips&Tricks what moshi did with his/her skin.

What I have managed to find relevant:

Code: Select all

[MeterGraph2]
Meter=Line
MeasureName=MeasureNetOut
X=0
Y=0
W=21
H=80
LineCount=1
LineColor=104,100,252,255
SolidColor=0,0,0,0
AntiAlias=1
AutoScale=1
TransformationMatrix=4; 0; 0; 1; 14; 13 
TransformationMatrix=4; 0; 0; 1; 14; 13 = a; b; c; d; tx; ty correct? So a = x * 4 and d = y * 1 (or double??) but the tx and ty are lost on me.

Any way this could be explained - for this particular Matrix, please? I am just trying to duplicate the effect but in different dimensions moshi achieved in that little skin coded out above.

By the way AutoScale=1 seems to have done the trick as far as I have seen in the past 10 minutes whilst writing this section. Actually it is flash-hot looking good. So now I am just working out how to size a line meter using moshi's example.

My brain on Transformations: :17group
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Epiphany!

Change the code so:

Code: Select all

[MeterGraph]
Meter=Line
MeasureName=MeasureNetIn
X=0
Y=0
W=61
H=80
LineCount=1
LineColor=140,252,124,255
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
AntiAlias=1
AutoScale=1
TransformationMatrix=4; 0; 0; 1; 14; 12
Gets my desired result - it dawned on me I only was worried about the x value of the meter so my desired x size is approximately 240 pixels - still tweaking it for my exact needs but yep - I think I am happy now.

Thanks balala very much for your time, and of course if you have any further suggestions, please let me know. :thumbup:
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote:My brain on Transformations: :17group
I posted before, the meaning of the elements of the TransformationMatrix. You don't have to do anything with the second and third value (leave them as 0), what you actually did, I see. The first and fourth value are the scaling of the meter, across the horizontal, respectively the vertical axis. This means that in your example, due to the first value (4), the meter is set four times wider then normally (without applying the TransformationMatrix). The fourth value is 1, so the meter won't be scaled vertically (here 1 is the default value, not 0!). The last two values (14 and 13) pushes the meter 14 pixels to right and 13 pixels downside.
If the meter is positioned to X=0 and Y=0, applying any scale doesn't require to move the meter, so the last two values can be 0. Any other position (X and/or Y greater then 0) requires to use non-zero values for these numbers, because when the TransformationMatrix is applied, beside scaling the meter, its position in the skin is also increased, so many times, as the appropriate scaling. So, for example if your meter would be positioned to X=10, and the TransformationMatrix=4;0;0;1;0;0 - I replaced here the last two values with 0) would be applied, the meter would be seen as it would be positioned to X=40 (4*10 = the appropriate element of the TransformationMatrix * position of the meter, without applying the TranasformationMatrix).
Probably the involved math is not too easy for someone who doesn't get used with it. But neither very hard isn't. The Transformation Matrix Guide is very well built, it has a lot of information, but you have to study it deeply to understand it well.
I don't know if I succeeded to explain all these info, because my English is quite limited (sorry), but I hope I did. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote:I posted before, the meaning of the elements of the TransformationMatrix. You don't have to do anything with the second and third value (leave them as 0), what you actually did, I see. The first and fourth value are the scaling of the meter, across the horizontal, respectively the vertical axis. This means that in your example, due to the first value (4), the meter is set four times wider then normally (without applying the TransformationMatrix). The fourth value is 1, so the meter won't be scaled vertically (here 1 is the default value, not 0!). The last two values (14 and 13) pushes the meter 14 pixels to right and 13 pixels downside.
If the meter is positioned to X=0 and Y=0, applying any scale doesn't require to move the meter, so the last two values can be 0. Any other position (X and/or Y greater then 0) requires to use non-zero values for these numbers, because when the TransformationMatrix is applied, beside scaling the meter, its position in the skin is also increased, so many times, as the appropriate scaling. So, for example if your meter would be positioned to X=10, and the TransformationMatrix=4;0;0;1;0;0 - I replaced here the last two values with 0) would be applied, the meter would be seen as it would be positioned to X=40 (4*10 = the appropriate element of the TransformationMatrix * position of the meter, without applying the TranasformationMatrix).
Probably the involved math is not too easy for someone who doesn't get used with it. But neither very hard isn't. The Transformation Matrix Guide is very well built, it has a lot of information, but you have to study it deeply to understand it well.
I don't know if I succeeded to explain all these info, because my English is quite limited (sorry), but I hope I did. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Perfect explanation balala - Thanks very much - I feel much better informed on TranasformationMatrix now.
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote:Perfect explanation balala - Thanks very much - I feel much better informed on TranasformationMatrix now.
I'm glad is you think so.
Please try the described things and if you have further questions, fell free to ask. Me (or someone else) will try to help you.