It is currently October 13th, 2019, 11:55 pm

WebNowPlaying plugin. Supports sites like Youtube and Soundcloud

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Kaz28100

Re: WebNowPlaying plugin. Supports sites like Youtube and Soundcloud

Kaz28100 » January 28th, 2019, 1:02 am

Yes it look like it's the case. I downloaded the source code of the Web Extension from "Github" and i removed everything (only keep Spotify) and now this only working for Spotify, like i wished. I'm trying to figure out if i can add a option to enable or disable some Website.
kyriakos876

kyriakos876 » January 28th, 2019, 10:59 am

Kaz28100 wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 1:02 am
Yes it look like it's the case. I downloaded the source code of the Web Extension from "Github" and i removed everything (only keep Spotify) and now this only working for Spotify, like i wished. I'm trying to figure out if i can add a option to enable or disable some Website.
can't you right click on the chrome extension and click options, then white-list / un-white-list the websites? Unless you want something more user-friendly, in which case I can't help much... You could see how the "whitelisting" code works tho at the "Options.js" and call it with some other way but I guess you would have to edit the rainmeter plugin as well if you wish to pass control over at Rainmeter.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

eclectic-tech » May 4th, 2019, 3:46 am

Starting in Firefox version 57, only extensions built using WebExtensions APIs will work. Not sure if your add-ons are affected? See Firefox add-on technology is modernizing and these Frequently Asked Questions for details.

WebNowPlaying is one of those... can you investigate getting this plugin "signed" for use in Firefox?

Link: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Distribution

Thanks!
kyriakos876

kyriakos876 » August 30th, 2019, 10:43 am

Hello, I keep getting the following error while running a skin that uses the plugin

"Web Side Error:Error updating artist for Youtube"
error.png
Could someone tell me how to prevent the error from showing? Something like "ignore error" on the Plugin's measure?

-Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CyberTheWorm

CyberTheWorm » August 30th, 2019, 3:15 pm

don't see that error myself
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
dudebaker

dudebaker » September 14th, 2019, 8:22 am

I'm having the same issue, it happens with my skin and the given skin-example in the opening post.
First I thought it relates to a language issue but since this happens in a English Win10 VM too it has to be something else.

A short look into the plugin-code shows that it uses the API.Log function so I don't think we can do something on the skin-side to disable these log-entries since they even show up if you do not request the artist-metadata with a measure.
Jeff

Jeff » September 18th, 2019, 11:34 pm

After totally not stalking tj, a push has been sent to the browser extensions to fix the Youtube problem :P
dvo

dvo » September 23rd, 2019, 4:25 pm

i still not see that kind of error's it's working normal .... win10 latest update - firefox 69.01 64bit :Whistle

i didn't update any ....... :jawdrop
Last edited by dvo on September 23rd, 2019, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dudebaker

dudebaker » September 23rd, 2019, 5:38 pm

As Jeff already mentioned, tjhrulz has updated the browser extension and that fixed the issue :)
https://github.com/tjhrulz/WebNowPlaying-BrowserExtension/commit/e8ddb23e8cc8f3887a4cca7ec86ab26df06211a5