It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 3:11 am

Thousands to K

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Thousands to K

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:One way to display the string as an auto-scaled number, would be to add a Calc measure for each Webparser measure that returns a string "number". Then use that measure in your string meter.

Code: Select all

[Measure_Memes_Views]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MemesKingViews]
StringIndex=1

[Measure_Memes_Views_Number]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Measure_Memes_Views

[Meter_Views3]
Meter=String
MeasureName=Measure_Memes_Views_Number
X=186
Y=90
FontColor=255,255,255,205
FontSize=8
FontFace=Trebuchet MS
StringAlign=Center
AntiAlias=1
StringStyle=Bold
AutoScale=2

Sorry for the late reply, yesterday I just came home from my second holiday of this summer...
In my opinion, this is the best approach, much better then using the "manual" scaling, with the Text=[Measure_Memes_Views:/1000,1] option, on the string meter. This because the AutoScale approach works well if the value of the [Measure_Memes_Views] measure is between 1,000 and 1,000,000, but otherwise it again won't be the best. But an AutoScale option will solve this question, so it worth introducing a Calc measure.

Again, this is just my personal opinion, but this is what I think.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote:Sorry for the late reply, yesterday I just came home from my second holiday of this summer...
In my opinion, this is the best approach, much better then using the "manual" scaling, with the Text=[Measure_Memes_Views:/1000,1] option, on the string meter. This because the AutoScale approach works well if the value of the [Measure_Memes_Views] measure is between 1,000 and 1,000,000, but otherwise it again won't be the best. But an AutoScale option will solve this question, so it worth introducing a Calc measure.

Again, this is just my personal opinion, but this is what I think.
I agree balala!

Adding a Calc measure for each parsed string allows auto-scaling for any number returned...

I meant to say the SectionVariable approach was easier to implement, but not necessarily the best approach. :)

Hope you had a great holiday!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:I meant to say the SectionVariable approach was easier to implement, but not necessarily the best approach. :)
Absolutely.
eclectic-tech wrote:Hope you had a great holiday!
Thanks, I had. Hope you had the same.