It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:22 pm

"Kernel Security Check Failure" Crash Shutdown

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
MiCephia

"Kernel Security Check Failure" Crash Shutdown

Post by MiCephia »

Had no problem installing skins first few days, now I get an error and restart on installing a skin and if I try to create a skin package it says successful but immediately bluescreens to an error with QR code, Error reads "Windows has encountered a problem and needs to shut down 'Kernel Security Check Failure' error". It does a disk check to 100% then reboots.

Anyone else run into this?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: "Kernel Security Check Failure" Crash Shutdown

Post by jsmorley »

Never seen such a thing.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

MiCephia

Post by MiCephia »

most of the time is it a overclock problem ...
when i tweak my processor to high it will give that

OK. Between the 2 suggestions, it was easy to figure. I recently changed my pagefile system amounts, but that was ok, then I remembered upgrading drivers recently too. So after rolling back couple of drivers and running sfc /scannow it got fixed. Thank You so much. You guys are very knowledgeable, even better than some pc forums!

So new question if you'll oblige. I ran into this problem probably because I was screwing with some registry files and windows files trying to get rid of this "Yeadektopbr.com" homepage hijacker. Every time I delete it, fix the internet shortcut and delete registry key, it still shows up. I cannot find the source to delete. It is the same as that "Searching.com" homepage hijacker as well if any one has seen that. HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THIS PERMANENTLY?

It is not an add-on or toolbar that you can uninstall. It doesn't show in the settings menu under homepage. It shows my google.ca that I put in but still directs to hijacked page when I open browser.
limitless

Post by limitless »

MiCephia wrote:OK. Between the 2 suggestions, it was easy to figure. I recently changed my pagefile system amounts, but that was ok, then I remembered upgrading drivers recently too. So after rolling back couple of drivers and running sfc /scannow it got fixed. Thank You so much. You guys are very knowledgeable, even better than some pc forums!

So new question if you'll oblige. I ran into this problem probably because I was screwing with some registry files and windows files trying to get rid of this "Yeadektopbr.com" homepage hijacker. Every time I delete it, fix the internet shortcut and delete registry key, it still shows up. I cannot find the source to delete. It is the same as that "Searching.com" homepage hijacker as well if any one has seen that. HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THIS PERMANENTLY?

It is not an add-on or toolbar that you can uninstall. It doesn't show in the settings menu under homepage. It shows my google.ca that I put in but still directs to hijacked page when I open browser.
Run this.
once done with that one, Run this one.
if neither of those fix the issue, Run this. (in safe mode preferably)
mm1122

Post by mm1122 »

yes, you can easily fix this error if you are wondering how can you this so don"t worry
... techcliffe.com/how-to-fix-kernel-security-check-failure-in-windows ...
Link is no longer an active site...
Last edited by eclectic-tech on February 16th, 2020, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to an inactive site.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

riverbill wrote: February 16th, 2020, 12:43 am Thanks for the source but the ref link you have provide can't be reached and the error I got "This site can’t be reached" with the

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is it from my side?

P.S: while looking for the solution to the "Kernel Security Check Failure" came up to this site with the other issue.
That site "techcliffe.com" is no longer functioning. You are not the problem ...
Thanks for posting, the inactive link was removed from the above post. :thumbup: