It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 11:43 am

ForceX System Monitor v3.0.6(Feb-20-2013)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
ForceX

Re: ForceX System Monitor v2.0 (Aug-14-2010)

Post by ForceX »

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy moving. I have just two more profile groups to update ( 6 and 7 hdd ) which is actually about 6 profiles. I'm also correcting an over site. In some profiles HDD 6 may have had the hdd status color orange disabled. This would result in the hdd status bar not rendering while the drive capacity is with in the range of orange. This will also be corrected in the next release.

Nilsb7
To make the skin transparent:
Edit the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc file and change color 10 and color 9 to read 0,0,0,0 (red, green, blue, opacity)

Just be ware that the current color settings for the rest of the skin may not look correct on a colorful background due to the opacity of the color. Everything has only been tested on a black background. If you find you have problems you will need to change the colors in the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc file.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ForceX wrote:Sorry for the delay. I've been busy moving. I have just two more profile groups to update ( 6 and 7 hdd ) which is actually about 6 profiles. I'm also correcting an over site. In some profiles HDD 6 may have had the hdd status color orange disabled. This would result in the hdd status bar not rendering while the drive capacity is with in the range of orange. This will also be corrected in the next release.

Nilsb7
To make the skin transparent:
Edit the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc file and change color 10 and color 9 to read 0,0,0,0 (red, green, blue, opacity)

Just be ware that the current color settings for the rest of the skin may not look correct on a colorful background due to the opacity of the color. Everything has only been tested on a black background. If you find you have problems you will need to change the colors in the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc file.
Be careful of an alpha of "0", as that setting not only makes something in Rainmeter "invisible", but "not there" in effect. If you want to have something not show, but still respond to mouse clicks, etc. then use 0,0,0,1 instead of 0,0,0,0.

Just as an example, this skin will cause the text "Meter1" to flash as you hold your mouse over it, not disappear when you hover and reappear when you move the mouse off, while "Meter2" will behave normally. This is because when [Meter1] is set with an alpha of "0", it is no longer seen by the mouse and in effect automatically gets the "MouseOffAction" which makes it visible again and you get into an endless loop.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=500

[Variables]
Color1=255,255,255,255
Color2=255,255,255,255

[Meter1]
Meter=String
FontSize=15
FontColor=#Color1#
X=0
Y=0
DynamicVariables=1
Text=Meter1
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterSetVariable Color1 255,255,255,0]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterSetVariable Color1 255,255,255,255]

[Meter2]
Meter=String
FontSize=15
FontColor=#Color2#
X=0
Y=R
DynamicVariables=1
Text=Meter2
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterSetVariable Color2 255,255,255,1]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterSetVariable Color2 255,255,255,255]
Nilsb7

Post by Nilsb7 »

Seahorse wrote:Pretty sure its the [System_Monitor_Body] section in the line that goes SolidColor=#color10#
entry in the relevant .ini (in my case 4 Core/3HDD folder, obviously yours might be one of the others...
I already knew that.
thanks anyway

I figured it out so here's the code to help others
;Title Bar Outline
color9=50, 50, 50, 80

;Message Body
color10=0, 0, 0, 80

you have to change these both, I only changed the Body variable and got confused cause it didn't work.
If you want to you can make the bar seetrough to by changing this:
;Dark Grey
color2=20, 20, 20, 80

btw. does anybody know how to make other programs seethrough? maybe by regediting?
Last edited by Nilsb7 on October 27th, 2010, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Well, you could use a little AutoIt app like this (that I just made...)
MakeTrans.zip

Code: Select all

#NoTrayIcon
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

If $CmdLine[0] <> 2 Then Exit
$WindowName = $CmdLIne[1]
$AlphaAmount = $CmdLine[2]

WinSetTrans($WindowName, "", $AlphaAmount)

Exit
Then use it in Rainmeter like:

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#\MakeTrans\MakeTrans.exe" "Notepad" "170"]
Where "170" is the alpha amount.

RightMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#\MakeTrans\MakeTrans.exe" "Notepad" "255"]
To restore it.

Doesn't have to be based on a mouse action of course. Anything that can fire an !Execute is fine.

P.S. This change is not permanent. If you exit and restart the application you are controlling, it will get back its normal alpha.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
goroshi

Post by goroshi »

overclocking : i have a intel processor with stock speed of 2.93 ghz. my rig is overclocked to 3.6 ghz. the skin shows the stock speed not the overclocked speed. any solution available to display the actual real time speed of cpu as opposed to the stock clock speed? thanx in advance.
ForceX

Post by ForceX »

Sorry. The pump that cools my pc formed a leak last week. I just got a new one installed today.
goroshi wrote:overclocking : i have a intel processor with stock speed of 2.93 ghz. my rig is overclocked to 3.6 ghz. the skin shows the stock speed not the overclocked speed. any solution available to display the actual real time speed of cpu as opposed to the stock clock speed? thanx in advance.
It still shows the stock speed on the second line " Clock Speed: xxxx MHz " don't read the first line because thats the cpu's ID name. I don't have mine OC atm so let me know.
goroshi

Post by goroshi »

Yes sir, it sure does . on the second line it shows the stock clock speed. thank you for your help
Nilsb7

Post by Nilsb7 »

Hey ForceX are you still updating this? I'm waiting :p
Nilsb7

Post by Nilsb7 »

desperate bump?
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

ForceX wrote:Sorry. The pump that cools my pc formed a leak last week. I just got a new one installed today.
Spooky, I thought my pump gave out a week ago, turned out the radiator was blocked. Sadly, while investigating this I discovered that the water pipe had gone brittle. Of course this involved coolant pissing all over the insides of the PC including the graphics card and motherboard while I do the little Dutch boy impersonation screaming for kitchen roll. Much dabbing & drying (with the mains disconnected of course) followed by 10 minutes with a hair-drying pointed at the insides of the case, I do a test power up and it seems alive.

Once it was all clean and dry I realised the new pump is not required, but a new radiator. The only good point was you can now buy sealed units, so I gutted the lot (Thermaltake stock kit comes with the case) and popped a Corsair H70 in (yes, the hoses are about an inch or 2 shorter than required, though my case is on the huge side) and now the machine is both quieter and cooler, so a bit of a silver lining I guess, but also a reminder why I like something that monitors temperatures which is what first alerted me to the problem as the CPU was running at 51 centigrade at idle before it went pop - 32 degrees after the replacement went in, so even cooler than before by some 9 degrees.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt