It is currently May 20th, 2024, 9:48 pm

Rainmeter plugins

General topics related to Rainmeter.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Rainmeter plugins

Post by dragonmage »

Wait, you copied and pasted that? Those ; should not be there, that comments out those lines so that Rainmeter ignores them. Remove those and see what you get.
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

i was remove them, the copy paste is after i put them back, because they were not showing anything
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
vitasimplex

Post by vitasimplex »

I am not a coder by trade, far from it, but you indicate that volunteer coders are wanted. Say someone were interested in getting into coding, where would we begin? I think there is a lot of interest from a specific sub-group of rainmeter users that would want to learn this, my self included. Are you guys willing to give a tutorial on how to write code for plug-ins? That is a more in-depth look at rainmeter compared to the skinning that most people enjoy.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

As for learning th ecode language, I believe that it is C++, and there are any number of tutorials and websites that will offere free education regarding the language.

the Rainmeter change log can be monitored and has a wealth of information, it is not justa description but the coding as well.
Check here:
http://code.google.com/p/rainmeter/source/list

The code is open source and was readily available at one time, I am not immediately finding it.
And to boot, if you do make a code, there is a way to submit it for review to the dev guys.

I hope I have not detoured you in any way, and I am excited to find someone who admits that they do not know, but is willing to learn, and know that you may become one of the Rainmeter Dev group :D
burnwell88

Post by burnwell88 »

dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Those are the same ones linked to in the post that started this thread.
Pakal

Post by Pakal »

For maminscris,
when you use perfmon plugin, you can use the "typeperf /?" command under cmd box.

It will show you the perfmon counters usable by the perfmon.dll plugin.
You can also use the perfmon.exe gui to monitor counters and show what values it returns.

I use the perfmon counters to monitor Windows servers in supervision software (Zabbix).
You can monitor system counters and applications counters (ex : SQL Server, IIS, TSE session, etc...)

Be aware that the os language could be a problem to spell some right counter names to monitor, for me french and english, and only english name are available (returns value) but the counter name was in french.

I've tried to use wmi or vbs scripts, but I can't make a measure readable with the value returned by that kind of script.
iUnify

Post by iUnify »

Were you talking about the 3rd plug-in being the bottom-most? That is the process' and how much memory or CPU (however you choose to set it) are using.

Am I talking about the wrong thing? :shock: :? :roll:

So, I made this post about getting a page on rainmeter.net with all of the Plug-ins, add-ons, 3rd party extras and everything else RM has to offer all in one place.

Like the first poster was saying there are not many plug-ins and whatnot and but the fact is there are more than people realize.

More things can be used in conjunction with RM than most people know about because they are posted in so many different places. That is why it makes sense to have everything in one place, right on the RM website- with links to the other places you can find RM related stuff.

I was saying it would be very beneficial to b both experienced users (like those of this forum) as well as (and especially) newcomer-- which the site should essentially be geared towards because the new comer is the most impotent person on the website- for many obvious reasons.

Hope you guys like the thought and ring in on your thoughts! If you don't mind, I'd appreciate seeing what everyone thinks- post over here...

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1286

Hope to hear from you!
birdbird21

Post by birdbird21 »

Hey, I need Perfmon.dll for one of my skins to run properly. Does anyone know where I can get this as the new Rainmeter 1.1 does not come with it.

Thanks in advance
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

birdbird21 wrote:Hey, I need Perfmon.dll for one of my skins to run properly. Does anyone know where I can get this as the new Rainmeter 1.1 does not come with it.

Thanks in advance
Uhm... Yes, it does.

I'm better your antivirus blocked it's install. Turn off your antivirus and reinstall 1.1