Weather Skin Not Working

Post by Wnz500 »

Hi, so I'm kinda new to rainmeter and can't get my weather skin to work

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=lilshizzy@gmail.com
AppVersion=1001000
Update=1000
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter TempActive][!RainmeterHideMeter Temp][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter TempActive][!RainmeterShowMeter Temp][!RainmeterRedraw]
@include=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Fonts.inc

[Metadata]
Name=SM MoxaWeather Round Blue
Config=
Description=Shows your current and forecast weather conditions. Change the units from metric to Fahrenheit using the variable "Unit".
Instructions=Default weather is set to Los Angeles, to get your Weather Code visit (weather.yahoo.com) type in your Zip, click the RSS button, your code will be in the address bar.
Version=
Tags=Thanks to the authors of both Token & Enigma for inspiring and providing code for this project.
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Credits=This skin has been adapted from the original MoxaWeather by moxamax. This skin has been further modified by Lilshizzy, Thanks to those who previously worked on this.

[Variables]
@include=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Default.inc

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MEASURES

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=1800
Url=http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?w=22664159&u=c
RegExp=(?siU)<link.*>(.*)</link>.*city=\"(.*)\".*sunrise=\"(.*)\".*sunset=\"(.*)\".*<image>.*<url>(.*)</url>.*<title>.*:.*m .*(.*)</title>.*lat>(.*)<.*long>(.*)<.*yweather:condition.*text=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*temp=\"(.*)\".*yweather:forecast.*day=\"(.*)\".*high=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*yweather:forecast.*day=\"(.*)\".*high=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*
StringIndex=1

;--------------------------------
; CURRENT

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=9

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=11

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; METERS

[Background]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Images\Round120-B1.png
;SolidColor=0,0,0,100
;W=120
;H=120
X=0
Y=0

[Temp]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
Meter=STRING
X=61
Y=12
FontColor=#Color3#
StringStyle=Normal
FontSize=50
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=#LocalFontFace#
AntiAlias=1

[Temp2]
Meter=STRING
X=50r
Y=10r
FontSize=12
FontColor=#Color1#
StringStyle=Bold
StringAlign=RIGHT
FontFace=#LocalFontFace#
AntiAlias=1
Postfix="°"

[Desc]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherDesc
Meter=STRING
X=-50r
Y=60r
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=#Height3#
StringAlign=Center
StringStyle=Bold
FontFace=#Font#
AntiAlias=1

[TempActive]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=Temp
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
FontColor=#ColorActive2#
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [[MeasureWeatherRSS]]
Hidden=1
I'm using the Simple Media skin. Tried getting it to work but couldn't.
Can anyone help?
CyberTheWorm

Re: Weather Skin Not Working

Post by CyberTheWorm »

I think Yahoo weather is not working. Might want to try a different weather skin.
w.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Wnz500 wrote:
[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
UpdateRate=1800
Url=http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?w=22664159&u=c
RegExp=(?siU)<link.*>(.*)</link>.*city=\"(.*)\".*sunrise=\"(.*)\".*sunset=\"(.*)\".*<image>.*<url>(.*)</url>.*<title>.*:.*m .*(.*)</title>.*lat>(.*)<.*long>(.*)<.*yweather:condition.*text=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*temp=\"(.*)\".*yweather:forecast.*day=\"(.*)\".*high=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*yweather:forecast.*day=\"(.*)\".*high=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*
StringIndex=1
Try this instead:

Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#&dayf=3&locale

and replace #Location# With your location's code and #Unit# with either "m" for Celsius or "f" for fahrenheit
(You may find your location's code at https://weather.codes)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kyriakos876 wrote:Try this instead:

Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#&dayf=3&locale

and replace #Location# With your location's code and #Unit# with either "m" for Celsius or "f" for fahrenheit
Actually that's not enough, because if you change the URL, the RegExp also should be changed. So, with the URL indicated by kyriakos876, try the following RegExp option:

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
UpdateRate=1800
RegExp=(?siU)<weather ver="(.*)">.*<dnam>(.*)</dnam>.*<lat>(.*)</lat>.*<lon>(.*)</lon>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<zone>(.*)</zone>.*<tmp>(.*)</tmp>.*<flik>(.*)</flik>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<moon>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*</moon>.*t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>
StringIndex=1
Also you should use other StringIndex options, on the child WebParser measures:

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=10

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=8
Note that I also replaced the Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll options with the shorter Plugin=WebParser, which is completely enough. The longer form was used with many years ago, but now it isn't needed any more.

Also note that kyriakos876 is wrong about the values used for Unit. They should be indeed m for Celsius (meaning metric), but for Fahrenheit should be used not f (as many users think), but i (meaning imperial). The only reason why with f, the skin is still working and returns the temperatures in Fahrenheit is that for any not valid value (other than m or i), the default value is used, which is i.
Wnz500

Post by Wnz500 »

Yup It worked thanks everyone
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Wnz500 wrote:Yup It worked thanks everyone
You're welcome, if we could help.
yash1331

Post by yash1331 »

kyriakos876 wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 3:46 pm Try this instead:

This service is deprecated as of 01/15/2020
J.A.R.V.I.S. + S.H.I.E.L.D. OS - Yash1331
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

FLX08

Post by FLX08 »

balala wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 5:59 pm Actually that's not enough, because if you change the URL, the RegExp also should be changed. So, with the URL indicated by kyriakos876, try the following RegExp option:

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
UpdateRate=1800
RegExp=(?siU)<weather ver="(.*)">.*<dnam>(.*)</dnam>.*<lat>(.*)</lat>.*<lon>(.*)</lon>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<zone>(.*)</zone>.*<tmp>(.*)</tmp>.*<flik>(.*)</flik>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<moon>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*</moon>.*t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">.*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>
StringIndex=1
Also you should use other StringIndex options, on the child WebParser measures:

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=10

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=8
Note that I also replaced the Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll options with the shorter Plugin=WebParser, which is completely enough. The longer form was used with many years ago, but now it isn't needed any more.

Also note that kyriakos876 is wrong about the values used for Unit. They should be indeed m for Celsius (meaning metric), but for Fahrenheit should be used not f (as many users think), but i (meaning imperial). The only reason why with f, the skin is still working and returns the temperatures in Fahrenheit is that for any not valid value (other than m or i), the default value is used, which is i.

Hello, I know that this discussion has been a few months ago, but i tried what you said, and this doesn`t worked (I use the Simple Clean Skin). So I need help.
bye!

P.s.: sorry for my english, i`m from germany
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

FLX08 wrote: May 24th, 2021, 10:01 pm Hello, I know that this discussion has been a few months ago, but i tried what you said, and this doesn`t worked (I use the Simple Clean Skin). So I need help.
bye!

P.s.: sorry for my english, i`m from germany
Simple Clean by HipHopium uses the old WXData which was removed by TWC in January 2020.
The original author no longer supports these skins, but they can be modified to work with the information in the links posted by balala above.
Your only other option is to find a similar weather skin; look here for updated weather skins. Then search the net for recently created weather skins that may work.