It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:32 am

possible colaboration?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
plaid

possible colaboration?

Post by plaid »

Many of you guys know of the article that features Rainmeter over at Encyclopedia Dramatica.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Rainmeter

The article, while funny at times, is not accurate and can leave a lot to be desired when it comes to describing the program and its many useful meters/skins to a hardcore Rainmeter user. The whole thing just falls short.

Now, there is a chance for this community here to set the record straight. A new wiki called WhatPort:80 is opening and an article is needed that will explain the Rainmeter phenomena. Who better to turn to for help than the folks at the center of the Rainmeter culture? You guys!

WhatPort:80 is a safe for work/school environment, and I feel more comfortable having something written about Rainmeter and its fans there as the content is strictly monitored to be totally "clean." In the future, it is my hope that Google searches for "rainmeter encyclopedia" will no longer have links to the ED page at all, but rather this site and the WhatPort:80 article...so my question to you all is this: Do you think you guys would be interested in going to WP, signing up, and then editing together the definitive Rainmeter article that would help explain the whole online phenomena that is Rainmeter?

Please note, this article would not be a "help file" of any sort, it is more along the lines of a historical document explaining the Rainmeter community and the program itself. There is plenty of space for images and for text, so that shouldn't be anybody's concern. also, the sysops there are very friendly and incredibly helpful.
sgtevmckay

Re: possible colaboration?

Post by sgtevmckay »

Toss me a link please
And I will be more than happy to give them a look see and possibly work up a project to do this there, and we can always use a write up for wikipedia as well.
yorgash

Post by yorgash »

Well the main problem - excluding the thing about it not being accurate - lies in that most people who are just getting started to use Rainmeter may NOT be that much of internet-nerds, and may not know how ED works, and will actually think that they're abusing Rainmeter. And if the first impression of the program is bad, they may just forget about it...

I'm rooting that this project succeds, while I may probably not be able to contribute :/
plaid

Post by plaid »

here is the main page:

http://whatport80.com/Main_Page