It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:57 pm

Volume

General topics related to Rainmeter.
nasasempai

Volume

Post by nasasempai »

Dear Rainmeter Community,
There seems to be talk about a Volume Plugin in the works. However, I believe getting the Masture Volume value can be done without a Plugin. I found a Registry Key that corresponds to the Master Volume. I think that the path to the Key is a little different for everybody, but I found it with RegSnap, a 30-trial software that can take snapshots of the registry and than compare them to find Registry Keys that have changed. Registry Keys can be explored but should NOT be changed with Run>>regedit. So, I was trying to read the Registry Key with the Registry Measure. However, my String Meter attached to this Registry Measure only displays zero, all the time. Perhaps I am using the Registry Measure incorrectly. Have any of you got a Registry Measure to work successfully and can you post your code please?
For the people trying to develop the Volume Plugin, I noticed that Rocket Dock has a Volume Docklet. The core of this Docklet is a DLL file, like the Rainmeter Plugins. Maybe the Volume Plugin can be reversed engineered from this Docklet. Although, I don't know what a DLL file is, and that this information may be useless. The Url to the Volume Docklet for Rocket Dock is: http://rocketdock.com/addon/docklets/8373
I look forward to your ideas!