It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:30 pm

Need help developing a skin

General topics related to Rainmeter.
SoldierofCatan

Need help developing a skin

Post by SoldierofCatan »

I don't know about you but I am terrible at remembering important things like birthdays and such. I can set reminders on my phone but here's the problem. I see the reminder when I am busy and then forget to call and give birthday wishes later when I have free time.

So, I was thinking. I want to develop a reminder skin for birthdays (or any event that you need to remember). I'm always staring at my computer so this would make it virtually impossible for me to forget things.

Ideally I want the skin to sit on the desktop and be invisible. Then when the date is someone's birthday the alpha channel will become visible and thus you have a reminder on the desktop. Then when it is no longer the persons birthday the alpha channel of the reminder will return to its invisible state.

It would need to be easily modifiable. I would need a standard text for "Today is xxxx's Birthday". Then I would like to be able to modify the .ini file and enter people's birthdays. Then when the date is a birthday it will satisfy the action and display the text.

I could even set this up to show little graphical holiday greetings, which could be a cool feature

Seems simple enough. The problem is that I am very new to Rainmeter and have not yet had time to grapple with the coding language. I am good with actionscript programming but Rainmeter is an entirely new animal. I think I could figure this out with a bit of help.
Artwork is never finished...it is simply abandoned-Da Vinci
www.mattclair.com
scoop6274

Re: Need help developing a skin

Post by scoop6274 »

Sounds like an awesome idea. I could use one too! However, I would have no idea how to code it, or even how to provide help coding it. Let me know if anything comes of this.
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

I was thinking of trying to make something like this,

I have an idea of how to do it but i want to come up with a way to edit it more easily

I was thinking of using Autoit or something similar to create an event input dialog.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

Code: Select all

[Background]
Meter=Image
X=0
Y=0
W=200
H=70