It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:14 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
y0himba

Re: ModernGadgets 1.8.0

Post by y0himba »

Fixed!
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.8.1

Post by raiguard »

This is what happens when you don't test GPU Meter...

Code: Select all

v1.8.1 - 2021-9-25
  Bugfixes:
    - Fixed several broken readouts in GPU Meter
The RMSKIN packaging automation is already coming in handy!

On another note, perhaps removing the automated update checks was a bad move:

”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

raiguard wrote: September 25th, 2021, 11:02 pm On another note, perhaps removing the automated update checks was a bad move:

LMAO :rolmfao:
from the Realm of Death
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

I have a custom water loop in my rig with a water temp sensor. Is there a basic chart, like what is in a lot of the meters in Modern Gadgets that I can assign to a sensor? I have the one that can list raw readings that somebody linked me before, but I would like to log temps over time for the water just like other temps. I have no clue how to make these things, so I am sorta hoping some thing may already exist.

The temp sensor is in HWinfo, btw.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

prophet4NO1 wrote: September 26th, 2021, 10:44 pm I have a custom water loop in my rig with a water temp sensor. Is there a basic chart, like what is in a lot of the meters in Modern Gadgets that I can assign to a sensor? I have the one that can list raw readings that somebody linked me before, but I would like to log temps over time for the water just like other temps. I have no clue how to make these things, so I am sorta hoping some thing may already exist.

The temp sensor is in HWinfo, btw.
The gadgets additions suite has a custom HWiNFO gadget where you can display any values that you want. There's a link to that suite in the main post.

I've received several requests over the years to implement something like that in stock ModernGadgets. Now that I'm sort of in the rainmeter mood again, I might do that in the future.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

raiguard wrote: September 27th, 2021, 7:19 am The gadgets additions suite has a custom HWiNFO gadget where you can display any values that you want. There's a link to that suite in the main post.

I've received several requests over the years to implement something like that in stock ModernGadgets. Now that I'm sort of in the rainmeter mood again, I might do that in the future.
Thanks for the response. Like I said, I have the addon thing already. It does read the sensor, I just want a line graph. Hence my previous post. I guess for now I will just stick with the text only version.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

prophet4NO1 wrote: September 28th, 2021, 5:21 am Thanks for the response. Like I said, I have the addon thing already. It does read the sensor, I just want a line graph. Hence my previous post. I guess for now I will just stick with the text only version.
Ah, my apologies, my brain entirely skipped the middle of your post.
brellyn

Post by brellyn »

Is the display of threads as cores a Rainmeter thing, or is it a feature of Modern Gadgets? I'm running an AMD 5900x which is a 12 core/24 thread CPU. Rainmeter with Modern Gadgets shows it as a 24 core CPU. Cores are real hardware, threads are not. I'd rather have the core display be correct and accurate. A "cores only" toggle for the CPU widget would be a great fix.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

brellyn wrote: October 11th, 2021, 9:10 am Is the display of threads as cores a Rainmeter thing, or is it a feature of Modern Gadgets? I'm running an AMD 5900x which is a 12 core/24 thread CPU. Rainmeter with Modern Gadgets shows it as a 24 core CPU. Cores are real hardware, threads are not. I'd rather have the core display be correct and accurate. A "cores only" toggle for the CPU widget would be a great fix.
It's more of a Windows thing. Windows sees "logical cores", not physical cores. To Windows, you have 24 individual CPUs, which is what the skin is showing. If you were to do a "cores only" toggle, you'd be missing half the processing Windows is doing, which wouldn't be correct or accurate.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
brellyn

Post by brellyn »

SilverAzide wrote: October 11th, 2021, 6:06 pm It's more of a Windows thing. Windows sees "logical cores", not physical cores. To Windows, you have 24 individual CPUs, which is what the skin is showing. If you were to do a "cores only" toggle, you'd be missing half the processing Windows is doing, which wouldn't be correct or accurate.
The BIOS sees cores only. Windows sees threads as they are, virtual components of cores.
rainmeter2.jpg
HWINFO running under Windows see's cores and threads separately.
hwinfo1.jpg
Even Rainmeter/MGadgets understands the difference, showing temperatures for the cores, but not the threads, which is the whole purpose of my issue.
rainmeter1.jpg
You can't show a temperature for a thread, because a thread is not hardware and does not have an associated temperature.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the gadget is confusing for someone who is a true computer nerd afflicted with a bit of ADHD. :welcome: The gadget should read "threads" if it's going to show 24 entries and forgo showing temperatures for 1/2 of the threads, or it should retain the correct term "cores" and only show actual real cores and their temperatures. To satisfy both camps, a toggle would be a great compromise. Anything else just doesn't make logical sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.