It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:42 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ModernGadgets 1.7.0

Post by SilverAzide »

HappyRain wrote: May 27th, 2021, 5:58 am Hi

I new to Rainmeter and this is the first time I've used it. I love your skins but I can't get the calendar module to scale? I'm using a 4K 43" TV as my monitor and I'm using the native resolution (3840x2160) and 200% scaling in Windows 10. I've had to use the compatibility trick on several programs including Rainmeter that I guess are not DPI aware to fix the terrible jagged text and other issues. Overriding the Windows scaling fixes the terribly pixelated skins but leaves them tiny, I was able to add scale=2 to all the modules I'm using and make them the proper size but I can't seem to scale the calendar module? I've tried entering the code in about a dozen different location and it either does nothing or completely breaks the module.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and I'm missing something but I've spent hours on this and I can't figure it out and it only took me about 15 minutes to figure out the compatibility trick a successfully scale the other modules.

Also I think I found a bug. I scaled the settings modules and that was how I learned how to scale the main module since the settings already have the scale code in the .ini file but if you scale the settings modules it breaks them and none of the settings work so I have to leave them tiny on my 4K screen.

Any help would be appreciated since I've already started to customize them a bit but I'm stuck with a tiny calendar module.
If you have been manually modifying the skins to scale them, that is not the way you want to do it. There is a setting that does everything for you. Right click any skin and select the Global Settings option. Set the scale to 2.0 there. (I'd recommend removing any changes you've made.)

The Settings skins do not scale. They are not something that are used often, so the extra work needed to make them scale is not worth it.
Screenshot 2021-05-27 075352.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
HappyRain

Post by HappyRain »

SilverAzide wrote: May 27th, 2021, 11:59 am If you have been manually modifying the skins to scale them, that is not the way you want to do it. There is a setting that does everything for you. Right click any skin and select the Global Settings option. Set the scale to 2.0 there. (I'd recommend removing any changes you've made.)

The Settings skins do not scale. They are not something that are used often, so the extra work needed to make them scale is not worth it.

Screenshot 2021-05-27 075352.png
Thanks. I removed the changes I made to the codes but I can't change that value in the global setting, I tried 2 and 2.0 and every time I click anywhere else it just reverts back to the original value? I edited the .ini Global setting and I got everything to scale but it's frustrating that I can't change ANY of the text in the settings modules and I think that's why I edited the .ini files before. I have another counter skin and it's the same thing, all the check boxes, sliders and drop down menus work but when I try to change any of the text in the setting it just reverts back to the original text which makes a lot of features unusable.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

HappyRain wrote: May 27th, 2021, 2:13 pm Thanks... I tried 2 and 2.0 and every time I click anywhere else it just reverts back to the original value?
Maybe this is why: You have to press the "Enter" key to set the value typed into any user input.
HappyRain

Post by HappyRain »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 27th, 2021, 4:07 pm Maybe this is why: You have to press the "Enter" key to set the value typed into any user input.
Thank you so much!!

:17good

I can't believe I missed that, I feel pretty stupid. :handtohead: At least now I can input the network adapter I'm using and use the Network Meter module and actually change stuff in the counter skin I'm using!!

:D

Thanks again, you're a life saver!!

:thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Glad to help. Sometimes the simplest of things can trip up any of us :welcome:
mborghi

Post by mborghi »

Hi
I would like add a chassis fan meter to the cpu meter, just like the cpu fan meter. I modified a few files duplicating the cpu fan meter code but with a different HWinfo sensor info. I checked it works by changing the cpu sensor data to the chassis fan data and the rpm is correctly displayed.
But when used with the new meter i've added it doesn't. The meter IS displayed but with 0 value for rpm and percentage.

Thsi is what I did:

1. Added this in CpuSettings.ini & Defaults/CpuSetting.ini

Code: Select all

; CHASSIS Fan [HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSISFan]
HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSISFan-SensorId=0xf7067980
HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSISFan-SensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSISFan-EntryId=0x3000002
2. Added this to CpuMeter.ini

; Chassis fan
[MeasureChassisFanSpeed]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO
HWiNFOSensorId=#HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSISFan-SensorId#
HWiNFOSensorInstance=#HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSIS-SensorInstance#
HWiNFOEntryId=#HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSIS-EntryId#
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue
Group=ChassisFan | ProgramSwitching | HWiNFO
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=(#showCpuFan# = 0) || (#extProgram# <> 1)

[MeasureChassisFanPercentCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureChassisFanSpeed / [#[#maxChassisFanMode]MaxChassisFan]) * 100
IfCondition=(MeasureChassisFanSpeed > #autoMaxChassisFan#)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable autoMaxChassisFan [MeasureChassisFanSpeed:]][!WriteKeyValue Variables autoMaxChassisFan [MeasureChassisFanSpeed:] "#dynamicVarsPath#"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureChassisFanPercentCalc][!UpdateMeterGroup AltChassisFanPercent][!Redraw]
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=((#showCpuFan# < 2) && (#showCpuFanGraph# = 0)) || (#extProgram# <> 1)

[MeterAltChassisFanLabel]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleString
Y=(((#showCpuFan# < 2) || ((#extProgram# <> 1) && (#extProgram# <> 4) && (#extProgram# <> 6))) ? -#barTextOffset# : #rowSpacing#)R
Text=CHA Fan:
Group=ChassisFan
Hidden=(#showCpuFan# < 2) || ((#extProgram# <> 1) && (#extProgram# <> 4) && (#extProgram# <> 6))
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterAltChassisFanSpeed]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleString | StyleStringInfo
MeasureName=MeasureChassisFanSpeed
;MeasureName2=MeasureChassisFanSpeedSpeedFan
Text=%1 RPM
Group=ChassisFan | ChassisFanValue
Hidden=(#showCpuFan# < 2) || ((#extProgram# <> 1) && (#extProgram# <> 4) && (#extProgram# <> 6))
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterAltChassisFanPercent]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleString | StyleStringRightAlign
MeasureName=MeasureChassisFanPercentCalc
Text=%1%
Group=ChassisFan | AltChassisFanPercent
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterAltChassisFanBar]
Meter=Bar
MeterStyle=StyleBar
BarColor=#colorCpuFan#
3. Modified these lines to include the ChassisFan group as it is for CpuFan

; No program (0)
IfCondition=(MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 0) && (#extProgram# <> 0)
IfTrueAction=[!Log "No program running"][!SetVariable extProgram 0][!WriteKeyValue Variables extProgram 0 "#dynamicVarsPath#"][!DisableMeasureGroup ProgramSwitching][!EnableMeasureGroup NoProgram][!UpdateMeasureGroup NoProgram][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuTemp][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuFan][!UpdateMeterGroup ChassisFan][!SetOption MeterCpuClockValue Text "%1 MHz"][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuClock][!UpdateMeterGroup LineGraph][!UpdateMeterGroup Background][!Redraw]
; HWiNFO only (1)
IfCondition2=((MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 1) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 3) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 5) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 7)) && (#extProgram# <> 1)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetVariable extProgram 1][!WriteKeyValue Variables extProgram 1 "#dynamicVarsPath#"][!DisableMeasureGroup ProgramSwitching][!EnableMeasureGroup HWiNFO][!SetVariable cpuCoreConfigGroup "Hwinfo"][!EnableMeasure MeasureConfigCoreTemps][!CommandMeasure MeasureConfigCoreTemps "Reset"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureConfigCoreTemps][!EnableMeasure MeasureConfigCoreVoltages][!CommandMeasure MeasureConfigCoreVoltages "Reset"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureConfigCoreVoltages][!SetOptionGroup CoreTemps Text "%1#*deg*##*tempUnits*#"][!UpdateMeterGroup CoreTemps][!SetOptionGroup CpuFanValue Text "%1 RPM"][!SetOptionGroup AltCpuFanPercent MeasureName "MeasureCpuFanPercentCalc"][!SetOptionGroup ChassisFanValue Text "%1 RPM"][!SetOptionGroup AltChassisFanPercent MeasureName "MeasureChassisFanPercentCalc"][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuTemp][!UpdateMeasureGroup CpuFan][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuFan][!UpdateMeasureGroup ChassisFan][!UpdateMeterGroup ChassisFan][!SetOptionGroup CpuTemp MeasureName "MeasureCpuTempHwinfoPackage"][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuTemp]
IfCondition3=((MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 1) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 3) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 5) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 7))
IfTrueAction3=[!Log "HWiNFO detected"][!SetOption MeterCpuClockValue Text "%2 MHz"][!UpdateMeter MeterCpuClockValue][!UpdateMeterGroup LineGraph][!UpdateMeterGroup Background][!Redraw]
I am missing something else?

Thanks!
HappyRain

Post by HappyRain »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 28th, 2021, 12:58 pm Glad to help. Sometimes the simplest of things can trip up any of us :welcome:
:thumbup:
Eldorado

Post by Eldorado »

Hi,
I have found a bug in the CPU Usage Window. I use Modern Gadgets 1.7.0 with Windows 10 (2004 64 Bit).
Pagefile.jpg
The correct Presentation should be:
Page: 69.02MB / 1024MB 7% (Shown is 0% Pagefile)
Can You Fix this in the CPU Usage Window?
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mborghi

Post by mborghi »

Already found the issue! I mistyped the sensor name in the measure definition.
mborghi wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:06 pm Hi
I would like add a chassis fan meter to the cpu meter, just like the cpu fan meter. I modified a few files duplicating the cpu fan meter code but with a different HWinfo sensor info. I checked it works by changing the cpu sensor data to the chassis fan data and the rpm is correctly displayed.
But when used with the new meter i've added it doesn't. The meter IS displayed but with 0 value for rpm and percentage.

Thsi is what I did:

1. Added this in CpuSettings.ini & Defaults/CpuSetting.ini

; CHASSIS Fan [HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSISFan]
HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSISFan-SensorId=0xf7067980
HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSISFan-SensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSISFan-EntryId=0x3000002
2. Added this to CpuMeter.ini

; Chassis fan
[MeasureChassisFanSpeed]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO
HWiNFOSensorId=#HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSISFan-SensorId#
HWiNFOSensorInstance=#HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSIS-SensorInstance#
HWiNFOEntryId=#HWiNFO-MOBO-CHASSIS-EntryId#
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=(#showCpuFan# = 0) || (#extProgram# <> 1)

[MeasureChassisFanPercentCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureChassisFanSpeed / [#[#maxChassisFanMode]MaxChassisFan]) * 100
IfCondition=(MeasureChassisFanSpeed > #autoMaxChassisFan#)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable autoMaxChassisFan [MeasureChassisFanSpeed:]][!WriteKeyValue Variables autoMaxChassisFan [MeasureChassisFanSpeed:] "#dynamicVarsPath#"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureChassisFanPercentCalc][!UpdateMeterGroup AltChassisFanPercent][!Redraw]
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=((#showCpuFan# < 2) && (#showCpuFanGraph# = 0)) || (#extProgram# <> 1)

[MeterAltChassisFanLabel]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleString
Y=(((#showCpuFan# < 2) || ((#extProgram# <> 1) && (#extProgram# <> 4) && (#extProgram# <> 6))) ? -#barTextOffset# : #rowSpacing#)R
Text=CHA Fan:
Group=ChassisFan
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterAltChassisFanSpeed]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleString | StyleStringInfo
MeasureName=MeasureChassisFanSpeed
;MeasureName2=MeasureChassisFanSpeedSpeedFan
Text=%1 RPM
Group=ChassisFan | ChassisFanValue
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterAltChassisFanPercent]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleString | StyleStringRightAlign
Text=%1%
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterAltChassisFanBar]
Meter=Bar
MeterStyle=StyleBar
BarColor=#colorCpuFan#
3. Modified these lines to include the ChassisFan group as it is for CpuFan

; No program (0)
IfCondition=(MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 0) && (#extProgram# <> 0)
IfTrueAction=[!Log "No program running"][!SetVariable extProgram 0][!WriteKeyValue Variables extProgram 0 "#dynamicVarsPath#"][!DisableMeasureGroup ProgramSwitching][!EnableMeasureGroup NoProgram][!UpdateMeasureGroup NoProgram][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuTemp][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuFan][!UpdateMeterGroup ChassisFan][!SetOption MeterCpuClockValue Text "%1 MHz"][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuClock][!UpdateMeterGroup LineGraph][!UpdateMeterGroup Background][!Redraw]
; HWiNFO only (1)
IfCondition2=((MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 1) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 3) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 5) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 7)) && (#extProgram# <> 1)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetVariable extProgram 1][!WriteKeyValue Variables extProgram 1 "#dynamicVarsPath#"][!DisableMeasureGroup ProgramSwitching][!EnableMeasureGroup HWiNFO][!SetVariable cpuCoreConfigGroup "Hwinfo"][!EnableMeasure MeasureConfigCoreTemps][!CommandMeasure MeasureConfigCoreTemps "Reset"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureConfigCoreTemps][!EnableMeasure MeasureConfigCoreVoltages][!CommandMeasure MeasureConfigCoreVoltages "Reset"][!UpdateMeasure MeasureConfigCoreVoltages][!SetOptionGroup CoreTemps Text "%1#*deg*##*tempUnits*#"][!UpdateMeterGroup CoreTemps][!SetOptionGroup CpuFanValue Text "%1 RPM"][!SetOptionGroup AltCpuFanPercent MeasureName "MeasureCpuFanPercentCalc"][!SetOptionGroup ChassisFanValue Text "%1 RPM"][!SetOptionGroup AltChassisFanPercent MeasureName "MeasureChassisFanPercentCalc"][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuTemp][!UpdateMeasureGroup CpuFan][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuFan][!UpdateMeasureGroup ChassisFan][!UpdateMeterGroup ChassisFan][!SetOptionGroup CpuTemp MeasureName "MeasureCpuTempHwinfoPackage"][!UpdateMeterGroup CpuTemp]
IfCondition3=((MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 1) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 3) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 5) || (MeasureCalcExtProgramSources = 7))
IfTrueAction3=[!Log "HWiNFO detected"][!SetOption MeterCpuClockValue Text "%2 MHz"][!UpdateMeter MeterCpuClockValue][!UpdateMeterGroup LineGraph][!UpdateMeterGroup Background][!Redraw]
I am missing something else?

Thanks!
mborghi

Post by mborghi »

Hi all, Anyone know how to reduce the bottom margin of the gadgets? So there is less horizontal space between them.
Thanks!