It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:24 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
BillyRain

Re: ModernGadgets 1.6.2

Post by BillyRain »

I am new to using Rainmeter and I have one question about this skin. Is there a way to have multiple of the same gadget on the screen at one time?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

BillyRain wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 12:15 am I am new to using Rainmeter and I have one question about this skin. Is there a way to have multiple of the same gadget on the screen at one time?
Yes. To have multiple copies of a gadget, you will need to make additional copies of the skin folders. However, most of the gadgets share a common set of settings, so depending on what you are trying to do, you might need to do a little extra work. Which gadgets are you looking to duplicate?
BillyRain

Post by BillyRain »

SilverAzide wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 11:23 am Yes. To have multiple copies of a gadget, you will need to make additional copies of the skin folders. However, most of the gadgets share a common set of settings, so depending on what you are trying to do, you might need to do a little extra work. Which gadgets are you looking to duplicate?
The ones i am duplicating are the network meter, cpu usage and gpu meter. Since i have multiple monitors I would like to see that info if I'm working on one monitor but the other one is on the desktop and vice versa. they would have the same settings so I'm not worried about that. I used to use windows gadgets where you can have multiple windows of the same gadget but i do like the flexibility of rainmeter.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

BillyRain wrote: October 4th, 2019, 3:00 am The ones i am duplicating are the network meter, cpu usage and gpu meter. Since i have multiple monitors I would like to see that info if I'm working on one monitor but the other one is on the desktop and vice versa. they would have the same settings so I'm not worried about that. I used to use windows gadgets where you can have multiple windows of the same gadget but i do like the flexibility of rainmeter.
OK, if you are just looking for exact duplicates, then all you need to do is make copies of the skin folders. For example, in the main ModernGadgets folder, create a "CpuMeter2" folder and copy everything in the main "CpuMeter" folder into it (including subfolders). Please note that some skins that reference other skins (like the Welcome skin) will not recognize your extra copies so you might run into stray issues. The GPU Meter already includes 4 skins, so you don't need to clone these, just configure two of them identically. Once you create these duplicate folders, do a "Refresh All" on the main Rainmeter menu and your new copies will show up.
derekakelly

Couple Ideas

Post by derekakelly »

Hello,

First off a big thank you to everyone involved in developing ModernGadgets. When i first started using it, i had a configuration issue and someone(I forget who) promptly helped me fix it by setting the correct IDs. Currently I use CPU Meter, Process Meter, Disk Meter, GPU Meter, Network Meter and Weather Meter. :thumbup:

I have a couple ideas. I searched through this thread and couldn't find anything previously mentioned. I apologize if they've already been suggested.

Would it be possible to allow both the CPU and GPU lists to come up at the same time in the process meter? Could Disk Usage, Network Usage and Memory Usage also be added? :)

I personally have 2 drives setup as a raid 1 mirror. Currently, I can only see one of these drive's temperature reading. Not that i think one drive would be that much hotter than the other(maybe the one on top?), I can still access each drive's temperatures separately in HWiNFO. Also, my Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD has 2 temperature sensors coming up in HWiNFO. The two sensors are generally about 5-10C apart from each other. I'd be nice to monitor these additional temperature sensors if at all possible through the existing Disks Meter. :D

Thanks for your time,
Derek
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Couple Ideas

Post by SilverAzide »

derekakelly wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:45 amWould it be possible to allow both the CPU and GPU lists to come up at the same time in the process meter? Could Disk Usage, Network Usage and Memory Usage also be added? :)
No, this is not possible. The CPU and GPU processes are completely unrelated things, so having them at the same time would not make sense. However, if you just want to see the two sets of processes at the same time, you could copy the skin and have two gadgets, one for CPU and one for GPU. Let me know if you need help with that.

As for also including the Disk, Network, and any other items... if you are asking for these to be combined into a single skin, I can't speak for raiguard, but I can say I'm pretty sure that this ain't gonna happen. That is not what this suite is about. (There are plenty of others that do combine things.)
derekakelly wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:45 am I personally have 2 drives setup as a raid 1 mirror. Currently, I can only see one of these drive's temperature reading. Not that i think one drive would be that much hotter than the other(maybe the one on top?), I can still access each drive's temperatures separately in HWiNFO. Also, my Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD has 2 temperature sensors coming up in HWiNFO. The two sensors are generally about 5-10C apart from each other. I'd be nice to monitor these additional temperature sensors if at all possible through the existing Disks Meter. :D
The basic problem is that the Disks Meter monitors logical drives, not physical drives. HWiNFO is monitoring physical drives, so there is a mismatch. The physical drives that make up RAID arrays, storage pools, partitioned disks, etc., are not going to map 1:1 to logical drives. As a result, depending on your configuration, the temperatures may not be able to be mapped correctly. It is possible to create a separate Disks Meter gadget that reports by physical disk instead of by logical disk. That may be something for a future enhancement.
derekakelly

Post by derekakelly »

Thanks for the prompt reply SilverAzide :welcome:
SilverAzide wrote: October 10th, 2019, 3:28 pm No, this is not possible. The CPU and GPU processes are completely unrelated things, so having them at the same time would not make sense. However, if you just want to see the two sets of processes at the same time, you could copy the skin and have two gadgets, one for CPU and one for GPU. Let me know if you need help with that.

As for also including the Disk, Network, and any other items... if you are asking for these to be combined into a single skin, I can't speak for raiguard, but I can say I'm pretty sure that this ain't gonna happen. That is not what this suite is about. (There are plenty of others that do combine things.)
Having them combined wasn't really what i was thinking. I'd just like to have them both displayed at the same time. Having an additional skin would actually be ideal. That's what i was thinking with the additional items I mentioned.
SilverAzide wrote: October 10th, 2019, 3:28 pm The basic problem is that the Disks Meter monitors logical drives, not physical drives. HWiNFO is monitoring physical drives, so there is a mismatch. The physical drives that make up RAID arrays, storage pools, partitioned disks, etc., are not going to map 1:1 to logical drives. As a result, depending on your configuration, the temperatures may not be able to be mapped correctly. It is possible to create a separate Disks Meter gadget that reports by physical disk instead of by logical disk. That may be something for a future enhancement.
Perhaps there's a way to combine the temperatures and give an average? If that did work, would it be possible for the individual sensor readings to come up on hover?

Thank you for your time,
Derek
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

derekakelly wrote: October 11th, 2019, 5:58 amHaving them combined wasn't really what i was thinking. I'd just like to have them both displayed at the same time. Having an additional skin would actually be ideal. That's what i was thinking with the additional items I mentioned.
Ah, OK! In that case, it can be done pretty easily. You just need to make a copy of the ProcessMeter skin folder. Navigate to the C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Rainmeter\ModernGadgets folder. In this folder, create a new folder, for example, ProcessMeterGPU. Copy the ProcessMeter.ini file from the ProcessMeter folder into this new folder. In the system tray, right-click the Rainmeter icon and select Refresh All. You'll now be able to open two ProcessMeter skins (one from each folder). Switch one to show the CPU, another to show the GPU, and you'll be good to go. Note that any change you make to the settings will be applied to both skins, but you will need to manually refresh the new skin you created to see any changes.
derekakelly wrote: October 11th, 2019, 5:58 amPerhaps there's a way to combine the temperatures and give an average? If that did work, would it be possible for the individual sensor readings to come up on hover?
That could be a work-around, but it would be very difficult to handle in actuality. Any number of physical drives can make up a logical drive; for example, a single logical drive that is a RAID array could be 2 to 5 or more physical drives. And storage pools can be any number of drives, partitions, etc., and the drives don't even have to be the same type. There's no real workable solution to this, other than selecting one of your physical drives (e.g., the hottest one) to represent your logical drive temperature.
kanlkrain

Post by kanlkrain »

SilverAzide, thanks for fielding questions whiles Raiguard is away.

I believe that fa-haze.png is missing from @Resources>Assets>Images>weather, as WeatherMeter is currently showing a blank space where the weather graphics should be. I'm currently working around the problem by copying and renaming one of the other png file to fa-haze.png.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

kanlkrain wrote: November 1st, 2019, 4:18 am SilverAzide, thanks for fielding questions whiles Raiguard is away.

I believe that fa-haze.png is missing from @Resources>Assets>Images>weather, as WeatherMeter is currently showing a blank space where the weather graphics should be. I'm currently working around the problem by copying and renaming one of the other png file to fa-haze.png.
it's not missing but wrongly named. Just go to the image location (C:\Users\User\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\ModernGadgets\@Resources\Assets\Images\weather) and
rename the image fa-sun-haze into fa-haze.