It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:07 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
y0himba

Re: ModernGadgets 1.3.1 - System monitoring evolved

Post by y0himba »

raiguard wrote:Already on it. ;)

That was a month and a half ago though. I've since made lots more progress, but haven't really had time to work on the gadgets because of work.
I am just appreciative of the fact that you are doing this. Thank you so very much! <3
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.4.0

Post by raiguard »

v1.4.0 is HEEEEERE! This release is jam-packed with new stuff. The highlight of this update is an all-new HWiNFO Shared Memory Viewer application, which makes the process of configuring the HWiNFO IDs significantly easier for the end-user. Now, rather than having to manually copy hexadecimal IDs, you simply match a sensor from HWiNFO to a sensor needed by ModernGadgets, and it will do the rest. I need to give a HUUUUGE shoutout to stangowner for creating this application. Thank you!

IMPORTANT NOTE: In this update, the HWiNFO variables format has been redesigned. As such, even if you import your settings backup, you will still need to reconfigure your HWiNFO IDs!

Also included are two new gadgets: Chronometer and Process Meter. Chronometer is pretty basic for now, with a time and date display that can be customized using the Rainmeter time codes. It also shows system uptime. Included with the Chronometer is a stopwatch applet, that sports tenth-second timekeeping with a scrollable lap list.

Process Meter is as it sounds: It monitors processes. This gadget was possible thanks to the new UsageMonitor plugin, and is actually one of the reasons that the plugin was developed (I complained to the Rainmeter devs about the slowness of existing PerfMon plugins, which partially drove them to create UsageMonitor...). The gadget shows processes ordered by CPU or GPU usage, and can also show a process' RAM/VRAM usage as well.

Other smaller changes include a significant refactoring of the UI to be more clean and consistent, the removal of dual GPU mode in favor of having four completely independent GPU meters, and more accurate information in Network Meter.
v1.4.0 - 2018-10-09
- Added Chronometer
- Added Process Meter
- Added tentative Snapdragon support to CPU Meter
- Added support for CoreTemp and Speedfan in CPU Meter
- Added dynamic fan display to CPU Meter
- Added All Cores mode to CPU Meter line graph
- Added session total and simultaneous bits/bytes display to Network Meter
- Added separate bits/bytes peak traffic displays to Network Meter
- Added three additional GPU Meters for monitoring up to four GPUs simultaneously
- Added disk temperatures to Disks Meter
- Added setting to hide disk read/write speeds in Disks Meter
- Added Disk Read/Write Letters option
- Added setting to only display fixed disks in Disks Meter
- Added global color customization
- Added "open config file" buttons to all settings skins to allow access to more advanced settings
- Added 'Welcome' dialog for first-time users
- Added update check interval customization
- Added controls for settings backups in global settings skin
- Darkened default accent color
- Enhanced update download button to directly download and open the update .RMSKIN without a browser
- Increased supported threads in CPU Meter from 32 to 64 (AMD Threadripper 2)
- Increased precision of readouts in Network Meter
- Removed condensed font toggle for Network traffic (condensed is now the only option)
- Network Meter globe is no longer affected by accent color changes
- Removed dual GPU meter option (replaced by separate GPU Meters)
- Enhanced Disk Eject functionality with support for USB card readers and virtual disks (requires admin privileges)
- Significantly improved Disks Meter performance
- Consolidated graph and background borders into their respective background meters
- Standardized graph positioning
- Refactored input box visuals
- Implemented new HWiNFO SMV application, replacing the HWiNFO Config Tool
- Updated dynamic settings system with more consistent and flexible functions
- Updated LoadSkin and UpdateChecker scripts for Rainmeter 4.2 compatibility
- Settings backups are now made upon closing a settings skin, rather than at a preset interval
- Changelog button now shows local changelog rather than the one from GitHub
- Replaced readme link with MG Wiki link
- Reordered toggles in gadget manager
- Fixed error with the update checker reading a file while it was being written by WebParser
- Fixed oversight where clicking the total reset button in Network Meter Pro would not work
- Fixed inconsistent NetMonitor button logic
- Fixed NetMonitor controls not appearing on non-English systems
- Fixed update notification not being centered on the monitor properly
- Fixed settings backup import overwriting HWiNFO SMV sections
- Fixed settings backup import crashing if a settings file doesn't exist in the backup
- Fixed settings backup overwriting default colors
- Corrected date formatting in changelog
Last edited by raiguard on October 9th, 2018, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

:17good :17group :o and the crowd goes wild! For those of you that are old farts like me and not familiar with Github, go here:

https://github.com/raiguard/ModernGadgets/releases

Best. Gadgets. Ever.

One complaint: I am running out of room on my desktop side LOL :p
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

raiguard wrote:v1.4.0 is HEEEEERE!
Awesome job! :thumbup: Really like the new HWiNFO memory viewer too!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

SilverAzide wrote:Awesome job! :thumbup: Really like the new HWiNFO memory viewer too!
Don't thank me for that, that's stangowner's work. I just nagged him until he did it for me. ;)

I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't mind if other people used it in their suites, but not 100%. He expressed a while back that there are a few more changes he wants to make before he "officially" releases it. If you want to use it, I'd PM him first to be sure.

Anyway, thanks!
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I'm not in favor of releasing skins with unreleased and unsupported versions of stuff like this. I would have preferred that stangowner had done a new release, and documented the changes and how to use it. Then you release a skin using it, and all is well.

Entirely up to you, but I'm not in favor of muddying the waters like this.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jsmorley wrote:I'm not in favor of releasing skins with unreleased and unsupported versions of stuff like this. I would have preferred that stangowner had done a new release, and documented the changes and how to use it. Then you release a skin using it, and all is well.

Entirely up to you, but I'm not in favor of muddying the waters like this.
I asked him if it was okay to release this, and he said yes. He got it signed by Martin of HWiNFO as well. So it's not "unsupported", though it's not complete either. I'll shoot him another PM asking him about it.

I do see your point and somewhat agree with it, but 1.4 has been downloaded almost 800 times already, so it's far too late to turn back now...
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

So I just got clarification from stangowner that this is actually going to be the official build, he just needs to update the demo skin and create documentation. He's fine if others use this SMV.

Edit: autocorrect making blue hedgehogs out of personal pronouns...
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

I may have found a slight error. In the GPU gadget, even though I have HWinfo set to Farenheit and the gadget set to show Farenheit, the symbol still shows Celsius even though the temp is in Farenheit.
error.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---
ronvader

Post by ronvader »

I've just installed MG 1.4.0. Congrats to you!! Awesome job on this release. My installation configuration was pretty much undisturbed, though I had to tweak the GPU Meter settings a bit. I have three issues I hope you'll consider:

ISSUE 1: FONTS ILLEGIBLE. The Roboto font is awful on my machine. And the "grey" or "dim" font color for CPU Usage Temps (also used on other instruments) is a problem for me and I have to wear reading glasses and sit close in order to see it. Do you have a parameter setting for the default font and color to something more readable for my system? Thanks for this!

ISSUE 2: CALENDAR REQUEST. I'm using an Enigma month calendar (first day = Monday), but would like to replace it with an MG calendar. Please consider introducing one, as it would make my desktop complete. Maybe it could be added to the Chronometer gadget?

ISSUE 3: WEATHER REQUEST. I was using WeatherUnderground for awhile, but it stopped working a couple months ago (I can think of no changes on my system that would have triggered the problem), so I removed it and installed Illustro Weather, which isn't nearly as nice. Could you perhaps build a standard MG gadget, based on WeatherUnderground? I think It's the best weather app out there. I use it on my phone and home laptop.

I hope others find value in these suggestions.

I'm happy to help with any system/user testing if you pursue any of these suggestions. My system: ALIENWARE M18XR2 24GB AMD HD 7970M 2GB driving my Windows7Ultimate desktop on three external 1080p monitors.