It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:42 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Gershy13

Re: ModernGadgets 1.3.1 - System monitoring evolved

Post by Gershy13 »

I love this! Only problem is it looks a little small on my 23" 1080p monitor... any chance of spacing the information out slightly and scaling it up a bit?
And does anyone know a good clock that would go well with this skin? just a small digital or analog clock for the top right corner of the screen?

Thanks
Gershy13
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Gershy13 wrote:I love this! Only problem is it looks a little small on my 23" 1080p monitor... any chance of spacing the information out slightly and scaling it up a bit?
And does anyone know a good clock that would go well with this skin? just a small digital or analog clock for the top right corner of the screen?

Thanks
Gershy13
Unfortunately there is no way to make the gadgets bigger, but you could turn on large row spacing in the global settings skin to improve readability.

There will be a digital clock in the next update. That update will be ready soon, I'm just waiting for finalizations to the new HWiNFO SMV tool. If you would like to download the most recent beta to get the clock now, click the "opt-in to development testing" checkbox in the global settings skin, and it should prompt you to download it sometime within the next 30 minutes.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
Gershy13

Post by Gershy13 »

raiguard wrote:Unfortunately there is no way to make the gadgets bigger, but you could turn on large row spacing in the global settings skin to improve readability.

There will be a digital clock in the next update. That update will be ready soon, I'm just waiting for finalizations to the new HWiNFO SMV tool. If you would like to download the most recent beta to get the clock now, click the "opt-in to development testing" checkbox in the global settings skin, and it should prompt you to download it sometime within the next 30 minutes.
Hi thanks... is there a way to add to the total on the network meter? As ive only installed it now, can i add the other 4tb of network ive used in the past onto it now? So it continues from 4tb and counts up?

thanks
Gershy13
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Gershy13 wrote:Hi thanks... is there a way to add to the total on the network meter? As ive only installed it now, can i add the other 4tb of network ive used in the past onto it now? So it continues from 4tb and counts up?

thanks
Gershy13
Were you using the NetMonitor service or the default Rainmeter measures? (See the Network Meter settings skin)

Edit: wait, disregard that. If you were using NetMonitor then it would have carried over. I highly recommend using it from now on, it is MUCH more accurate than what Rainmeter offers natively.

You can edit NetMonitor's values by opening regedit and editing the values that NetMonitor puts there. I was going to look up the exact path, but GitHub just so happens to be down for me right now so I can't look at the code (I'm on my phone)! So you'll either have to find it yourself or wait until I can get that for you.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
Gershy13

Post by Gershy13 »

raiguard wrote:Were you using the NetMonitor service or the default Rainmeter measures? (See the Network Meter settings skin)

Edit: wait, disregard that. If you were using NetMonitor then it would have carried over. I highly recommend using it from now on, it is MUCH more accurate than what Rainmeter offers natively.

You can edit NetMonitor's values by opening regedit and editing the values that NetMonitor puts there. I was going to look up the exact path, but GitHub just so happens to be down for me right now so I can't look at the code (I'm on my phone)! So you'll either have to find it yourself or wait until I can get that for you.
Thanks... i was using a different pack and software completely to monitor... ill download netmonitor and try it.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Gershy13 wrote:Thanks... i was using a different pack and software completely to monitor... ill download netmonitor and try it.
Don't download anything, it comes with ModernGadgets. Simply click the install NetMonitor button in the Network Meter settings skin.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Ah, I found the registry path you need. It's HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gadgets\NetMonitor\(adapter name). You can edit the total there.
Gershy13

Post by Gershy13 »

raiguard wrote:Ah, I found the registry path you need. It's HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gadgets\NetMonitor\(adapter name). You can edit the total there.
thanks i got it working... its showing it properly now....
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

Hi. I was wondering if you would ever consider a weather meter gadget?
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

y0himba wrote:Hi. I was wondering if you would ever consider a weather meter gadget?
Already on it. ;)

That was a month and a half ago though. I've since made lots more progress, but haven't really had time to work on the gadgets because of work.