It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:07 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ModernGadgets 1.7.0

Post by SilverAzide »

prophet4NO1 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:15 am Thanks! Got it fixed. Any idea what causes this to happen?
This happens to me every now and then too. I'm not sure the reason happens, but I know at least one for-sure way to cause it to happen (at least, for me). If I change a drive's drive letter (for example, plug in a USB drive and use Disk Manager to change the letter assignment), it will immediately corrupt the PerfMon database for both the letters it was changed from and changed to.
:confused:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

dhmolson wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:56 am Any chance you could add the ability to only show overall CPU usage instead of showing the usage for every individual core on the CPU Meter skin?
No, but you can make this change yourself if you want. Let's take this over to the Gadget's thread, so as not to pollute Raiguard's thread...
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

Ok, I just got a new mobo. Went from my old X79 based machine to AMD. I only have one issue with regards to HWinfo and these skins. For some reason I am not getting CPU temps. Nothing shows up in HWinfo about temps either. Just package temps. But no core temps. Any thoughts on what is going on here?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

prophet4NO1 wrote: August 10th, 2021, 3:25 am Ok, I just got a new mobo. Went from my old X79 based machine to AMD. I only have one issue with regards to HWinfo and these skins. For some reason I am not getting CPU temps. Nothing shows up in HWinfo about temps either. Just package temps. But no core temps. Any thoughts on what is going on here?
AMD CPUs do not report temps on a per-core basis. I think raiguard has instructions posted on his ModernGadgets wiki page on how to configure this. One option is to record the entry IDs for the die against every core. I think there is an option in the Settings to show a single temp value.
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

I will have to do some digging and playing around. I could have sworn I was getting core temps from the Asus software. Maybe I am incorrect in that. I will keep playing. So far I am pretty impressed with the chip though. The auto OC cranks pretty high past the AMD spec on my custom loop. And I have not even tweaked anything yet.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

prophet4NO1 wrote: August 10th, 2021, 6:15 pm I will have to do some digging and playing around. I could have sworn I was getting core temps from the Asus software. Maybe I am incorrect in that. I will keep playing. So far I am pretty impressed with the chip though. The auto OC cranks pretty high past the AMD spec on my custom loop. And I have not even tweaked anything yet.
I thought I heard that the latest versions of HWiNFO *can* report per-core temps for some AMD CPUs. I have no way to confirm, tho... :( Let us know if you can get them to work (this would not be a Rainmeter or skin thing, it's entirely up to HWiNFO in this case).
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

I am currently using an older version because of the whole licensing thing that changed with shared memory only working for 12 hours now.

So, I have the overall core temp working. I just run the temp in standard mode and assigned the sensor for the chiplet as the source. Seems to be accurate. My AMD software and other things are pulling the same temps. I will look into the newer version for multi core, but likely wont actually run them.
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.8.0

Post by raiguard »

v1.8 is out! This (finally) converts the suite to HWiNFO 7.0. Upon download, you will have to re-configure your HWiNFO IDs.

However, I just realized that I haven't updated the tutorial yet, so I shall very quickly be doing that as we speak...

Bugfixes will come a lot more often now. I finally got a good setup with a Windows virtual machine that I can test on, while still being able to do my dev on Linux. I've fallen too deep into the Linux rabbit hole to ever come out, and developing software on Windows is torture for me now.

Another huge contributor towards more frequent releases is an automatic RMSKIN packager GitHub action that I ran across. All I have to do is make a release, and it'll automatically package the RMSKIN for me. That removes 15 minutes of manually selecting plugins in the packager interface!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and thanks for using ModernGadgets!

NOTE: ModernGadgets no longer has an automatic update checker (since there will almost never be updates any more), so you will have to download the new version using the link in the main post.

Code: Select all

v1.8.0 - 2021-9-23
  Features:
    - Updated to HWiNFO 7.0
      - The settings format has changed, so all users will need to reconfigure their HWiNFO IDs
  Changes:
    - Sidebars have been removed
      - Use a standalone tool, such as MaxMax, to prevent your gadgets from being covered
      - This was done due to the presence of many unfixable issues with the sidebar implementation
    - Updated to ActiveNet 3.0
  Bugfixes:
    - Fixed an error related to audio meter mouse regions (#229)
    - Fixed an error with a missing image when Disks Meter had more than ten disks (#244)
    - Fixed that GPU Meter variants 2 and 3 would use the settings for variant 1 (#246)
    - Fixed that the GPU Meter VRAM labels would bounce between compact and regular fonts in some cases (#245)
    - Fixed that Weather Meter would be cut off on the bottom when the scale was not 1.0 (#238)
    - Fixed the CPU clock speed displaying as zero when first enabled (#233)
    - Fixed the sky dial sun/moon visibility behavior
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

I cannot get the GPU gadget on my son's computer to show any values whatsoever. I followed the tutorial, and here is an image of it open in Notepad++

I am doing this right?

What can I do to troubleshoot it?
isthisright.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

y0himba wrote: September 25th, 2021, 9:08 pm I cannot get the GPU gadget on my son's computer to show any values whatsoever. I followed the tutorial, and here is an image of it open in Notepad++

I am doing this right?

What can I do to troubleshoot it?
There are a couple minor typos in the skin. I posted a fix on GitHub that should get it working again until raiguard can push out a new release: https://github.com/raiguard/ModernGadgets/issues/248.