It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:42 am

Slideshow 5

Skins with graphics and animations
jaxsta

Re: Slideshow 5

Post by jaxsta »

Hi Balala,
I'm using slideshow, I love it!
However some images are not showing portrait style, though some are. I have checked the photos to ensure they are rotated.
I'm not sure why some display portrait style and some don't. Is there a setting I should change? I'm new to rainmaker so not familiar with much about it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jaxsta wrote: November 21st, 2018, 12:55 am I'm using slideshow, I love it!
I'm glad if you do.
jaxsta wrote: November 21st, 2018, 12:55 am However some images are not showing portrait style, though some are. I have checked the photos to ensure they are rotated.
I'm not sure why some display portrait style and some don't. Is there a setting I should change? I'm new to rainmaker so not familiar with much about it.
The skin doesn't rotate the shown images and I never encountered something like this. One single case I can imagine when something like this could go on, if your image viewer software uses the EXIF information of the images and rotates the shown images according to those information. To fix this, try to add a UseExifOrientation=1 option to the following Image meters: [MeterImage1], [MeterImage2], [MeterImage3], [MeterPixelize100], [MeterPixelize200], [MeterPrevImg1], [MeterPrevImg2], [MeterPrevImg3], [MeterPrevImg4], [MeterPrevImg5], [MeterHorizontalBar1Image1], [MeterHorizontalBar2Image1], [MeterHorizontalBar3Image1], [MeterHorizontalBar4Image1], [MeterHorizontalBar5Image1], [MeterHorizontalBar6Image1], [MeterHorizontalBar7Image1], [MeterHorizontalBar8Image1], [MeterHorizontalBar9Image1], [MeterHorizontalBar10Image1], [MeterHorizontalBar1Image2], [MeterHorizontalBar2Image2], [MeterHorizontalBar3Image2], [MeterHorizontalBar4Image2], [MeterHorizontalBar5Image2], [MeterHorizontalBar6Image2], [MeterHorizontalBar7Image2], [MeterHorizontalBar8Image2], [MeterHorizontalBar9Image2], [MeterHorizontalBar10Image2] and to the [PixelizeStyle1] and [PixelizeStyle2] sections (yes, I know there are too many, but that's it).

If this doesn't help, could you attach one or two of those images which are rotated, please?
jaxsta

Post by jaxsta »

Thank you! I didn't really know how to do it but I worked it out and have now managed to edit my first rainmeter skin (proud moment haha)
And it worked! All images are now showing the correct way.
Props to you for a great skin and being so helpful.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

jaxsta wrote: December 5th, 2018, 3:08 am Thank you! I didn't really know how to do it but I worked it out and have now managed to edit my first rainmeter skin (proud moment haha)
You are on your way!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jaxsta wrote: December 5th, 2018, 3:08 am Thank you! I didn't really know how to do it but I worked it out and have now managed to edit my first rainmeter skin (proud moment haha)
You mean you've added the UseExifOrientation=1 option and this has solved the issue?
Congratulations for the first skin edit. If you're interested, keep working. Rainmeter will give you a lot of satisfactions.
I'm glad if you got it working and thanks for the appreciations.