It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:18 pm

New Shape Meter

Changes made during the Rainmeter 4.0 beta cycle.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: New Shape Meter

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 1:26 pm hi all is there a fix for flashing backgrounds made with shape's ?
Hard to say, since I have no idea what you are on about... ;-)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 1:29 pm it's drawing a black box around the shapes when system getting 2 mutch 2 do at the same time but i will grab a image of it
I need an example skin that demonstrates the behavior. I have never seen any such.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 1:34 pm just overload with a lot of skins at the same time and rainmeter will get flushed with to mutch work then you will get those kind of things... :D
it's only with the shape meters... first shows black fill then the shape....
I simply can't help you.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28421
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 1:39 pm we already had it with multiple persons... the flashing meters it's because of the shape meter if i replace it with a image it's gone...
All gadgets flashes << old post same shit.... not solved ...
but i will reslove it by replacing it with a image and stop using shapes...
This is a very disappointing exchange. I'm sorry, but this is just not how you raise an issue or ask for help on these forums. Not if you want help from me at least. I have no idea what you are talking about, and I can't do a thing to address this if I don't have a clear description of the problem, an example skin or at least some example code that demonstrates it, and anything else that might allow me to actually test the problem to see if I can replicate it on my system.

But ok, just don't use shapes.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: May 25th, 2020, 1:31 pm I need an example skin that demonstrates the behavior. I have never seen any such.
Well, it's not a sample skin, but maybe, just maybe, it's somehow related to this...

Bottom line, I think he wanted to say that skins flicker when the CPU is busy. How this relates to shapes, I don't know though.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yincognito wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:15 pm Well, it's not a sample skin, but maybe, just maybe, it's somehow related to this...

Bottom line, I think he wanted to say that skins flicker when the CPU is busy. How this relates to shapes, I don't know though.
If that is the case, and who knows really, then my advice would be to be sure to update graphics drivers to the very latest version, and try changing the state of "Use hardware acceleration" in Settings.

My only point in all of this is that if you "don't help us to help you" as much as you can, you can't expect much in the way of results. If I was going to report an issue like this I would likely:

1) Clearly describe the behavior I'm getting. Screenshots or .gif files are always a help.
2) Provide example code or ever better an attached .rmskin that demonstrates the problem.
3) Details about my system, what version of Rainmeter, what version of Windows, what graphics card, etc.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:24 pm i think it's the way it builds and show's the shapes JSMorley, if the box drawn would be a transparant nobody would talk about it.... :Whistle
I'm done with this conversation.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:18 pm If that is the case, and who knows really, then my advice would be to be sure to update graphics drivers to the very latest version, and try changing the state of "Use hardware acceleration" in Settings.

My only point in all of this is that if you "don't help us to help you" as much as you can, you can't expect much in the way of results. If I was going to report an issue like this I would likely:

1) Clearly describe the behavior I'm getting. Screenshots or .gif files are always a help.
2) Provide example code or ever better an attached .rmskin that demonstrates the problem.
3) Details about my system, what version of Rainmeter, what version of Windows, what graphics card, etc.
I absolutely agree with you on this.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:29 pm i have all my drivers updated all the time .. so nvidia delivers mine .. gtx 1070 8g and 32 gig memory onboard and i7 6700k :D
example i can provide when it does it again, but you will see nothing then a box around the drawn shape and it's gone after finishing the shape.
that's the flashing what you see, it restores the transparant background ...
So the shape is drawn inside a bounding box that quickly alternates between an opaque background and the actual transparent background that's suppose to be there, is that it?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 3:03 pm it's seems to be like that when it overloads the first box ( the freeze ) draw's it in that color and after it loads it's transparant again..
but this is by all shapes on your screen ... btw nvidia 445.87 is my latest driver.. i think it's not a driver issue.
it's after introducing shapes in rainmeter it started by me.
I see. Does this happen just in a certain / particular skin or for all the skins using shapes? If it happens only for one skin (or a skin suite), are you sure it's not a mistake in the code that's causing this? If this happens for all the skins using shapes, can any of us replicate the issue by creating a simple skin with shapes and overworking a bit the CPU (like starting Chrome, for example)?