It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:14 pm

Twitch Chat plugin/skin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
timsan

Twitch Chat plugin/skin

Post by timsan »

Hi!

I grew tired of the Twitch chat hiding my beautiful Rainmeter layout so I developed a plugin/skin to show the Twitch chat as a Rainmeter skin.

Pictures of the skin in action:

Features:
  • Fully customizable look including width, height, colors etc.
  • Emotes and badges.
  • Automatically connects to the correct channel when viewed in Chrome.
  • Messages can be posted directly from the Rainmeter skin.
  • Highlights your own name in chat.
  • Hover over images to see their names.

More information can be found on the github page:
https://github.com/timlindeberg/TwitchRainmeter

Download link:
https://github.com/timlindeberg/TwitchRainmeter/releases/download/1.1/TwitchChat_1.1.rmskin

Installation:
  • 1. Install the skin using the .rmskin package.
    2. Install the font you want to use for the skin by placing them in the Windows Font folder.
    3. Generate an Ouath code at http://www.twitchapps.com/tmi/.
    4. Enter your username and the Ouath code in the @Resources\Variables.inc file.
    5. Customize the settings in the Variables.inc file to your liking and make sure to specify the font you installed.
    6. You're all set!
I hope you might consider using it and please let me know if you find any issues or have any feature requests. The plugin is still in an early stage so there are probably still quite a few bugs etc.

EDIT:
I've now released version 1.1 with some major improvements, bug fixes and new features. Change log:
1.1 (2016-09-11)

Features:
  • Resub notifications now appear in chat.
  • Improved line wrapping when a word won't fit on a single line.
  • Links that appear in chat are now clickable.
  • Added bit badges.
  • Added animated cheers.
  • The quality of badges, emote and cheers can now be selected.
  • General performance improvements.
  • Added error messages when username or ouath token is missing.
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed a bug where images would appear in the wrong location when Unicode characters such as emojis appeared in chat.
  • Fixed a bug where images would occasionally flicker and disappear.
  • Fixed a bug where images would be placed slightly too far left.
  • Fixed a bug where the last word of a line would disappear when a line was word wrapped.
  • Fixed a crash in chrome url locator.
  • Fixed a bug where usernames would have incorrect capitalization.
The new version can be found here: https://github.com/timlindeberg/TwitchRainmeter/releases/download/1.1/TwitchChat_1.1.rmskin
Last edited by timsan on September 11th, 2016, 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aceronn

Re: Twitch Chat plugin/skin

Post by aceronn »

Hey, one feature/bug I want to point out. The chat is kinda bugged with the images on the left side for badges. It miss aligns them with the chat. Either fixing that, or adding an option to disable badges would be awesome! Otherwise its a great app!
timsan

Post by timsan »

aceronn wrote:Hey, one feature/bug I want to point out. The chat is kinda bugged with the images on the left side for badges. It miss aligns them with the chat. Either fixing that, or adding an option to disable badges would be awesome! Otherwise its a great app!
Bugs regarding image positions should be now be all fixed! Let me know if you still have any issues!
betty_swolics

Post by betty_swolics »

I am still having problems with the chat icon's (mod,turbo) not being inline with chat and also the chat cuts off and starts a new line.

i have the latest versions of both rainmeter and the twitch chat plungin.

i have had to remove the # that allows the images to save/download for now as it is hard to read chat when there are random images across it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.