I grew tired of the Twitch chat hiding my beautiful Rainmeter layout so I developed a plugin/skin to show the Twitch chat as a Rainmeter skin.
Pictures of the skin in action:
- Fully customizable look including width, height, colors etc.
- Emotes and badges.
- Automatically connects to the correct channel when viewed in Chrome.
- Messages can be posted directly from the Rainmeter skin.
- Highlights your own name in chat.
- Hover over images to see their names.
More information can be found on the github page:
- 1. Install the skin using the .rmskin package.
2. Install the font you want to use for the skin by placing them in the Windows Font folder.
3. Generate an Ouath code at http://www.twitchapps.com/tmi/.
4. Enter your username and the Ouath code in the @Resources\Variables.inc file.
5. Customize the settings in the Variables.inc file to your liking and make sure to specify the font you installed.
6. You're all set!
I've now released version 1.1 with some major improvements, bug fixes and new features. Change log:
- Resub notifications now appear in chat.
- Improved line wrapping when a word won't fit on a single line.
- Links that appear in chat are now clickable.
- Added bit badges.
- Added animated cheers.
- The quality of badges, emote and cheers can now be selected.
- General performance improvements.
- Added error messages when username or ouath token is missing.
- Fixed a bug where images would appear in the wrong location when Unicode characters such as emojis appeared in chat.
- Fixed a bug where images would occasionally flicker and disappear.
- Fixed a bug where images would be placed slightly too far left.
- Fixed a bug where the last word of a line would disappear when a line was word wrapped.
- Fixed a crash in chrome url locator.
- Fixed a bug where usernames would have incorrect capitalization.