It is currently July 10th, 2020, 7:28 am

AddGadgets.com styled Top Processes (Updated v2 [NomFerp.dll]) & Audio Equalizer (Updated v2.3)

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
dudebaker

AddGadgets.com styled Top Processes (Updated v2 [NomFerp.dll]) & Audio Equalizer (Updated v2.3)

Post by dudebaker »

Hi together,

after ages of searching skins which fit the AddGadgets.com package from SilverAzide (https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20699) today I've decided to create my own ones...
In case anyone has the same problem I share them here. 8-)

I've installed Rainmeter 4.0 (final) but it should work with 3.3.0 too.

No future updates for these skins, please use my new suite which contains all of my AddGadget.com styled skins:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26610

Top Processes:
  • In default settings it show top 5 usages of cpu & ram.
  • Sizes, font colors, entry-count or the processes to ignore are settings which are changeable via variables at the top of the skin-file.
Top Processes.PNG
Addgadgets.com styled Top Processes_1.0.rmskin
Top Processes v2:
  • Uses now NomFerp.dll instead of TopProcesses.
  • Through this change I had to add a language toggle.
  • But now we can easily change what we wanna list in this skin.
    With the custom language setting you can use your own values like showing 'working set' instead of 'working set - private' or even adapt another language.
    Playing around with the perfmon.exe will give you the required values.
  • I've tested some time on a french machine but the plugin doesn't work there, even with the correct values, we have to wait here for an update.
    English and German settings were tested on Win7 & Win10 and seem to work.
  • In default settings it shows top 10 usages of cpu & ram.
  • Sizes, entry-count and refresh-rates can be changed via settings icon.
  • I've added many tooltips in settings for descriptions!
top processes all.png
Addgadgets.com styled Top Processes_2.0.rmskin
Audio Equalizer:
  • Shows the output of the currently selected audio output.
  • In default settings the skin show the levels via an image, so resizing is not really recommend (bar-Images are not span/crop-able :confused:).
  • A photoshop-file (in zip) is attached to this thread, so you can resize the images to your needs (without compression/artifact issues) and replace them in this folder: C:\Users\~~~~yourusername~~~~\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Addgadgets.com styled EQ-Skin\@Resources\Images
    Then you can enter the exact pixel count of the full-image at the top of the skin-file.
  • To resize the skin without changing the images:
    At the bottom of the skin-file you can comment three meters out and uncomment other three ones which are showing the levels via an grey overlay, then you can resize it via the variables at the top of the skin-file but in this second version the green-red bars are shown the whole time.
EQ.PNG
Addgadgets.com styled EQ-Skin_1.0.rmskin
Photoshop file EQ-Full.zip
Audio Equalizer v2:
  • Shows the output of the currently selected audio output.
  • A doubleclick on the whole skin mutes or unmutes your output.
    Scrolling up and down with your mousewheel on the whole skin changes your volume level (steps are changeable with variables at the top of the skin-file).
  • The volume level is shown in the middle of the skin with a grey bar (color changable...) and at the bottom center as a number, single click on this number mutes and unmutes your output.
  • In the top left is a speaker icon which changes its style if your output is muted, a click on it mutes or unmutes your output.
    In the top center it shows the current selected output devices name, a click on it opens the selection for your outputs.
    [v2.1] In the top right it shows the settings icon.
  • [v2.1] The settings page has now the same style like the new top processes skin.
    You can choose between 4 different styles, or even use all together.
    The first two styles are 100% resizeable (via variables at the top of the skin-file).
    The colored two styles use images so you have to resize them to your needs.
    [v2.1] You can now change the sizes and fine tune the plugin values without touching the skin file.
  • [v2.1] A warning will be shown if no style is selected.
  • [v2.1] I've added many tooltips in settings for descriptions!
  • [v2.2] Many performance improvements!
  • [v2.2] Title font face changed to Segoe UI.
  • [v2.3] Some additional performance improvements.
  • [v2.3] Band Visualizer uses now 18 columns per channel instead of only 10.
  • [v2.3] Skin refreshes now on it's own if the output gets switched.
  • All shown percentages and lines in the background are now rendered by rainmeter, so you can resize the images easily even in paint, thats the reason I won't add a photoshop file this time.

Two files, one is the big gradient bar for each channel and one which is 1/10 in the width of the first image.
    Folder: C:\Users\~~~~yourusername~~~~\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Addgadgets.com styled EQ-Skin\@Resources\Images
EQ.png
v2.1 Settingspage
EQ Settings.PNG
v2.3 Band Visualizer
EQ v2.3.PNG
AddGadgets.com styled EQ-Skin_2.3.rmskin
All together with the AddGadgets.com package from SilverAzide (https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20699):
all.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dudebaker on August 18th, 2017, 5:45 pm, edited 13 times in total.
SilverAzide

Re: AddGadgets.com styled Top Processes & Audio Equalizer

Post by SilverAzide »

:thumbup:
Gadgets DeviantArt More...
dudebaker

Re: AddGadgets.com styled Top Processes & Audio Equalizer (Updated v2)

Post by dudebaker »

Updated first post with my new Audio Equalizer v2
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

I'm interested by the equalizer skin :D. The plugin "TopProcess" is old and unfortunately it does not work under Windows10 :(.
dudebaker

Post by dudebaker »

Weird.. can't confirm this. I'm using Win10 with Rainmeter 4 r2627 and the skin should work.
Win10.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

The plugin has some problems with Windows 8.1 and Windows10, this is the reason why many skin designers have abandoned it. I had many Rainmeter crashes with it. I have not tried with the latest version of Rainmeter. I'll try and see :welcome:.
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

Hello,

Well, I can't explain, but it seems to work well. I tried your skin under W8.1 & W10. I tried too my old TopProcess skin and it seems OK. I don't known why. Maybe there was some change in the Rainmeter code for the last versions, that allows the pugin to work well. Maybe since the integration of some plugins in the "core" of Rainmeter.

So, excuse me and great thanks, because thanks to that, I'll be able to use this plugin again :-).
dudebaker

Post by dudebaker »

Great to hear the plugin works now for you.
And great for me, so I don't have to change the skin. :D
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

Sorry, sorry and sorry... The plugin worked well for a while, but I still had crashes. Required to remove skins using Topprocess to restart Rainmeter. So plugin too unstable for me. I really had a false joy :(.

Many users have tried and adopted the New PerfMon Plugin by Ailia. The problem is that it works only (or almost) for US version of Windows, so not for me because I have a French version. I really do not have chance :twisted:.
dudebaker

Post by dudebaker »

Ok thanks for the link! Will take a look at it later. :)