It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:47 pm

Battery

Skins that monitor system information
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Battery

Post by Yincognito »

mccromo wrote: July 5th, 2023, 10:01 pm The software was installed from the original CD, It is running without problem. When the AC cuts off and the batteries are activated, it shows me.
I have the UPS connected via USB. Possibly it is Windows 10, I have already checked with several Skins and it still does not work :(
This seems to indicate that it should work (well, at least the PowerShell WMI stuff, which you didn't tell if it worked). The article is from 2019, so presumably tested on Windows 10. What do you get after copy pasting the code in PS, hitting Enter, then typing $Remaining followed by Enter? Of course, with the UPS both in 100% charge and by simulating a power outage and let the UPS battery drain a little.

As someone who doesn't have an UPS to test on, the results you get from trying different methods reveal the most.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

mccromo wrote: July 5th, 2023, 10:01 pm The software was installed from the original CD, It is running without problem. When the AC cuts off and the batteries are activated, it shows me.
I have the UPS connected via USB. Possibly it is Windows 10, I have already checked with several Skins and it still does not work :(
Did you run HWiNFO to see if it can see your UPS? This will only work in Windows if the software application is using WMI (a MS standard API) to communicate with the operating system. If the UPS vendor is using some proprietary methods, then the fact that it is not working is not surprising.

Remember, Rainmeter (and Rainmeter skins) can only see what the Windows OS itself can see. So far, your testing has not demonstrated that Windows can see your UPS, it has only shown that the vendor's own proprietary software can see it.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

The only reason I can think to is that maybe the software of UPS is not supported in Windows 10. Unfortunately as said, can't try it out anymore, because I don't have the device anymore, but definitely can say it worked in Windows 7, with the UPS properly connected via USB and the UPS's software properly installed.
Recommend try following Yincognito's and SilverAzide's recommendations.
mccromo

Post by mccromo »

SilverAzide wrote: July 6th, 2023, 1:43 am Did you run HWiNFO to see if it can see your UPS? This will only work in Windows if the software application is using WMI (a MS standard API) to communicate with the operating system. If the UPS vendor is using some proprietary methods, then the fact that it is not working is not surprising.

Remember, Rainmeter (and Rainmeter skins) can only see what the Windows OS itself can see. So far, your testing has not demonstrated that Windows can see your UPS, it has only shown that the vendor's own proprietary software can see it.
Hi. The only non-mouse and non-keyboard device shown is this one. I only have 3 connected to my PC. :Whistle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mccromo wrote: July 7th, 2023, 6:10 pm Hi. The only non-mouse and non-keyboard device shown is this one. I only have 3 connected to my PC. :Whistle
A screenshot of the the ports isn't exactly what we were after, but the image helps. A battery isn't detected, like this (from my laptop):
HWiNFO - Info.jpg
Of course, that's just the system information part of HWiNFO, we are after the "sensors", which Rainmeter can actually read and display in a skin. To be able to do that for your UPS battery, you should have something like this (from the internet, via googling "hwinfo ups"):
1641762620026.png
in your sensors page. Notice that this is precisely how it should look for an UPS, in case of a laptop battery it would be more like this (from my laptop):
HWiNFO - Sensors.jpg
So, if your HWiNFO sensors page doesn't have a part for your UPS like above, then I'm afraid neither Rainmeter can show the desired data...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

mccromo wrote: July 7th, 2023, 6:10 pm
Yes... So like Yincognito indicated, your UPS is not providing Windows itself with any data. It is only communicating with its own proprietary software application. Therefore, your brand of UPS cannot be monitored by Rainmeter or by other 3rd-party tools.

Sorry, you are out of luck. :(
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
mccromo

Post by mccromo »

SilverAzide wrote: July 7th, 2023, 10:51 pm Yes... So like Yincognito indicated, your UPS is not providing Windows itself with any data. It is only communicating with its own proprietary software application. Therefore, your brand of UPS cannot be monitored by Rainmeter or by other 3rd-party tools.

Sorry, you are out of luck. :(
Damn, at least I can enter the software of my UPS but it was not the case.
The case is to use Rainmeter :( :-(