It is currently April 28th, 2024, 11:45 am

Battery

Skins that monitor system information
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Battery

Post by balala »

mccromo wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 10:07 pm It shows 100%. Today I've installed the software from original CD of my UPS and it works, I can see status from battery. I going to check Rainmeter Skin when AC Line is off.
Hope it'll work. It worked for me when I was on a desktop computer with a UPS, but this was many years ago.
mccromo

Post by mccromo »

balala wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 1:35 am Hope it'll work. It worked for me when I was on a desktop computer with a UPS, but this was many years ago.
Hi. I just went through a power outage, I took screenshots and it seems the Skins aren't working. I hit them on Refresh and they still wouldn't charge my battery percentage. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mccromo wrote: July 5th, 2023, 2:24 am Hi. I just went through a power outage, I took screenshots and it seems the Skins aren't working. I hit them on Refresh and they still wouldn't charge my battery percentage. :(
Just to see if it works, can you test the PowerShell commands here (mostly the code in the 2nd box)? Sure, this isn't by any means a good way to do constant monitoring, because it woud mean running PS at every time interval that represents your desired monitor frequency, but it's important to have a way that you CAN get the UPS charge in Rainmeter, if the standard Power plugin does not.

Also, can't you just simulate a power outage? You know, pulling out the AC wire, that kind of things. It makes no sense to wait for a random power outage to occur when you can simulate its conditions to do your tests and see if stuff works. Just saying... :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

mccromo wrote: July 5th, 2023, 2:24 am Hi. I just went through a power outage, I took screenshots and it seems the Skins aren't working. I hit them on Refresh and they still wouldn't charge my battery percentage. :(
Yincognito wrote: July 5th, 2023, 12:18 pm
Correct. The reason is that it appears you are using an external UPS, not a battery in a laptop. Is this right? In that case, neither Rainmeter nor the Win32/WMI API calls will help you. You need to use HWiNFO to see externally connected UPS's, and a skin that uses HWiNFO. You also need your UPS connected to your PC.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: July 5th, 2023, 6:44 pmIn that case, neither Rainmeter nor the Win32/WMI API calls will help you. You need to use HWiNFO to see externally connected UPS's, and a skin that uses HWiNFO.
Well, that explains it... albeit, if that was true, then how come balala got the UPS charge back when he built this skin? :???:
mccromo

Post by mccromo »

Yincognito wrote: July 5th, 2023, 7:06 pm Well, that explains it... albeit, if that was true, then how come balala got the UPS charge back when he built this skin? :???:
Maybe it works on Windows 7. I used that Orange Skin on W7 with a Tripplite UPS and it did work. I can't imagine Windows 11 that is worse. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mccromo wrote: July 5th, 2023, 7:27 pmMaybe it works on Windows 7. I used that Orange Skin on W7 with a Tripplite UPS and it did work.
Maybe. However, a comparison with a different UPS, different UPS software, and a different skin isn't telling the whole story.
mccromo wrote: July 5th, 2023, 7:27 pm I can't imagine Windows 11 that is worse. :(
Ah, you're one of those that still believe newer is always better, huh? :Whistle

----------

By the way, did you try to do it as SilverAzide advised? Does it work like that?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: July 5th, 2023, 6:44 pm Correct. The reason is that it appears you are using an external UPS, not a battery in a laptop. Is this right? In that case, neither Rainmeter nor the Win32/WMI API calls will help you. You need to use HWiNFO to see externally connected UPS's, and a skin that uses HWiNFO. You also need your UPS connected to your PC.
Even with an external UPS, if it's properly connected and its software is properly installed, it should work. I know this, because as said, I tried it many years ago. Unfortunately can't confirm it works for instance on Windows 10, because I don't have the UPS, so can't try it out anymore. But definitely worked even with external UPS, at least on Windows 7.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

balala wrote: July 5th, 2023, 8:36 pm Even with an external UPS, if it's properly connected and its software is properly installed, it should work. I know this, because as said, I tried it many years ago. Unfortunately can't confirm it works for instance on Windows 10, because I don't have the UPS, so can't try it out anymore. But definitely worked even with external UPS, at least on Windows 7.
The key words in your statement being... "IF it's properly connected AND its software is properly installed". The OP has not said whether either of these conditions are true. Based on his results, I am doubtful.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
mccromo

Post by mccromo »

SilverAzide wrote: July 5th, 2023, 8:47 pm The key words in your statement being... "IF it's properly connected AND its software is properly installed". The OP has not said whether either of these conditions are true. Based on his results, I am doubtful.
The software was installed from the original CD, It is running without problem. When the AC cuts off and the batteries are activated, it shows me.
I have the UPS connected via USB. Possibly it is Windows 10, I have already checked with several Skins and it still does not work :(