It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 8:43 pm

first project finished

Skins that don't neatly fit into other categories
osmija

first project finished

Post by osmija »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eoYg77BEG4

took awhile to get hang of things.

big thanks to balala for a lot of help answering questions.
osmija

Re: first project finished

Post by osmija »

the only thing id really like to change/fix (beyond small not-so-significant things) is the height of the album-visualizer.
but from what i understand it is literally impossible to fix as you cant scale the image used, so the height cant be lowered anyway.

if it could, itd fit and look a whole lot better though.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

osmija wrote:the only thing id really like to change/fix (beyond small not-so-significant things) is the height of the album-visualizer.
but from what i understand it is literally impossible to fix as you cant scale the image used, so the height cant be lowered anyway.
I don't think it wouldn be: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=125655#p125655
osmija

Post by osmija »

balala wrote:I don't think it wouldn be: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=125655#p125655
once again balala saves the day

by the way, is there any way to make the sensitivity of the bars increased on a visualizer? not in the same sense "Sensitivity=" works, since that just overall keeps the bar higher, but rather that the bars react stronger, so they will go further up with less sound, if that makes sense.

for example, assume at 100% volume at a frequency that bar gets to the very top of the visualizer, is there a way to make it so the bar will go to the very top at only 50% volume at that frequency, basically making the movement of the bars far more exaggerated?

like, if sensitivity is put at a high value the bars will always be far up, is there a way to basically just make the threshold at which the bars will go far up different? if id put sensitivity at 500 for example the visualizer would almost always keep the bars at max, which wouldnt really increase the movement of the bars as they'd always be maxed out.

instead id just like to make the rate at which the bars increase exponential, if that makes sense. so they basically show a lot more movement without having a higher "baseline" at which they will always remain. so they will fall back all the way down while also often spiking all the way up.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

osmija wrote:by the way, is there any way to make the sensitivity of the bars increased on a visualizer? not in the same sense "Sensitivity=" works, since that just overall keeps the bar higher, but rather that the bars react stronger, so they will go further up with less sound, if that makes sense.

for example, assume at 100% volume at a frequency that bar gets to the very top of the visualizer, is there a way to make it so the bar will go to the very top at only 50% volume at that frequency, basically making the movement of the bars far more exaggerated?
Maybe I'd try to use a calc measure (in fact one for each AudioLevel plugin measure), something like:

Code: Select all

[MeasureBand0Calc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=( Clamp (( 2 * MeasureBand0 ), 0, 1 ))
and on the [MeterBand0] I'd replace the MeasureName option with MeasureName=MeasureBand0Calc.
I didn't test this approach yet, you'll have to do it.
osmija

Post by osmija »

balala wrote:Maybe I'd try to use a calc measure (in fact one for each AudioLevel plugin measure), something like:

[MeasureBand0Calc]
Measure=Calc
and on the [MeterBand0] I'd replace the MeasureName option with MeasureName=MeasureBand0Calc.
I didn't test this approach yet, you'll have to do it.
tried it, didnt seem to have any effect. maybe i did it wrong, i made it look like this:

[MeasureBand0]
Measure=Plugin
MeasureName=MeasureBand0Calc
Plugin=AudioLevel
Parent=MeasureAudio
Type=Band
BandIdx=0
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

An AudioLevel plugin measure don't has an available MeasureName option. I meant to put the MeasureName option on the [MeterBand0] meter, not on the [MeasureBand0] measure:

[MeasureBand0]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Parent=MeasureAudio
Type=Band
BandIdx=0

[MeasureBand0Calc]
Measure=Calc

[MeterBand0]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureBand0Calc
X=0
Y=0
W=3
H=60
BarImage=[MeasureCover]
BarOrientation=Vertical
ImageCrop=(0*[MeasureWidth]/24),0,([MeasureWidth]/24),([MeasureHeight]/2)
DynamicVariables=1