It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:37 pm

Pendulum (Newton's cradle)

Clocks and timer skins
qwerky

Re: Pendulum (Newton's cradle)

Post by qwerky »

New version tested, and works well, though I didn't notice any problems with the working of the previous version either. :) The additional settings are nice.

But I noticed that sometimes one of the numbers that are intended for the old-style balls, will appear on one of the new-style balls, or will appear on a single old-style ball (not all of them) when the old-style balls are not supposed to have time on them. Clicking the clock on/off seems to get rid of it.

Still waiting for Yincognito to remove that "dot" at the bottom of the "6" and "9" balls--or perhaps he intends to leave them that way? :Whistle

Also, I see now that the sound is actually there; it is just so low-level that I couldn't hear it! I guess it's just supposed to be a "clicking" sound? Don't know why, but I was expecting music or something. :oops:

But the music that was in the test skin you posted earlier, was much louder. (So loud, in fact, that I had to quickly turn the volume down.) I would suggest making your "clicking" sound much louder. It can always be turned down by the user, or turned off in the settings. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Thanks for testing it.
qwerky wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:35 pm New version tested, and works well, though I didn't notice any problems with the working of the previous version either. :) The additional settings are nice.
No, I suppose (hope) neither the previous versions have errors. The reason of rewriting was not to remove some errors, but instead to can increase the Update to the default value and for this (as I wrote in my previous post) I added an ActionTimer plugin measure.
qwerky wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:35 pm But I noticed that sometimes one of the numbers that are intended for the old-style balls, will appear on one of the new-style balls, or will appear on a single old-style ball (not all of them) when the old-style balls are not supposed to have time on them. Clicking the clock on/off seems to get rid of it.
Didn't encountered this. Will check...
qwerky wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:35 pm Still waiting for Yincognito to remove that "dot" at the bottom of the "6" and "9" balls--or perhaps he intends to leave them that way? :Whistle
Don't know, maybe if he'll read your post, will act accordingly. If he won't I'll send a PM, to ask him to do this. Or you can write one, if want.
qwerky wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:35 pm Also, I see now that the sound is actually there; it is just so low-level that I couldn't hear it! I guess it's just supposed to be a "clicking" sound? Don't know why, but I was expecting music or something. :oops:

But the music that was in the test skin you posted earlier, was much louder. (So loud, in fact, that I had to quickly turn the volume down.) I would suggest making your "clicking" sound much louder. It can always be turned down by the user, or turned off in the settings. ;-)
I downloaded the sound from internet (though don't know the source) and it is as I got it. I think there is not possible to increase the volume of the sound used in skins, through the skin or Rainmeter. Maybe using some software then using the new sound in the skin.
But I'm surprised you have such problems, because I hear clearly the clicking, if set on the sound on the Settings skin. :confused:
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

balala wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:50 pm I downloaded the sound from internet (though don't know the source) and it is as I got it. I think there is not possible to increase the volume of the sound used in skins, through the skin or Rainmeter. Maybe using some software then using the new sound in the skin.
But I'm surprised you have such problems, because I hear clearly the clicking, if set on the sound on the Settings skin. :confused:
The volume would have to be increased in the .wav file itself (or a new one found/made); not in Rainmeter or skin. The current .wav file is very quiet even if played with VLC or other player, not just in Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Here is a louder version...

Louder.zip
(14.51 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

jsmorley wrote: March 28th, 2019, 9:50 pm Here is a louder version...

Louder.zip
Thanks! That one works well, sounds good, and is easily heard. :D
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Noticed an issue using pool balls, the first digit displays both the pool ball and the number used with regular balls.
pendnum.png
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

qwerky wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:35 pm ...
Still waiting for Yincognito to remove that "dot" at the bottom of the "6" and "9" balls--or perhaps he intends to leave them that way? :Whistle
Here are modded 6 & 9 balls...
Ball 6.png
Ball 9.png
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 28th, 2019, 10:12 pm Noticed an issue using pool balls, the first digit displays both the pool ball and the number used with regular balls.
pendnum.png
Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to in an earlier post. Glad someone else is also seeing it. Your pics should be helpful to balala. :D
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 28th, 2019, 10:20 pm Here are modded 6 & 9 balls...Ball 6.pngBall 9.png
Excellent, thanks. We'll see tomorrow what balala's thoughts are, as it must be well past midnight now, where he is. :)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

qwerky wrote: March 28th, 2019, 10:28 pm Excellent, thanks. We'll see tomorrow what balala's thoughts are, as it must be well past midnight now, where he is. :)
Yeah, we all need our rest periods, to recharge! :sly:

He is missing a conditional statement, but I am going to let him dig through his code; he added a lot of condition checks to achieve the added features, but they are more than I care to deal with :phhht

I was happy with simply changing the images: pool balls if I wanted numbers, or balala's original silver balls for the pendulum effect. :D

I am sure he will quickly get everything working in his skin. :thumbup: