It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:24 am

How to set variables in another config?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
vindurriel

Re: How to set variables in another config?

Post by vindurriel »

kenz0 wrote:DynamicVariables does not work on WebParser so RegExp in {#n#} does not change at all. In order to change Url, it must refresh, but the variable set when refreshed will be cleared.
After all, SetVariable is worthless for WebParser at least now.
Thanks for clearing that.

There's some misunderstanding. I know how to make a skin fetching 10, 20 or 30 feeds. But what I want to do with SetVariable is to fetch an indefinite number of feeds, maybe 2, 200 or 2000 I don't care, with only 5 memory entities in RegExp. So that I don't need to add or delete any fetching measures when I change the feed source.
kenz0
Developer

Post by kenz0 »

I understand you want to make more dynamic skin. But unfortunately your theory is not formed as far as DynamicVariables is not usable in WebParser.

The reality is, there is only your solution that used 3rd party program to make the work that you expect.
vindurriel

Post by vindurriel »

kenz0 wrote:I understand you want to make more dynamic skin. But unfortunately your theory is not formed as far as DynamicVariables is not usable in WebParser.

The reality is, there is only your solution that used 3rd party program to make the work that you expect.
Thank you again for clearing that.
Now I found that besides webparser, all plugins ignore DynamicVariables.