It is currently July 27th, 2024, 7:58 am

Mlb Live Scores

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RMBill

Re: Mlb Live Scores

Post by RMBill »

Thanks, Yes, it has been working up to this week and then stopped. Looks like a change to the URL address and I have no clue as to the regex needed.

Bill
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

I am also very surprised it only recently stopped working for you. It hasnt worked for me in years.
I have got a renewed interest in rainmeter and its a bit late in the season, but i was able to find the new game data info links. So i will try working on updating this this weekend.
kfonda

Post by kfonda »

It would be very much appreciated... even though I'm a Mets fan :-(
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 1st, 2023, 4:10 pm I am also very surprised it only recently stopped working for you. It hasnt worked for me in years.
I have got a renewed interest in rainmeter and its a bit late in the season, but i was able to find the new game data info links. So i will try working on updating this this weekend.
Doesn't this site have live scores as well, besides the standings?
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=15451&hilit=baseball&start=20#p216147

Not sure if I recall correctly, but I may have spotted a Fixtures button / section there while I was working on the standings regexes, so maybe live scores too? Anyway, since I'm not really into US sports, I might have been mistaken... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

Yincognito wrote: September 1st, 2023, 10:17 pm Doesn't this site have live scores as well, besides the standings?
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=15451&hilit=baseball&start=20#p216147

Not sure if I recall correctly, but I may have spotted a Fixtures button / section there while I was working on the standings regexes, so maybe live scores too? Anyway, since I'm not really into US sports, I might have been mistaken... :???:
Im not sure on that one. I found mlbs new api for the live scores and i do believe you can get standings info also. Just havent looked into the standings info yet.
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

Tigers here. So i feel you lol.

I could use some help on figuring out some parsing. The data im parsing is getting updated as a game progresses(like the code is being added.) So if a value isnt there to be parsed yet on the regexp the parent measure fails to parse the info that is there. Is there a way to do this?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 1st, 2023, 10:54 pm Im not sure on that one. I found mlbs new api for the live scores and i do believe you can get standings info also. Just havent looked into the standings info yet.
Ah, OK then. Good luck in your endeavor, looking forward to see what you come up with. :great:
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

jake2456 wrote: September 1st, 2023, 10:56 pm Tigers here. So i feel you lol.

I could use some help on figuring out some parsing. The data im parsing is getting updated as a game progresses(like the code is being added.) So if a value isnt there to be parsed yet on the regexp the parent measure fails to parse the info that is there. Is there a way to do this?
Trying to figure this out an happened to look back at my old one and found my answer. looks like im going to be doing alot of editing and adding (?(?= before and )) after each string
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jake2456 wrote: September 1st, 2023, 11:11 pm Trying to figure this out an happened to look back at my old one and found my answer. looks like im going to be doing alot of editing and adding (?(?= before and )) after each string
I used some of Yincognito's suggested code to get all of the standings data.
The only thing I have not looked into capturing is the team logo images.

EDIT: My apology for posting this reply to the wrong thread... yours is about Live SCORES not MLB STANDINGS. :oops:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 12:53 pm The only thing I have not looked into capturing is the team logo images.
Yeah, I didn't get into it either, cause nowadays it seems the logos are stored as .svg files, which can't be opened by the Image meter in Rainmeter (though one can use local / offline images of the said teams, depending on whether relegation exists in these sports):
MLB - Team Logos.jpg
As for the live scores part, it seems I remembered correctly earlier and the site does indeed have the scores too, able to be captured similarly from another page belonging to the same site:
MLB - Live Scores.jpg
Note: the stuff presented in the Inspect panels is almost always slightly different from the webpage source that's actually parsed by Rainmeter, especially when it comes to the HTML syntax (much more strict in the Inspect panels), so one shouldn't rely blindly on the former when designing the regexes.

Anyway, as I said, I'm not much of an expert or interested in baseball or other US sports, so my contribution is limited to something where it's clear what data is desired for retrieval (like it was in jsmorley's skin I adjusted the regexes for in the other thread). :confused:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.