It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 11:35 am

Enable/Disable Internet

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Enable/Disable Internet

Post by balala »

Predator73 wrote: October 25th, 2020, 4:24 pm Network ok, Internet Ok, but when I click on Toggle it doesn't change the status ....
Try running the appropriate command to disconnect / reconnect internet, into a command line. Open a command line dialog (type a cmd command into the start menu search box and open the first hit) and type the followings, one at a time:
  • ipconfig /release - this should disconnect internet
  • ipconfig /renew - this should reconnect it.
Are the above commands working?
Predator73

Post by Predator73 »

I tried but they don't work with the ipconfig / release command I get_Error: command line not recognized or incomplete.
and with ipconfig / renev equal_Error: command line not recognized or incomplete.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Predator73 wrote: October 25th, 2020, 8:03 pm I tried but they don't work with the ipconfig / release command I get_Error: command line not recognized or incomplete.
and with ipconfig / renev equal_Error: command line not recognized or incomplete.
Well, this definitely explains why the skin doesn't work, but I don't know. Does anyone know?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Not sure what ipconfig / renev is...
Predator73

Post by Predator73 »

I was wrong to write sorry _I tried but they do not work with the ipconfig / release command I exit_Error: command line not recognized or incomplete.
and with ipconfig / renew equal_Error: command line not recognized or incomplete.
Predator73

Post by Predator73 »

Problem solved, thanks for everything, instead of _ipconfig / release and ipconfig / renew I put_ netsh interface set interface "Ethernet" disabled and _netsh interface set interface "Ethernet" enabled now everything works.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Predator73 wrote: October 25th, 2020, 8:47 pm Problem solved, thanks for everything, instead of _ipconfig / release and ipconfig / renew I put_ netsh interface set interface "Ethernet" disabled and _netsh interface set interface "Ethernet" enabled now everything works.
Ok, I'm glad. :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

While disabling the interface will certainly disconnect you from the "WAN / internet", it will also disconnect you from your entire LAN. I wonder if there is a generic way to disable the internet while leaving you connected to other devices on your network, a printer for instance.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: October 25th, 2020, 9:12 pm I wonder if there is a generic way to disable the internet while leaving you connected to other devices on your network, a printer for instance.
Good question. I don't know, however I also would be interested. Just to know. Let me / us know if anyone finds such a way.
Predator73

Post by Predator73 »

doing some tests I noticed that the ipconfig / release and ipconfig / renew commands work if you have DHCP enabled but if you are using a fixed IP like me you cannot use them, unless there is some other magic command. It was a pleasure, see you next time Hello