It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:39 pm

qbittorrent skin

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Bishop149

Re: qbittorrent skin

Post by Bishop149 »

Active Colors wrote:All right. It seems updating qbittorrent resolved the problem (I found out that I had been using a version from 2009). But not completely. The http://127.0.0.1:8080/query/torrents page shows some bunch of text, but skin still shows nothing. The About tab says Fetch error, operation timed-out, ErrorCode=12002.
Be aware that 8080 is a port which I know is used as a default by a number of applications with an interface similar to qBittorrents WebUI. I guess that if 8080 was already in use by another application it won't work, but that doesn't seem to have been your issue.

When I was originally testing this I too encountered problems getting it up and running. I mostly put these down to failures of authentication and jsmorely gave me the tip about using 127.0.0.1. It has worked perfectly ever since. I suppose it is possible that qbittorrent might have to be restarted once the WebUI is initialized in order for the changes to take effect, and the skin to work. If this is the case I probably didn't notice as I tried several things in quick succession!

Edit: I will put a note in the OP about using localhost instead. . . . . . I guess if it worked for you it might work for others!
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

jsmorley wrote:Well, as usual your computer is different than every other Windows computer in the world. I suspect you have hacked at your hosts file somehow.

Code: Select all

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#	127.0.0.1       localhost
#	::1             localhost
Oh, yeah. I forgot that I had couple of strings there which include this address. But I have them written like
127.0.0.1 somesite.com. I thought this would affect only somesite.com. Does this actually affects everything about 127.0.0.1?

Sorry for the off-topic.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Active Colors wrote:Oh, yeah. I forgot that I had couple of strings there which include this address. But I have them written like
127.0.0.1 somesite.com. I thought this would affect only somesite.com. Does this actually affects everything about 127.0.0.1?
No, it should not. What that is saying is redirect calls to somesite.com to localhost, which in effect throws any calls to somesite.com in the bit-bucket instead of going out to the internet and resolving the name with DNS. That should not have an impact on the fact that localhost is automatically assigned to 127.0.0.1

In any case, use "localhost" if that is what works for you. That is probably better anyway really, as URL's generally use a hostname and not an IP, so that is fine.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ok, so I did some re-work on my existing uTorrent skin, and converted it to support qBittorrent.

Bishop149, while I don't approach this quite the same way you do, there may be a tidbit or two in my Lua code that you might find useful. In particular I think how I am doing "ETA / time remaining" has some merit, and you might find how I am scaling the size and speed of some value.

Thanks for putting me on to this Bishop149. While qBittorrent might be missing an unessential feature or two that uTorrent has, there is no doubt it is a lot lighter, snappier, and I can live without all the advertising. I like it...

qBT - qBittorrent
Bishop149

Post by Bishop149 »

jsmorley wrote:Ok, so I did some re-work on my existing uTorrent skin, and converted it to support qBittorrent.

Bishop149, while I don't approach this quite the same way you do, there may be a tidbit or two in my Lua code that you might find useful. In particular I think how I am doing "ETA / time remaining" has some merit, and you might find how I am scaling the size and speed of some value.

Thanks for putting me on to this Bishop149. While qBittorrent might be missing an unessential feature or two that uTorrent has, there is no doubt it is a lot lighter, snappier, and I can live without all the advertising. I like it...
Very nice!
I'll abandon my attempt to make a more catch all version of mine form scratch as yours fills that space very nicely.
Do you plan to add any more functionality? I admit haven't properly looked at your version yet but when I do and if I find it missing some of things I would have liked to have implemented would you have any objection to my releasing a modified version?

I actually modified a version of your ETA code (that you posted in another thread) to make my ETA code!
The issue I saw with yours is that it gives quite a long string as a return (with every relevant divider displayed), which was not suitable for a small(ish) window containing large format text. This happened to be the output format I wanted, I like to be able to check on things at a glance when I'm sat on the sofa! So I created my version which only shows the largest relevant divider as a decimal.
I do however like your idea of a more complete data window displaying on a mouse over. For this the longer, more precise ETA is very nice. If I rejig it I might use both, horses for courses.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You are welcome to do anything you want with my code, feel free to release any modified version you like.

I probably won't add or change much functionality in this myself. It pretty much does what I want for my limited use of torrents, and if you cross the Rubicon and start looking at showing all torrents in some scrolling view, or only showing certain "status" values, or sorting the torrents by some criteria, this will quickly get more complicated and "application'ish" than I"m comfortable with.

Horses for courses indeed...