It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:48 pm

[V1.1.2] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Cariboudjan

Re: [V1.1.2] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Post by Cariboudjan »

balala wrote: October 28th, 2019, 6:12 pm I suppose instead of FrostedGlass plugin, Chameleon could do this. Give it a try...
Oops. I meant to post this in the Chameleon thead. Thanks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Cariboudjan wrote: October 29th, 2019, 3:27 am Oops. I meant to post this in the Chameleon thead. Thanks.
Ok, it happens sometimes. But Chameleon definitely can do what you want.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

I don't think it can, since it needs a jpeg in order for it to pull information from. Wallpaper Engine, to my knowledge, doesn't do this. It is an animated overlay on the Windows desktop that the Chameleon plugin obviously won't be able to read.
DanDaBear

Post by DanDaBear »

I suppose you could save a screenshot of the Wallpaper Engine, have windows use it as the wallpaper, then start Wallpaper Engine. Chameleon will then use the Windows Wallpaper for colors. I Think?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Cariboudjan wrote: October 29th, 2019, 11:17 am I don't think it can, since it needs a jpeg in order for it to pull information from. Wallpaper Engine, to my knowledge, doesn't do this. It is an animated overlay on the Windows desktop that the Chameleon plugin obviously won't be able to read.
Ok, maybe (probably) you're right. I have to admit I don't know what Wallpaper Engine is, I just supposed it sets from time to time new wallpapers. Sorry if I was wrong...
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Nah. Animated desktop overlay.
DanDaBear wrote: October 29th, 2019, 12:09 pm I suppose you could save a screenshot of the Wallpaper Engine, have windows use it as the wallpaper, then start Wallpaper Engine. Chameleon will then use the Windows Wallpaper for colors. I Think?
You could absolutely do that, but then that would defeat the purpose of the plugin setting colors automatically.
HRDSalami654

Post by HRDSalami654 »

Neurohax wrote: June 13th, 2019, 2:03 am Just a heads up that 1903 might have introduced some quirks for this plug in. Still works, but dragging meters is slow.

More info and example: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32501
Unfortunately this topic just loops back around to this the current thread. Is there an update on this issue?
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Noticed this. Dragging a window with Acrylic type causes extremely slow dragging with extreme lag. Setting the same window to regular blur doesn't have this effect.

1 = Regular blur
2 = Acrylic blur

oZone

Post by oZone »

Cariboudjan wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:01 am Noticed this. Dragging a window with Acrylic type causes extremely slow dragging with extreme lag. Setting the same window to regular blur doesn't have this effect.

1 = Regular blur
2 = Acrylic blur
My plugin TranslucentRM is using same undocumented winapi , so
oZone wrote: September 28th, 2019, 3:07 pm Type=4 acrylic, for "FrostedGlass mode" this is broken in Windows 10 build 10.0.18362, 1903 (May 2019 Update).
I cannot fix it, this is Windows bug.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Thanks.

There's probably something that can be done with a Calc measure that shuts off blur while a window is being dragged, and then reenable it when it stops moving.

Acrylic seems fine so long as the window is still.

Would have been awesome to have an OnDragAction for this.