[V1.1.2] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Share your custom plugins and applications to enhance Rainmeter.

Re: [V1.1] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

June 16th, 2018, 3:20 pm
theAzack9
Developer   [482 posts]

[quote="eclectic-tech"][/quote]

Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting :)

Re: [V1.1.1] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

July 26th, 2018, 12:25 pm
kyriakos876
   [521 posts]

Any chance I can change the color of the blur to something more white without adding a meter that messes with the opacity? (See windows 10 settings)

August 20th, 2018, 5:23 pm
rxtd
   [37 posts]

Version 1.1.1 have one very annoying feature: if always writes "Acrylic is not supported on windows 10 builds until build 17063. Falling back to blur." on older versions of Windows.
I think that if I don't use Acrylic blur then the plugin shouldn't complain about version.
Same should be happening with Windows <10: even if the blur is disabled, the plugin writes message to logs.
And if a skin uses "BlurEnabled" option then after update to 1.1.1 plugin writes warnings to logs, so this version is not 100% backward compatible.

September 5th, 2018, 4:47 pm
Virginityrocks
   [491 posts]

When using Acrylic or Blur in V1.1.1, skins blur flickers on/off when the skin updates when DynamicVariables=1. If a skin is set to Update=100, it's a strobe disco.

Hopefully you can fix this, because I like the Acrylic effect. The previous version did not flicker with DynamicVariables=1.

(The reason why I use DynamicVariables is to turn blur on or off without refreshing, such as during a transition using ActionTimer -- Maybe add a CommandMeasure for FrostedGlass to turn on and off blur?)

Edit: I've fixed the problem by using [!SetOption FrostedGlass DynamicVariables 0] when a transition is complete. But I'll leave this up so that you're aware of the flickering problem on update.

September 5th, 2018, 8:07 pm
Virginityrocks
   [491 posts]

Good work, by the way.

September 6th, 2018, 7:10 am
theAzack9
Developer   [482 posts]

kyriakos876 wrote:Any chance I can change the color of the blur to something more white without adding a meter that messes with the opacity? (See windows 10 settings)

There is a field for this, but it only works for the acrylic type. I still think that the best way to add a tint is to set BackgroundMode=2 and SolidColor=Color in the Rainmeter section of the skin, since this will tint the entire skin without the need of any meters. :)

rxtd wrote:Version 1.1.1 have one very annoying feature: if always writes "Acrylic is not supported on windows 10 builds until build 17063. Falling back to blur." on older versions of Windows.
I think that if I don't use Acrylic blur then the plugin shouldn't complain about version.
Same should be happening with Windows <10: even if the blur is disabled, the plugin writes message to logs.
And if a skin uses "BlurEnabled" option then after update to 1.1.1 plugin writes warnings to logs, so this version is not 100% backward compatible.

The newest version should make the logger be a bit better :) It should now only log once or when the options change and only if the option is set to the invalid value.

Virginityrocks wrote:When using Acrylic or Blur in V1.1.1, skins blur flickers on/off when the skin updates when DynamicVariables=1. If a skin is set to Update=100, it's a strobe disco.

Hopefully you can fix this, because I like the Acrylic effect. The previous version did not flicker with DynamicVariables=1.

(The reason why I use DynamicVariables is to turn blur on or off without refreshing, such as during a transition using ActionTimer -- Maybe add a CommandMeasure for FrostedGlass to turn on and off blur?)

Edit: I've fixed the problem by using [!SetOption FrostedGlass DynamicVariables 0] when a transition is complete. But I'll leave this up so that you're aware of the flickering problem on update.

I really thought i tested dynamic variables :/ I seems it flickers when i just keep reapplying the effect, so i added a small check if it has changed or not. It should be fixed in the newest version. :) Thanks for reporting.

September 6th, 2018, 9:59 am
kyriakos876
   [521 posts]

theAzack9 wrote:There is a field for this, but it only works for the acrylic type. I still think that the best way to add a tint is to set BackgroundMode=2 and SolidColor=Color in the Rainmeter section of the skin, since this will tint the entire skin without the need of any meters. :)

I'm aware of the option but I will have to add "opacity" in the solidcolor option which would go against of what I wantI want to keep the opacity but with a white accent.

Re: [V1.1.2] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

September 13th, 2018, 4:52 am
MaxCorpIndustries
   [2 posts]

Is there any way to change the intensity of the blur? Unfortunately the current blur is too strong (I am using the plugin to produce a 'blurred' effect, but still leave text visible).

September 13th, 2018, 5:31 am
theAzack9
Developer   [482 posts]

MaxCorpIndustries wrote:Is there any way to change the intensity of the blur? Unfortunately the current blur is too strong (I am using the plugin to produce a 'blurred' effect, but still leave text visible).

It is sadly just an on/off toggle for it, sorry :/
If Microsoft ever adds a way to change the intensity, then i'll be sure to add it tho :)

That said, you can somewhat control it by changing the transparency of the skin itself in the manage menu.

September 13th, 2018, 11:23 pm
MaxCorpIndustries
   [2 posts]

Thanks, that worked better than I expected!

Return to “Plugins & Addons”