It is currently November 26th, 2022, 10:05 am

Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
Mandak
Posts: 25
Joined: July 6th, 2014, 9:35 am

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by Mandak »

I've installed MIUI Weather. In MIUI Weather is:

WeatherLocation=BKXX0111

URL=http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#WeatherLocation#?cc=*&unit=#ImperialMetric#&dayf=7

What is I need for Change to Yahoo! weather feed?

When I changed URL, it not working.
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 22551
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by jsmorley »

Mandak wrote:I've installed MIUI Weather. In MIUI Weather is:

WeatherLocation=BKXX0111

URL=http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#WeatherLocation#?cc=*&unit=#ImperialMetric#&dayf=7

What is I need for Change to Yahoo! weather feed?

When I changed URL, it not working.
Why would you want to change to Yahoo! weather feed? That will be quite a lot of work, to change from weather.com to Yahoo.
Mandak
Posts: 25
Joined: July 6th, 2014, 9:35 am

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by Mandak »

jsmorley wrote:Why would you want to change to Yahoo! weather feed? That will be quite a lot of work, to change from weather.com to Yahoo.
This weather skin deviates from reality.
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 22551
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by jsmorley »

Mandak wrote:This weather skin deviates from reality.
Yahoo weather uses Weather.com for the source of its data.
Mandak
Posts: 25
Joined: July 6th, 2014, 9:35 am

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by Mandak »

jsmorley wrote:Yahoo weather uses Weather.com for the source of its data.
It is the same. Why change to Yahoo! weather feed?
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 22551
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by jsmorley »

Mandak wrote:It is the same. Why change to Yahoo! weather feed?
At the risk of feeding the troll, nobody is suggesting you should. The title of this thread should be read as "There is a change to the Yahoo! weather feed". Did you even read the first post?
Mandak
Posts: 25
Joined: July 6th, 2014, 9:35 am

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by Mandak »

jsmorley wrote:At the risk of feeding the troll, nobody is suggesting you should. The title of this thread should be read as "There is a change to the Yahoo! weather feed". Did you even read the first post?
Yes, but I want bether. I thought this was better. That's why I asked the question.
darcilicious
Posts: 34
Joined: May 1st, 2010, 5:34 pm

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by darcilicious »

I've always struggled with the RexExp / parsing stuff. I'm using the Elementary weather skin and a simple URL replacement doesn't seem to be doing the trick -- I'm throwing myself upon the mercy of anyone who can help :)

URL="http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20weather.forecast%20where%20woeid%3D#woeid#%20AND%20u%3D'#unit#'"

RegExp=(?siU)<yweather:units.*distance="(.*)".*speed="(.*)".*chill="(.*)".*direction="(.*)".*speed="(.*)".*<yweather:atmosphere.*humidity="(.*)".*visibility="(.*)".*<item>\s*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*<yweather:condition.*code="(.*)".*temp="(.*)"#forecast##forecast##forecast##forecast#

Thanks in advance!
User avatar
moshi
Posts: 1740
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by moshi »

darcilicious wrote:I've always struggled with the RexExp / parsing stuff. I'm using the Elementary weather skin and a simple URL replacement doesn't seem to be doing the trick -- I'm throwing myself upon the mercy of anyone who can help :)

URL="http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20weather.forecast%20where%20woeid%3D#woeid#%20AND%20u%3D'#unit#'"

RegExp=(?siU)<yweather:units.*distance="(.*)".*speed="(.*)".*chill="(.*)".*direction="(.*)".*speed="(.*)".*<yweather:atmosphere.*humidity="(.*)".*visibility="(.*)".*<item>\s*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*<yweather:condition.*code="(.*)".*temp="(.*)"#forecast##forecast##forecast##forecast#

Thanks in advance!

this thread was about replacing A with B. the skin you are using does not have A, it has C. (and C is working)
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 22551
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: Change to Yahoo! weather feed

Post by jsmorley »

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Elementary-2-0-426588102

Elementary 2.0 works just fine with the YQL select for weather.