It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:37 pm

Firewatch Parallax Theme v1.5.0 (Update: 7th March 2016)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Fawxy

Firewatch Parallax Theme v1.5.0 (Update: 7th March 2016)

Post by Fawxy »

Preview here: http://imgur.com/a/ftpqD
Download here: http://thefawxyone.deviantart.com/art/Firewatch-Parallax-Theme-1-5-0-595292098

Optimised for single monitors! put your resolution in FirewatchParallaxSettings.inc

What's new?
  • Easy setup with FirewatchParallaxSettings.inc file to input your monitor size, change colours and other goodies!
  • Way more variations - can't handle the full parallax? Pick from High/Med/Low/Static
  • Added a bunch more icons for your customising pleasure!
  • Uses the new version of the MouseXY plugin. Nice for me, doesn't matter for you
  • JUST FOR @jsmorley, no more errors on refresh! Ooooh so nice.
Visualiser nabbed and customised from: http://undefinist.deviantart.com
Launcher customised from: http://rainbowhoovez.deviantart.com.
Clock from: http://madmilov2.deviantart.com

Old changelog:
v1.0.0
  • Release with only full or no parallax variations
  • Original version of the MouseX and separate MouseY plugin
  • Few icons
  • No includes so changing for resolutions was a pain in the butt
Future plans:
v1.5.0
  • Settings.inc to customize all the important stuff (writing in your screen res to prevent multi screen spill and stuff.)
  • More icons
  • More variants of the parallax (fuse some of the layers together so there's like... 4 instead of 9 heh. Sorry CPU!)
v2.0.0
  • React to time of day (currently it's sunset. Add sunrise, midday, night)
  • Two/3 monitor support? not sure how to tile the images properly for that to work nicely... i'll figure it out.
v3.0.0
  • React to weather! (clouds, rain. I'm english... what other types of weather are there?)
  • Maybe integrate some system monitoring stuff? I like having it minimalist and subtle, like the rays on the sun visualiser.
v15.0.0
  • Use my mouse thingy (or write a new plugin) to recognize basic mouse gestures
Last edited by Fawxy on March 8th, 2016, 9:43 am, edited 8 times in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Firewatch Parallax Theme v1.0.0

Post by jsmorley »

That is actually pretty damn cool.

You might consider doing some simple example skin, including the 32bit/64bit versions of your MouseX and MouseY plugins, and post it to "Plugins and Addons" here. I think that a few folks might be very interested in using those plugins in their skins.

For example:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=50
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Metadata]
Name=MouseXY
Author=JSMorley
Information=This is an example of the MouseX and MouseY plugins from Fawxy|More robust example at: http://thefawxyone.deviantart.com/art/Firewatch-Parallax-Theme-1-0-0-594810586)
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Version=Mar 6, 2016

[MeasureMouseX]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MouseX

[MeasureMouseY]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MouseY

[MeterMousePosition]
Meter=String
FontSize=11
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=X: [MeasureMouseX:] | Y: [MeasureMouseY:]
DynamicVariables=1
MouseXY_1.0.rmskin
While there are some limitations on what you can reliably do with the "current" mouse X/Y position, since while the plugin can no doubt keep up with the mouse movement, a skin, which can effectively update at the fastest only every 16ms, might not be able to completely keep up and be entirely accurate, there are still a lot of interesting things you can do with the current mouse position independent of the skin size and position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

BTW, for the sake of simplicity, you might consider changing to just one MouseXY.dll and have it use an option on the measure to determine whether to return X or Y:

[MeasureX]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MouseXY
Dimension=X

[MeasureY]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MouseXY
Dimension=Y
Fawxy

Post by Fawxy »

jsmorley wrote:That is actually pretty damn cool.

You might consider doing some simple example skin, including the 32bit/64bit versions of your MouseX and MouseY plugins, and post it to "Plugins and Addons" here. I think that a few folks might be very interested in using those plugins in their skins.
Thanks! I'll tweak the plugin as per your suggestions and post in there a bit later on :) It's gonna be really cool seeing what people come up with... hmm.. gesture based stuff.. you could totally do that...
Fawxy

Post by Fawxy »

lednhatkhanh

Re: Firewatch Parallax Theme v1.5.0 (Update: 7th March 2016)

Post by lednhatkhanh »

Your theme is incredible! I love this theme sooo much! Can you please add more icons for these app: Vivaldi, League of Legends? Thank you so much! :D
Fawxy

Post by Fawxy »

lednhatkhanh wrote:Your theme is incredible! I love this theme sooo much! Can you please add more icons for these app: Vivaldi, League of Legends? Thank you so much! :D
Sure, I'm going to add a few more icons with the next update so i'll be sure to add those :)
Killrapture

Post by Killrapture »

I just downloaded this, I've been trying to figure out how to use this with ITunes instead of Spotify, I also used a different background but kept the parallax'd mountains and it actually turned out pretty well. I'm still new to Rainmeter and it seems Windows 10 apps don't work as well with the launchers, they don't seem to open properly.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Killrapture wrote:I just downloaded this, I've been trying to figure out how to use this with ITunes instead of Spotify, I also used a different background but kept the parallax'd mountains and it actually turned out pretty well. I'm still new to Rainmeter and it seems Windows 10 apps don't work as well with the launchers, they don't seem to open properly.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22716
Killrapture

Post by Killrapture »

Hey, I just downloaded this and it seems the audio for ITunes isn't working, and the visualizer is hiding behind the mouintain in the distance, not behind the sun as I understand it should. what do I do?