It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:07 am

RainExplorer

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
QwopJoans

RainExplorer

Post by QwopJoans »

Complete file browser using Rainmeter's FileView and HotKey plugins.

Features:
Button to go up a level
Ability to enter path directly into the directory bar.
Ability to search subdirectories.
Minimization ability
Scrollable drives list
Favorite locations listing that's editable through the options skin
Toggle hidden and system folders to show
Taskbar menu that can open the startmenu, show all open windows, and open the tray at the mouse location
Power menu that includes shutdown, restart, sleep, lock, and log off
Special folders menu, that allows access to folders not reachable through my browser, right click on the recycle bin to empty it
Scrollable launch menu, right click to open the launch directory and add shortcuts to the applications or folders you'd like to open
The ability to sort by name, size, date modified, date accessed, or date created
Double click on type currently being sorted by to invert the sort order
Right click the date type to change it
Scrollable file listing with dynamic scrollbar, click the scrollbar to take you to that position
Left click on file/folder to open/follow the path respectively
Right clicking on file/folder opens the context menu
Right clicking on file/folder name allows you to rename the file/folder
Hit the delete key over a file/folder to show the delete dialog
Displays all information and icon on hover over file/folder, and total file/folder count in the current directory when not hovering over anything
Options menu that allows you to change all the colors, transparency, font size, font face, launch directory, launcher size, launcher count, and favorite locations and names

DeviantArt Link
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by QwopJoans on April 6th, 2016, 8:01 am, edited 11 times in total.
QwopJoans

Re: RainExplorer

Post by QwopJoans »

Now with new Scrollbar functionality!
QwopJoans

Post by QwopJoans »

Scrollbar is now clickable to take you to position in list and you can now create new folders and text documents through the custom skin menu.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

Nice! I really like that you got a working scrollbar in this. :thumbup:

I tried to do something similar a few years ago when I converted a skin from FileList to FileView (as I recall scrollbars worked beautifully with FileList) but I scrapped the entire scrollbar because I couldn't quite get it to work right (would've helped if I had thought of using the FolderInfo plugin like you did lol).

Extra credit
Can you make the scrollbar change size in relation to how many items there are to scroll through? :sly:

By the way, your skin says it needs Rainmeter 4.0, but it runs fine on 3.3.0 ;-)
QwopJoans

Post by QwopJoans »

New version posted, new folders and text documents can now be created through the skin custom menu. The minimized state is also much more clean looking as shown in the attached image.

Thanks! And the dangerous thing about changing the size is that it kind of jumps to the next position so it can sometimes land on the invisible meters that determine scrolling when you're dragging the scrollbutton, but I do believe it'd be doable. As for working on 3.3, yeah, cause nothing has changed since 4.0 really that'd affect it, but I'm using 4.0 so that's why it requires it, the rmskin maker just uses the version you have installed as the minimum version number.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
QwopJoans

Post by QwopJoans »

I'll actually need to make the scrollbutton change size I just realized because other wise it just jumps and now that I look at the code it'll be a lot more challenging than I thought it'd be.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

QwopJoans wrote:New version posted, new folders and text documents can now be created through the skin custom menu. The minimized state is also much more clean looking as shown in the attached image.
8-)
QwopJoans wrote:Thanks! And the dangerous thing about changing the size is that it kind of jumps to the next position so it can sometimes land on the invisible meters that determine scrolling when you're dragging the scrollbutton, but I do believe it'd be doable. As for working on 3.3, yeah, cause nothing has changed since 4.0 really that'd affect it, but I'm using 4.0 so that's why it requires it, the rmskin maker just uses the version you have installed as the minimum version number.
Actually you can change this in the Skin Packager. See step two of Publishing Skins (.rmskin) ;-) You can change the minimum required version of Rainmeter to 3.3.0 or whatever you feel comfortable with. In addition, you can also change the minimum required version of Windows (your skin should work on Vista but won't work on XP without modification, which IMHO would be more trouble than it's worth)
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

QwopJoans wrote:I'll actually need to make the scroll button change size I just realized because other wise it just jumps and now that I look at the code it'll be a lot more challenging than I thought it'd be.
I'm not sure if can help though without knowing specifically what you are finding challenging (getting the scroll bar to resize, getting the resized bar to behave correctly, etc). One of the things I sometimes do when trying to get something to work is create a new skin with everything that I don't need stripped out. It might not be helpful for you but since your skin is on the complex end of the spectrum I thought I'd toss that out there.

In terms of the size of the scroll bar it should be calculated with an inverse equation. If there are twice as many total entries than there are listed entries (i.e. 18 listed and 36 total) then the scroll bar should be half of its normal size. If there are 64 total entries then the scroll bar should be a fourth of its size.

In other words
If the scroll bar is set to normally be at 100% of the size of the area in which it scrolls (in terms of height) when at 18 total entries you should be able to use multiply (18/[mTotalCount]) by the max height of the scroll bar for calculating the correct scroll bar size. The only problem with this formula is that you will get divide by zero errors, but that can be fixed by disabling the calc measure when there are less than 18 total entries.

Basic Example

Code: Select all

[Variables]
ScrollBarMaxHeight=265

[mFolderCount]
[mFileCount]
[mTotalCount]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(mFolderCount + mFileCount)

[Scrollbar]
H=(#ScrollBarMaxHeight#*(18/[mTotalCount]))
As I said before, there is the divide by zero problem, even if the meter is hidden. The workaround is to use !SetOption to change the scrollbar's H= to something else.

After glancing at your code and testing this I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of your current setup for calculating height is, but my equation seems to calculate the scrollbar size just fine. The problem (as far as I can tell) is that the calculation of Y= needs to be adjusted, but I don't have time right now to delve further into this.

EDIT
Fixed unmatched brackets in my equation :p
QwopJoans

Post by QwopJoans »

I've attached a bare bones version of my RainExplorer, just use Test.ini and edit that to see any changes, there are no includes to dive through. What I'm trying to change is the size of the ScrollButton not the Scrollbar. I can have the scroll button change size dynamically depending on mTotalCount, but the issue is then it scroll off the screen. Like if you set ScrollButtonBackground to H=([Scrollbar:H] > (([mTotalCount] - 18) * #FontSize#) ? ([Scrollbar:H] - ([mTotalCount] - 18) * #FontSize#) : (2 * #FontSize#)) it will change size appropriately, but if you scroll all the way down it'll scroll past the bottom border.

Edit: My planned solution is to change the Y value of ScrollButtonBackground as mCurrentCount changes.
QwopJoans

Post by QwopJoans »

New version up, scrollbutton now dynamically changes size relative to number of items in the filepath. Less items, bigger button, more items, smaller button. I was an idiot and the code was super simple.